Rousey or Zingano?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Rousey or Zingano?

Postby D_Glenn on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Taste of Death wrote:
Dajenarit wrote:The whole card was actually really good but what a main event fight! All 14 seconds of it. I could sense the interplay of skill and will. Quite a moment. And I've never even seen an armbar quite like that. Definitely good shit.. I love Cat's post fight interview. I hope she climbs the ladder for a rematch.

It lasted 0:14. Tyson vs Spinks had more drama than this. Cat Zingano=tomato can. What do Rousey's opponents work on in training? How to lose spectacularly by not even attempting to follow their trainers' game plan?

Rousey is unbeatable. Especially with opponents like that.

+1

Did she really try to land a Flying Knee strike?!?

Didn't Meisha Tate try the exact same thing against Ronda?

Flying Knee knockout is 1 in a Million chance.

D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Dajenarit on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:23 pm

fuga wrote:Did you even get a chance to take a shot of Jameson? That was fast!

Lol Dude tell me about it. I had to take them on the way out the door. My wife was more than annoyed since we already had finished a bottle of wine and when I originally brought the idea up leading to the main event she was like "fuck that, I'm saucy already." ;D All in all it was a good time. Nothing like seeing a fight live. You rarely see people that excited about an early finish but that was some historic shit right there.

Its funny cuz there was a line for the bathroom as soon as the Holms-Pennington fight ended cuz everyone knew what time it was but holy shit if she isn't trying to break records. Next time is it gonna be a 10 second fight? She got fans in a Prime Tyson fight situation. You wanna see the throwdown but paying full PPV prices for seconds long fights is a bit much. Thankfully the cover was only 10 bucks which is reasonable. When I saw Mayweather-Maidana II there it was 20.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby fuga on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:30 pm

D_Glenn wrote:Did she really try to land a Flying Knee strike?!?

I'd be curious as to whether that was in her game plan. Is that what her coaches asked her to do to start the fight?

If that's the case, why not just start the fight lying down on your back with your arm straight up in the air? ;D
fuga
Great Old One

Postby Dajenarit on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:49 pm

I hope her camp didn't let talk of being a slow starter cause that mistake. But you know how adrenaline can get you...

Hey if it worked we would of been applauding her chutzpah and go get her attitude. But like someone said post fight "you dont charge at a lion". As was also mentioned, Judo is literally one of the best arts created to deal with someone running like a mad person at you. Hopefully her opponents after this point reevaluate and wise up to the strengths in Rousey's game instead of playing to them. Her next opponent needs to take the first 30 seconds of the round off and keep a clear head, at the least for a change of pace from these sub 20 sec fights. Soon the bets aren't going to be about whether Rousey can win but whether her opponents can make it out the first.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:03 pm

Purely by chance, caught this fight on TV last night. They started out an at awesome pace and the athleticism of both was a thing to behold and then - doh! It's all over!

Rousey has a truly brilliant instinct for an arm bar. Zingano must be kicking herself for leaving her arm in that position. It was just a second or two - but that was all Rousey needed to snap, crackle and pop.

Great fight - but a short one.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:48 pm

SNIP
Great fights are the short fights.
SNIP

For participants: certainly. For spectators: less so.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby leifeng on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:48 pm

Great fights are the short fights.
leifeng
Huajing

Postby GrahamB on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:40 am

fuga wrote:
D_Glenn wrote:Did she really try to land a Flying Knee strike?!?

I'd be curious as to whether that was in her game plan. Is that what her coaches asked her to do to start the fight?

If that's the case, why not just start the fight lying down on your back with your arm straight up in the air? ;D

I like what Jack Slack said - about the only way you're going to beat Ronda from the clinch is by pulling guard and having an amazing ground game off your back. If you get thrown you always end up in a position to give her the arm bar. Pull guard and find out how good her guard passing is - that's usually the Judoka's weak point.

14 second fight - 25 minute breakdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q17OFCf ... e=youtu.be

Last edited by GrahamB on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:01 am

Hilarious.

Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:31 am

Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:55 am

This guy meanders but his opinion is solid.

Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:44 am

I like what Jack Slack said - about the only way you're going to beat Ronda from the clinch is by pulling guard and having an amazing ground game off your back. If you get thrown you always end up in a position to give her the arm bar. Pull guard and find out how good her guard passing is - that's usually the Judoka's weak point.

I think it's the opposite, Judoka usually have a great top game since you can by pinning therefore trying to sweep them or even finish from the guard can be very tricky, not to mention this is Olympic level judo so comparing her with other judoka is pointless especially since they do a lot of sambo at Gokor's anyhow.

The only way I see Ronda losing is in striking. I think Cyborg and her steroids will do Chris well.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:48 am

Yeah, I said "from the clinch" - ideally you wouldn't get in the clinch in the first place! There's no way you're going to be on top from the clinch, so you might as well choose to be on the bottom on your terms.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:43 am

Rousey need to go against more BJJ/Judo trained fighters because it seems that she has no equal.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:20 am

Her next opponent needs to for the love of god not play immediately to her strengths. Just give it a try for you know a minute or 2. The results might surprise them. If her next opponent brain farts to the level that Cat did people are going to be claiming that the fights are rigged. Even though Rowdy is far above the rest of the field in the UFC they can at least give her some level of competition past the first round. 5 minutes shouldn't be too much to ask for from her next opponent in the next go round. She probably won't fight again till 2016 if she really has this movie lined up though.
Dajenarit
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic