Welcome back, forum member Justin Cobb!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Welcome back, forum member Justin Cobb!

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:45 am

He's done it before and there's no reason to believe anything he says about blog sizes.
Michael

Postby mixjourneyman on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:47 am

Someone should sue him for character defamation. :-X
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:48 am

Womanizer, woman-womanizer
You're a womanizer
Oh, womanizer, oh
You're a womanizer, baby

You, you, you are
You, you, you are
Womanizer, womanizer
Womanizer

Boy don't try to front, uh, I
Know just, just, what you are, ah, ah
Boy don't try to front, uh, I
Know just, just, what you are, ah, ah
Ian

Postby D_Glenn on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:19 am

The guest comments on the blogs was automatically allowed when the blog is created. I had to go into my blog and turn it off after I found all the spam, then I PM'd Justin Cobb and had him remove all of it. This happened about a year ago, so Justin has known about it for some time . I should forward that PM again.
One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:21 am

D_Glenn wrote:The guest comments on the blogs was automatically allowed when the blog is created. I had to go into my blog and turn it off after I found all the spam, then I PM'd Justin Cobb and had him remove all of it. This happened about a year ago, so Justin has known about it for some time . I should forward that PM again.

That's clearly a deliberate attack on their system -box- -mg- -rockets-

-ghey-
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:39 am

"decided to covertly use resources that didn't belong to them and co-opt our PM system to try and ruin the board as it existed"
I guess that was mostly about me, -- in the usual passive-aggressive and highly dramatic fashion...

Man oh man...

"resources that didn't belong to them"?! ;D Well, basically everyone on your forum (or any forum, for that matter) is doing it on a regular basis, aren't they? Those bastards, stealing the resources they don't own! THE NERVE!!!

"to try and ruin the board" -- oh puh-lease... Nobody was trying to "ruin" your board, people were simply given fair information so that they could make an informed decision where to go -- some came back here, some stayed, some are still visiting both places. You are NOT that important guys, sorry, you really are not, it wasn't about you, -- it was about everyone else, the members who had no idea what was going on.

"co-opt our PM system" -- PMs were the ONLY option you left available. There were a TON of people who had no idea what happened, and there was a thread stickied at the top that was informing everyone of the details of the transition and the "split", put up there per mutual agreement, and you guys "un-stuck" it (i.e. basically removed it, for all practical purposes) a day or two later. Breaking yet another agreement/promise, which wasn't really surprising anymore. Any other threads on the subject were explicitly forbidden. There was no other way than PMs to inform those who weren't aware of the situation.

::)
Last edited by Dmitri on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby yusuf on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:03 am

.. oh for fucks sake.. can;t we just let the shit settle so the .net turds can get flushed away
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:14 am

But why? It's like a slice of neoconism that I can affect.

Plus, when they are acting like a bunch of shitheels I feel like I can be a dick with the moral highground...and boy howdy do I get off on being able to do that.

S- Taking back the moral highground for America from some of the lying bitches who take advantage of our wonderful country and it's ideals. Dirty lying bitches.
Last edited by shawnsegler on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:19 am

It's sad to me. I would have liked to see them both remain just so that everybody would have a place and there wouldn't be any more schism threads. With another forum, there would be more opportunity for on-topic information exchange, which is something the old EF always had a problem with and still does, frankly. I personally haven't posted there because, while I was away from posting recently after the schism, they created such an intensely and relentlessly poisonous atmosphere there for anyone who wasn't as politically far-Leftist as they are that I simply don't feel welcome, and I'm not going to provide my contributions, such as they are, to such an environment.

Everybody knows I'm a Conservative; so what. I don't demand anybody agree with me. But when the vitriole against anything remotely associated with the beliefs I hold dear gets to the level it has over at that forum, especially when the worst of it is coming from management, then I'm out. I don't need to be told how evil, stupid, etc. I am everyday in multiple threads, then asked to cheerfully give all I can to the forum. Sorry, but that just loses all credibility with me.

It's tough enough over here being one of the tokens among so many far-Leftists, but to some extent it just goes with the territory of neijia so I really don't get on the political threads and whine. There's still plenty of anti-American and/or anti-Conservative propaganda here, but so far it hasn't reached the same unacceptable level. If it does, I'll happily dump this place as well. Till then, I'll stay put I guess. Too bad...the other forum really was a much better place in terms of features, but features don't make a good forum, they only add convenience. What makes it good is trust and friendship, and they broke both with me.
Chris McKinley

Postby Dmitri on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:23 am

Chris McKinley wrote:features don't make a good forum, they only add convenience. What makes it good is trust and friendship

Well put; couldn't agree more. 8-)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:27 am

LMAO @ Brian! ::)
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:28 am

Dmitri wrote:
Chris McKinley wrote:features don't make a good forum, they only add convenience. What makes it good is trust and friendship

Well put; couldn't agree more. 8-)

Awwww group hug! -toast- -drink-
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Plante on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:48 am

I'm with Chris on this one (even if I'm more center-left socio-democrat french canadian...), I think the politics shouldn't overshadow the first goal of this forum: martial arts... But hey, we're all human with opinions. I just keep that stuff to myself most of the time.
Like dragon, like phoenix.
Plante
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:57 am

Chris, I totally agree man. when I had "the talk" with brian and justin to decide to "break up", I honestly hoped they'd just get along fine without us. now brian acts like that psycho stalker ex-gf. it's really sad.

to make it official, none of the administration have made any spam bombs on .net or any of that bullshit on .net. We have moved on. I haven't even looked at their site in months, except when someone else directed me to see something.

-Fong
nianfong
Administrator

Postby shawnsegler on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:02 am

Even Intraweb BBS'S can haz Crazy, Stalker Ex-Girlfriends.

Sounds kind of like a Phillip K Dick novel.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic