Forget about flying!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Forget about flying!

Postby grzegorz on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:13 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Forget about flying!

Postby wiesiek on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:32 pm

I heard this horror today,
You know , our time became twisted like hell,
`cause
to many twisted shit head was born recently ,
or
due to technology, they simply have broader possibility, to make really big impression?
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:45 pm

Very sad.

Let's just hope the vetting process for access to The Big Red Nuclear Button is really, really damn good...
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:15 pm

maybe "Big " are,
but
we have some " free" -ahem, unsigned ones
+ endless modern possibility , not so flashy but deadly too.
However weapon it is not what we afraid here,
humans are...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:45 pm

According to the news the people on the plane were heard screaming, they say probably when they realized the captain was trying to break down the door to get in the cockpit.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Let's just hope the vetting process for access to The Big Red Nuclear Button is really, really damn good...

F-no. It isn't. People lie. There shouldn't be a BRNB at all. I'm not worried about AI pushing that button.

Afa the plane crash, it's too sad for words when it comes to the passengers. Though I'm sure that psychological vetting might eliminate people with obvious issues, I'm equally sure that there are too many opportunities for anyone who carries passengers to wreak havoc. Will vetting be done for bus drivers, train engineers or subway motormen for example?

Btw, I don't think there's a failsafe way for passengers to take control of a jet aircraft. If a co-pilot decides to murder the pilot, even if the passengers can get into the cockpit, what are they going to do? Still, several airlines have already changed their policies so that no one is allowed to be alone in the cockpit. It might be possible to put an air marshal on every flight and give him or her an override code, but then you have to trust the air marshal.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:42 pm

grzegorz wrote:According to the news the people on the plane were heard screaming, they say probably when they realized the captain was trying to break down the door to get in the cockpit.

Correction might be in order, I hear they haven't found the flight recorder yet so it might be speculation.

I'm hearing two different things. Perhaps in the next few days we'll have this sorted.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:58 pm

I hear dude took a break from flight training because he was battling with depression.

Just sad...
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby .Q. on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:22 pm

Dmitri wrote:Very sad.

Apparently not.
.Q.
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:54 pm

Kurt Vonnegut once wrote about a future with suicide parlors on every corner, somehow that doesn't seem like a bad idea for some.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:15 am

Steve James wrote:

F-no. It isn't. People lie. There shouldn't be a BRNB at all. I'm not worried about AI pushing that button.

Afa the plane crash, it's too sad for words when it comes to the passengers. Though I'm sure that psychological vetting might eliminate people with obvious issues, I'm equally sure that there are too many opportunities for anyone who carries passengers to wreak havoc. Will vetting be done for bus drivers, train engineers or subway motormen for example?

Btw, I don't think there's a failsafe way for passengers to take control of a jet aircraft. If a co-pilot decides to murder the pilot, even if the passengers can get into the cockpit, what are they going to do? Still, several airlines have already changed their policies so that no one is allowed to be alone in the cockpit. It might be possible to put an air marshal on every flight and give him or her an override code, but then you have to trust the air marshal.

It's a question of layers of security really, 1)pilot 2)copilot 3) air marshal- sadly an outlyer event like this is gonna happen from time to time i would guess... still though it's sad...
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Patrick on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:08 am

How idiotic. Depression rarely results in killing other people.
http://www.dhyana-fitness.at- The philosophy and practice of a healthy life
Patrick
Wuji

Postby Michael on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:18 am

Patrick wrote:How idiotic. Depression rarely results in killing other people.

Perhaps he felt the virtue of reducing such a large carbon footprint would earn him entry into the next life of utopian climate controllers, similar to the 72 virgins? If true, this would be a case of green terrorism.

WTF? Why are they even mentioning terrorism in this stupid article? Talk about jumping to conclusions.
Michael

Postby vadaga on Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:18 am

Michael wrote:

Perhaps he felt the virtue of reducing such a large carbon footprint would earn him entry into the next life of utopian climate controllers, similar to the 72 virgins? If true, this would be a case of green terrorism.

WTF? Why are they even mentioning terrorism in this stupid article? Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Perhaps they're paid bonus for every fnord they can put into their copy
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Interloper on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:39 am

Right. Someone who slaughters 150 innocents was not doing it because he wanted to end his own pain.
Pariah without peer
Interloper
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic