Forget about flying!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Forget about flying!

Postby emptycloud on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:05 am

https://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2015/03/28 ... orthiness/

the slog is covering this story in usual pernickety way..
emptycloud

Postby emptycloud on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:22 am

wiesiek wrote:you`re watching too much JB films...

I didn't know James Brown made any movies..

http://www.google.co.uk/patents/US6845302
emptycloud

Postby grzegorz on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:13 am

Yeah, conspiracy theories are usually based on the 24 hour news cycle. The way I see it you can't really a get clear picture of what has really happened until time passes then you can see which possibilities stand up under scrutiny. I believe conspiracy theorists have the right idea of questioning information the problem is they then sometimes jump to wild conclusions that aren't based on clear evidence yet even once those are disproven and outdated once new information comes to light they often cling to them like a religion using a different set of standards on their theories than the information coming from the mass media.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:59 am

emptycloud wrote:https://hat4uk.wordpress.com/2015/03/28/airbus-contrarian-view-did-andreas-lubitz-have-doubts-about-the-a320s-airworthiness/

the slog is covering this story in usual pernickety way..

By the way, I just heard on the news that the girlfriend broke up with the co-pilot the day before which would explain why they were still living together. In that article is was asking why anyone would still be living with their X suggesting that a cover up was happening.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:12 am

What a nightmare.

With this following the Malaysian Airlines mystery, and all the theories about that being down to the pilot or co-pilot, I suspect we will soon be hearing about new oversight systems for cockpits. Clearly, having two pilots - one who periodically leaves the cockpit to relieve springs or to pinch the rump of that attractive new flight attendant - in the cockpit is simply not enough.

Hence, I foresee a job description:

Do you enjoy international travel?
Are you seeking a position of great responsibility?
Do you have a cool head and a strong prostrate?
Are you a blue belt (or above) in BJJ?

If so, we have good news! For a prestigious new international position with a major international airline, you don't need any special flight skills! You only need to be able to:
(1) Control your bowels on long-haul flights without stepping outside the cockpit;
(2) Apply a chokehold to any pilot or co-pilot who suddenly goes bat-shit crazy and tries to crash the plane; and
(3) Correctly push the button marked "auto pilot" (not "ejector seat") following just such a crisis.
Interested? Call ADD AIRLINE HERE to interview for the new job of "cockpit monitor."

Of course, the cost of this new position will be borne by the long-suffering passenger.

But I do think that this will be an appropriate fix - until a monitor, depressed after losing his girlfriend (or perhaps his last BJJ tourney) chokes out both pilots, grabs the controls, and pushes the stick forward.

Though I suppose to guard against that possibility, there could also be a "cockpit monitor overseer" who has the same qualifications as the monitor, but the duty only to oversee the monitor. And a higher grade in BJJ.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:35 am

@ empty.- James too, but Bond is not Brown ... ;)
Brown could funk-out shithead at once!, would work a lot better than anti-hijack electric gizmo .

to sum it up, in the light of today news : shithead sent Capitan to the toilet, lock the cockpit door, and set the fly for crash course...
Geee, evidently too much prozac in drinkin` water...
I`m not sure about BJJ course for flying staff.
I vote for big carrots, mounted under the pilot and co pilot seats.
It could periodically kicking inn, in the case of danger...
Last edited by wiesiek on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:40 am

ps
amazing news /if it is truth/
pilots don`t have any periodically conducted psychological tests,
strange, but bus driver has...???
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby chud on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:27 am

Andy_S wrote:
With this following the Malaysian Airlines mystery, and all the theories about that being down to the pilot or co-pilot, I suspect we will soon be hearing about new oversight systems for cockpits. Clearly, having two pilots - one who periodically leaves the cockpit to relieve springs or to pinch the rump of that attractive new flight attendant - in the cockpit is simply not enough.

Hence, I foresee a job description:

Do you enjoy international travel?
Are you seeking a position of great responsibility?
Do you have a cool head and a strong prostrate?
Are you a blue belt (or above) in BJJ?

If so, we have good news! For a prestigious new international position with a major international airline, you don't need any special flight skills! You only need to be able to:
(1) Control your bowels on long-haul flights without stepping outside the cockpit;
(2) Apply a chokehold to any pilot or co-pilot who suddenly goes bat-shit crazy and tries to crash the plane; and
(3) Correctly push the button marked "auto pilot" (not "ejector seat") following just such a crisis.
Interested? Call ADD AIRLINE HERE to interview for the new job of "cockpit monitor."

Of course, the cost of this new position will be borne by the long-suffering passenger.

But I do think that this will be an appropriate fix - until a monitor, depressed after losing his girlfriend (or perhaps his last BJJ tourney) chokes out both pilots, grabs the controls, and pushes the stick forward.

Though I suppose to guard against that possibility, there could also be a "cockpit monitor overseer" who has the same qualifications as the monitor, but the duty only to oversee the monitor. And a higher grade in BJJ.

In the USA, there must be 2 people in the cockpit at all times, if the pilot or copilot has to leave to go to the restroom, a flight attendant would have to go into the cockpit while they're gone. Sadly, that rule is not in place in Europe.
chud
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:38 am

this procedure /two person in the cockpit, always!/, make it only one step harder, but no impossible.
Even full automatic overriding of the plane electronic is not enough for willing human...
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:39 pm

The second person in the cockpit rule isn't to prevent a pilot from sabotaging the plane or flight. An attendant couldn't prevent a pilot from doing so. Even another pilot wouldn't be able to stop a determined co-pilot. That's already been shown because it's already happened. The co-pilot just shut off the engines: (this happened on an Egypt Air flight). The assumption always has been that the pilot wants to get home safely just as much as the passengers. So, although they're going to initiate the rule, it's not going to improve flight safety much at all. In this case, it might have helped if someone else had been in the cabin to open the door. But, taking care of an attendant wouldn't be that difficult either --and who says that the attendant isn't the one to be worried about?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Steve James wrote:--and who says that the attendant isn't the one to be worried about?

Perky people don't commit mass suicide?
Michael

Postby Andy_S on Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:19 pm

SNIP
Perky people don't commit mass suicide?
SNIP

Back in the simpler, carefree days of yore, it used to be the case that one worried about terrorists on flights.

Now you have to worry about whether the pilot or co-pilot has been ditched by his bird, is feeling depressed, etc.

Public transport is a dangerous things, so it's back to his bicycle for this boy.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:53 pm

Hong Kong Airlines is already ahead of the pack by teaching all of its flight attendants wing chun (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... staff.html). Don't let their lithe bodies or apparent lack of muscle fool you! I'll bet they have installed wooden dummies in the back of the planes already by now.

They should keep 3-4 of them in the cockpit at all times.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby fuga on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:00 pm

Google driverless plane?

Just add wings.
fuga
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:58 am

grzegorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic