Meeting Dan Harden

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Meeting Dan Harden

Postby wiesiek on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:08 am

PS
when and where exactly in the Spain , Dan?
if I may ask.
/just read 2nd page/
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:20 am

Sorry... ;D

Last edited by GrahamB on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:49 am

:D
10 points !
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Bao on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:48 am

cdobe wrote: It really makes you look like a dick, Bao, making this thread about you and your attitude, rather than Jaime's personal experience. It is not unlinke members announcing other important occurrences in their lives. This is a place to say: 'Hey Jaime, that sounds great. I am happy for you. Thank you for sharing that.'

You are absolutely right, thanks. The post didn't sound well. Too negative. I just wrote the post fast and in a hurry without really thinking about how it sounded. There was really no bad intention behind it, like being negative of the poster or wanting taking over the show. More a sort of dry humor-ish way of questioning things. Well, I am trying to not write too much when I'm in a hurry. Sometimes I forget... :-\

And I am happy for Jamie. And you. All too often people attend seminars with the feeling they really didn't get too much out of it. But if it leads somewhere and you get inspiration, that's great.

So my apologies to Jamie and you, and I do understand how my post was perceived.
And thanks Jamie for the few comments on the seminar, brief, but it means a lot.

I also think that it is very hypocritical of you to demand from Dan and his students to provide videos and detailed outlines of what is practiced, while you yourself refuse to do so. I remember how you have praised the skills of your teacher in the past on several occasions, as well as pointing out the fantastic results your own student achieved by using your methods, without providing any how-tos or videos. You are also not shy to present your opinions on this forum in very certain terms, without feeling the need back up what you are posting.

You do have a good point that I don't publish vids here, sure. But I do provide a lot of detailed instructions for methods that I know and practice, some quite advanced, which is not what you can say of Mr Harden and people attending his classes. Though I understand that these seminars is a part of his living, so I do have . I have shared things here (Just one recent example I can thing of: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23336&p=392813&#p392800), on my blog (This for instance have some important keys on what exactly is called "natural movements" in tai chi and how to practice "it": https://taichithoughts.wordpress.com/20 ... enatal-qi/ ) and also, I have always replied with detailed answers on any PM. On demand from P.M.s I have also shown the few recordings I have on myself. So saying something that I am hiding or that I have no intent to back up my big mouth is just... well ... plain false. If you think that my shit is fake or that I suck is one thing, but I do whatever I can to share whatever I can share. So please, any questions or anything you have to say, just P.M. me....

Peace,
David

... Good one Graham ... :)
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby AlexF on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi Bao
Respect for coming back to the thread and addressing your previous post sounding negative. Regarding people who attend Dan's seminars not sharing openly on here. History shows it never seems to go well for a variety of reasons. A lot of discussions, questions answered etc are had via PM.
Take care
Alex
AlexF
Santi

Postby Bodywork on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:50 am

Bao wrote:
cdobe wrote: It really makes you look like a dick, Bao, making this thread about you and your attitude, rather than Jaime's personal experience. It is not unlinke members announcing other important occurrences in their lives. This is a place to say: 'Hey Jaime, that sounds great. I am happy for you. Thank you for sharing that.'

You are absolutely right, thanks. The post didn't sound well. Too negative. I just wrote the post fast and in a hurry without really thinking about how it sounded. There was really no bad intention behind it, like being negative of the poster or wanting taking over the show. More a sort of dry humor-ish way of questioning things. Well, I am trying to not write too much when I'm in a hurry. Sometimes I forget... :-\

And I am happy for Jamie. And you. All too often people attend seminars with the feeling they really didn't get too much out of it. But if it leads somewhere and you get inspiration, that's great.

So my apologies to Jamie and you, and I do understand how my post was perceived.
And thanks Jamie for the few comments on the seminar, brief, but it means a lot.

I also think that it is very hypocritical of you to demand from Dan and his students to provide videos and detailed outlines of what is practiced, while you yourself refuse to do so. I remember how you have praised the skills of your teacher in the past on several occasions, as well as pointing out the fantastic results your own student achieved by using your methods, without providing any how-tos or videos. You are also not shy to present your opinions on this forum in very certain terms, without feeling the need back up what you are posting.

You do have a good point that I don't publish vids here, sure. But I do provide a lot of detailed instructions for methods that I know and practice, some quite advanced, which is not what you can say of Mr Harden and people attending his classes. Though I understand that these seminars is a part of his living, so I do have . I have shared things here (Just one recent example I can thing of: http://www.rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic. ... 3&#p392800), on my blog (This for instance have some important keys on what exactly is called "natural movements" in tai chi and how to practice "it": https://taichithoughts.wordpress.com/20 ... enatal-qi/ ) and also, I have always replied with detailed answers on any PM. On demand from P.M.s I have also shown the few recordings I have on myself. So saying something that I am hiding or that I have no intent to back up my big mouth is just... well ... plain false. If you think that my shit is fake or that I suck is one thing, but I do whatever I can to share whatever I can share. So please, any questions or anything you have to say, just P.M. me....

Peace,
David

... Good one Graham ... :)

David
Thank you for a reasonable and polite response. I can understand the frustration, but as others have pointed out, I have written details here in the past. Often met by crickets, other times by anger. That doesn't exactly encourage more dialogue does it. In either event internet discussion serves little purpose other than to point to guys who might be worth meeting. This stuff is hard to do and understand, but one-to-one, in person, it at least separates the bullshitters from the doers. Then frequently...shop talk follows. I've lost track of the guys I have met and we end up having a blast sharing notes and approaches.
Anyway. Thanks for popping back in to present a reasonable counter point.
Bodywork

Postby Bao on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:52 pm

Bodywork wrote:David
Thank you for a reasonable and polite response. I can understand the frustration, but as others have pointed out, I have written details here in the past. Often met by crickets, other times by anger. That doesn't exactly encourage more dialogue does it. In either event internet discussion serves little purpose other than to point to guys who might be worth meeting. This stuff is hard to do and understand, but one-to-one, in person, it at least separates the bullshitters from the doers. Then frequently...shop talk follows. I've lost track of the guys I have met and we end up having a blast sharing notes and approaches.
Anyway. Thanks for popping back in to present a reasonable counter point.

Thanks Dan,
I appreciate your reply and that you answer to my questions. Yes, I can understand reasons for not repeating things or going into details. And sure, I do understand that some exercises can be very hard to explain or would need some background. Anyway, enough for now. Maybe I will return with one or two questions when I am less busy and can verbalize my thoughts more clearly. But then I think that I'll put it in a P.M.

Kind regards,
David
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic