SaAm acupuncture

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

SaAm acupuncture

Postby neijia_boxer on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Last edited by neijia_boxer on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neijia_boxer

Re: SaAm acupuncture

Postby Bill on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:09 pm

Do I need to eat green eggs and ham for it to work?
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby DiaitaDoc on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:44 pm

Bill wrote:Do I need to eat green eggs and ham for it to work?

Only on Sundays.
DiaitaDoc
Anjing

Postby neijia_boxer on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:37 pm

It not opening? Opens for me.
neijia_boxer

Postby Bill on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:54 pm

It opens fine, I was attempting a lame joke. You would have to be a Doctor Seuss fan to get it.

On to the topic. I like its early history but i find it difficult to beleive that he was enlightened through long years of meditation and re-discovered it.
That being said, if he can heal with it, great ! The proof is in the pudding.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby kenneth fish on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:28 pm

One of their offices is in the same office park as mine. The only thing exceptional about them is their claim to exceptionalism.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:49 pm

Well, at least they are exceptional, then! :D
edededed
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Korean acupuncture, like TKD, is a work in progress. There are some interesting developments that have worked just as Japanese version of acupuncture (same Chinese roots) have evolved to what it is today. One chooses what the heart says as long as it works on the depths of sickness and ill health.
I realize that Korean acupuncture has become so due to its hagiographic marketing on origin but like all things, see the benefit and if none then so be it!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby edededed on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:49 am

Both Japanese and Korean traditional Chinese medicine seem to have diverged a bit on their own (Japan has their "belly diagnosis," Korea has their golden acupuncture needles that they break off and leave inside the body, etc.). I'd love to hear what the consensus is about these compared to the Chinese stuff.

In Japan, I've talked to quite a few people who scoff about the Japanese and Korean variants - but they were trained in the Chinese way first of all. (To practice in Japan, you need to graduate in the Japanese system as well, it seems.)
edededed
Great Old One

Postby SteveR on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:13 am

There is also a divergence within Chinese medicine. The two main divisions being the Traditional and Classical styles, then the sub divisions within those.

I often use the intradermal needles as an adjunct to a regular treatment. I've not come across the Korean method, but have seen a similar practice in a Japanese system.

Ultimately I think the effectiveness of any system has more to do with the practitioner than the style.
Do The Right Thing At The Right Time - Suwen

http://www.fractalacupuncture.com/.
SteveR
Santi

Postby neijia_boxer on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:55 pm

The Koreans have had unimpeded and uninterrupted history of traditional medicine way beyond China who has way to much interruptions in it traditional medical history. Case in point: Qin dynasty, Qing dynasty, Communist Revolution, and Cultural Revolution. Korea, Taiwan, Japan, even Malaysia, etc. that was pre communist hold much more info than the mainland.
neijia_boxer

Postby kenneth fish on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:07 pm

Matt - that is not factually correct. The Korean states have had an almost constant history of turmoil and warfare going back to the days of the Mongols. Korea was periodically a vassal state of China, and much of what passes for "Korean" culture is a blend of Chinese, Japanese, and Mongol influences. Over the past 50 or so years there has been a push, both officially and popularly, to "back-date" Korean culture and acheivements (or make them up out of whole cloth) in an effort to bolster national pride - I would take any claims to "authenticity" or "ancient tradition" with more than a grain of salt. "Traditional medicine" in Korea was almost non-existant in the 1970's (as compared to Hong Kong and Taiwan). Much of what is being claimed as "traditional Korean medicine" is of recent manufacture and import.
Last edited by kenneth fish on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:39 am

thanks for the feedback. appreciated.

I'm talking about unimpeded in terms of banning traditional medicine. The Qin dynasty "burned the books" and killed the scholars, which Mao did in his cultural revolution. Qing dynasty banned it with making Chinese doctors learn western medicine to try to catch up with the world. While I agree that the Koreans is a blend a Chinese, Japanese and Mongol culture, they would not argue that as well. What I am talking about is TCM schools in Korea that say they have not been banned to stop traditional medicine in the way China has with it's history of getting banned since Han dynasty. Some Korean schools claim they have studied deeply the Huang di Nei Jing since Han dynasty. And yes i do take it with a grain of salt, as my first teacher was from Taiwan and from a lineage of doctors.
neijia_boxer

Postby kenneth fish on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Traditional Chinese medicine basically died from neglect in Korea - and the Koreans were very eager to embrace Western medicine when it was introduced under the Japanese. Bear in mind that Korea was under Japanese rule from 1876 until the end of WWII - nothing was taught that the Japanese did not approve of. Even after the war, it did not really come back in any meaningful way. It is only over the past 20 years that there has been a "revival" of "traditional Korean medicine' - and as I said, it is of recent manufacture, with a view towards "spreading the gospel" for financial reasons - not unlike Tai Kwondo.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:38 pm

I've gotten some pretty good results from Korean hand acupuncture in a deployed setting. I can't say how old the system is, just that it works fairly well. Added bonus, you can treat yourself with it if you don't mind stabbing yourself in the hand 20 or so times per session...
Peacedog
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic