Political Predictions

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Political Predictions

Postby JessOBrien on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:37 am

I stay away from political threads here on eF. Too painful.

But I can see that there are many interested and intelligent folks who enjoy politics.

I'd like to see the most vocal post their predictions of where America will be in 4 years after this election.

Then we can come back and look at these predictions to see who was a total fucking idiot and who was a far seeing genius.

I imagine that most comments will be sarcastic, but if any of you who have been voicing strong, serious opinions want to go on the record, let's see you do it.

-Jess O
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Re: Political Predictions

Postby Gary on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:06 pm

Ron Paul leads the second Boston Tea Party and usurps the throne of the US and abolishes all federal institutions. The South rises again and secedes into The Confederate States of America. Most people are still morons. Everyone keeps on keeping on.
Gary
Santi

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Aliens land and the anal probing begins, Cows come to our rescue en masse and we all have b-b-q aliens for breakfast and talk about what a fucked up night that was!
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby C-Hopkins on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:05 pm

John McCains Goiter will attempt to detatch itself and overthrow Barack Obama's new Administration.

John McCain will return to Vietnam to hunt down the villagers who beat the shit out of him after he crashed.

He Will Not Return.

And Cindy McCain will continue to bang Jose the spanish pool boy.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby Pat on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:10 pm

in all seriousness- Rove changed my views on what is possible in our elections.

they had their shot to DC lined up when W was running for Governor of Texas. and they knew they would get it. it was scary.

all bets are off, in my opinion.
Just Let Your Soul Glo!!!
Pat
Anjing

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:14 pm

sarah Palin scared me last night with her Darth Vader speech aobut shutting down NBC for making fun of her.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby JessOBrien on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:26 pm

I'm just curious, there were some posters speaking with vehemence and authority, throwing around big words, saying that Obama is this or that and is going to do this or that, and the economy is going to do this or that.

Where'd they go when it's time to make a sincere prediction? If they are so knowledgeable about politics and economics then let's see it here and now.

What is America going to be like 4 years into the Obama presidency?

-Jess O
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Postby count on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:46 pm

JessOBrien wrote:I'm just curious, there were some posters speaking with vehemence and authority, throwing around big words, saying that Obama is this or that and is going to do this or that, and the economy is going to do this or that.

Where'd they go when it's time to make a sincere prediction? If they are so knowledgeable about politics and economics then let's see it here and now.

-Jess O

Unless you have a prediction of your own, your just talking smack.

I'm more of a vocal anti-Macain speaking poster than an Obama authority, but I'd predict in 4 years if Obama is still president, the supreme court might be fixed and balanced for another 25 years. Hopefullly our troops could come home or at least be at less risk.

Under McCain, not so much. I guess we'll know soon.
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:52 pm

Gary wrote:[...] Most people are still morons. Everyone keeps on keeping on.

I said before, but I think it was back a couple iterations in Emptyflower's strange reincarnations, that the reason democracy works the way it does is that half the people are of below average intelligence.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:56 pm

There's only so much a president can do.

If Obama is elected I believe he'll start a program so a lot of people who don't have and can't afford health care will have something.

I also believe he will restore our international reputation by not engaging in wars based on lies.

I realize some Americans don't give a rat's ass what the world thinks, but you have to remember that's why things like 9-11 happen in the first place.
CaliG

Postby C-Hopkins on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:56 pm

JessOBrien wrote:I'm just curious, there were some posters speaking with vehemence and authority, throwing around big words, saying that Obama is this or that and is going to do this or that, and the economy is going to do this or that.

-Jess O

Well, I personally have been predicting since BEFORE Obama even decided to run that he'd run, win the nomination, and then go on to win the election.

I stand behind that, and furthermore, I predict a landslide.

If I'm wrong, I'll say I was wrong. I'm 2 for 2 so far though.
Last edited by C-Hopkins on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby Steve James on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:57 pm

Change is inevitable. And, there's always the butterfly effect.
One thing for sure. There'll be another election in four years.
If McCain wins, Sarah Palin will be campaigning for president.
If McCain loses, she will try to stay in the national spotlight, from Alaska.
Israel will do what it wants, and so will Russia.
The Iraqi government will probably be in a crisis of some form and will need/request external aid. Since, no matter whose timetable is followed/not followed, the general agreement today is that 2011 is the expected date or withdrawal.
I wouldn't guess on where the Dow will be or on the price of gold. The market likes political stability, or tends to.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:01 pm

I will have somewhat more to say when the winners are apparent, but I think I have set the theme for my message...WTF-ever it turns out to be.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby meeks on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:56 pm

I think the calendar years will change - instead of this being 2008 A.D, it'll be 1 B.O. (Before Obama)
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Formosa Neijia on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:00 pm

-Jess O

You missed it. They all got banned while Obama's supporters were allowed to stay. See what you get for not looking at the political threads? :)

Dave C.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic