Political Predictions

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Political Predictions

Postby C-Hopkins on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:50 pm

And Obama Wins by Landslide...

3 for 3 !!
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby klonk on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Yes. Well, now that the result is clear, you will have to dance with the girl you brung. Obama campained on one word, change, change, change, but when pressed for particulars, it was just the same old tax and spend. Plus c,a change...

But Obama's victory at least removes one unfortunate feature from American life. I encountered it very early, this was the whining negro. "The Army isn't FAIR!" Well, I said, go whine your bitchy ass at Colin Powell, then a prominent officer, later Secretary of State. Take it to the Supreme Court, maybe Justice Thomas will take up your brief.

Any asshole who says, America is a racist country, go remember the MAJORITY OF WHITE FOLKS went and voted for Obama.

And don't blame all black folks if he turns out like I think.
Last edited by klonk on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby C-Hopkins on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:36 pm

Wow. That was...

Special.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby JessOBrien on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:20 pm

So Klonk,
We are getting some idea of what you are all about...
But leaving that all aside,
Care to let us know your predictions of what this tax and spend Democrat is going to do to America?
Will employment rate go up?
Inflation?
Stock market?
Real wages?
Gas prices?
US Army Soldiers killed?
Oil executives bonuses?
Dollar vs Euro?
US govt borrowing money from Red China?

That goes for all other Obama haters/likers. Let's see if your predictions come true. Be accountable, let's see if you are still singing the same tune a few years from now.
JessOBrien
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:24 pm

Obama in his third movie lethal weapon style against jet li.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:44 pm

As I don't believe that CO2 is a significant cause of global warming I think his policies on this will be a disaster. The cost of all forms of energy will go through the roof.
He's going to tax companies that output CO2 and those companies aren't going to lose profits because they will do what businesses always do, pass the costs on to us.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby CaliG on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:52 pm

JessOBrien wrote:That goes for all other Obama haters/likers. Let's see if your predictions come true. Be accountable, let's see if you are still singing the same tune a few years from now.

I thought we were just discussing what could happen. No one can control the world and decide what will happen under a new president until they start running things.

I'm not a kool-aid drinker or a dreamer, I'm a realist.

I don't think Obama is going to fix everything, but I do think he's more likely to avoid un-necessary wars, will help the poor and elderly get medicine and will reduce the national debt. I can't really ask for more than that.

As far as the economy I don't believe the US will be the world leader. Simply because we don't make things here anymore we just have service industries and there's no reason why those jobs would have to stay within one border.
Last edited by CaliG on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CaliG

Postby klonk on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:49 am

JessOBrien wrote:So Klonk,
We are getting some idea of what you are all about...
But leaving that all aside,
Care to let us know your predictions of what this tax and spend Democrat is going to do to America?
Will employment rate go up?
Inflation?
Stock market?
Real wages?
Gas prices?
US Army Soldiers killed?
Oil executives bonuses?
Dollar vs Euro?
US govt borrowing money from Red China?

That goes for all other Obama haters/likers. Let's see if your predictions come true. Be accountable, let's see if you are still singing the same tune a few years from now.

Jimmy Carter in blackface. Clear enough?
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby internalenthusiast on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:24 am

"Yes. Well, now that the result is clear, you will have to dance with the girl you brung. Obama campained on one word, change, change, change, but when pressed for particulars, it was just the same old tax and spend. Plus c,a change...

But Obama's victory at least removes one unfortunate feature from American life. I encountered it very early, this was the whining negro."

"Jimmy Carter in blackface. Clear enough?"

hi klonk,

i agree with your estimation that we must now dance with the girl we brung. obama has been handed a disaster. i don't know that anyone can make this better in a short or even long period. i don't know if he can succeed. i don't know if anyone could. i hope so.

i'm not sure what to make of your statement about "the whining negro." i can say that my mother took me on marches with martin luther king, and that i feel that was an important part of my formative years. and i am glad she did.

yes, sometimes people "whine", but that hardly seems to me to encapsulate the truth of the situation, overall. i for one, am proud of my country, that we can elect a black/african-american president. incidentally, he has seemed composed and dignified to me, not "whining".

"jimmy carter in blackface": again i'm not sure what you mean, other than perhaps an insult.

there are no simple answers. and i understand, and can sympathize with your frustration. i would feel the same, if i believed obama was the lesser candidate.

if as i might assume, you are concerned about the future...i'd agree, it's very difficult. no one knows, or accurately professes to know, the difficulties we are in economically, or politically. i don't know if obama can "save us".

at the same time, to progress an inch in the direction of fairness to people, beats a mile in the wrong direction.

my best to all my countrymen and countrywomen...
Last edited by internalenthusiast on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
internalenthusiast
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:14 am

All I really meant, gentlemen, is that the next time some fellow pulls on me the tired old bullshit about racist America, I will merely say.

Tigger, please.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:14 am

Here's what he said about pot....

"I think that we need to rethink and decriminalize our marijuana laws. But I'm not somebody who believes in legalization of marijuana. What I do believe is that we need to rethink how we are operating in the drug wars, and I think that currently we are not doing a good job."
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:42 am

I have peered carefully into the above statement, and it appears to say nothing at all!
I voted against Obama in the electin, but my reason was not what people thought. I could not, on my life, vote for a Harvard man.

It is as simple as that.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby C-Hopkins on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:13 am

I think Obama's first 2 years will be rough- the reason being is that next year we'll see the impact that the financial crisis has had in earnest.

2010 will be a bit better because the fixes that have been enacted in 2009 will begin to present more and more, and I believe by 2012 we'll be well on the way to a positive return.

I believe that there has allready been an immidiate positive impact globally, and I think that right away there will be renewed relations with many old allies who want us to be what we once were. Europe, Asia, ETC.

That will continue.

Though it will take some time, I belive that we'll be restored to a position of power in the world, and we will again be prosperous.

There will also be bumps along the way... Potentially Iran, but if this happens Obama will deal with it with the world by it's side, and not in the unilateral fashion that Bush used.

I can't really think of anything else right now.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby Michael on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:35 am

The Jimmy Carter reference is appropos 100%.
Last edited by Michael on Sun May 27, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:57 am

Wow, talk about whining. But, as far as America being racist, the first thing I'd ask is if we're talking about today, 10 years ago, 25 years ago, 50 years ago? But, even then, I'd say, "America" is an idea that has never been racist. People have been bigoted ("racist") and, for the foreseeable future, America will have continue to have its share.

As for white people voting for Obama, it's true. But, the majority of young people, Latinos (in California and Florida and New York) and, let's not forget, women, voted for him. Together, they were the majority.

As for Carter, he came in on the heels of the Vietnam War, Watergate (i.e., complete government corruption) scandal and Gerald Ford. If anyone had a "conspiracy", it was the guy who preceded Ford. The one who instituted (with Hoover) the "counter-intelligence program", which targeted specific groups of people. "Carter in blackface" is funny, since he was the Governor of GA. And, whatever you think of him, he had a certain amount of success in the ME, and he has done a lot of humanitarian work since he left office.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic