Political Predictions

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Political Predictions

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:31 am

I think Obama will try to pass some of his policies he ran on. They will get watered down in congress (i sure hope), and there will not be any "change" on a truly significant level. Taxes will increase, its inevitable but with the heavy progressive taxation Obama favors it will not be nice to the economy. Job growth is going to keep slowing and the government spending will increase. There will probably be a good sized increase in social programs. Social Security will become worse off, fannie mae and freddie mac will return with a renewed vigor in controlling the economy. Four years won't be long enough for the markets to right themselves. Hopefully Obama doesn't try to ban guns or anything stupid like that.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby C-Hopkins on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:36 am

Marl my words, and mark them well:

Obama is no Carter.

Watch!
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby klonk on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:36 pm

The era of race card politics ended last night. That is the best and lasting accomplishment of Obama, and he hasn't even taken office yet. He's the Jackie Robinson of politics.

As for what he will do in office, it's totally predictable, the man has no ideas that are not out of the left wing playbook, and his soi-disant change change change is just a shopping list of old tired ideas. He will grow the government. He swears he will not raise your taxes; he will let Congress do that instead. Or maybe he'll just up the tax rates on the businesses you work for, and those on which you rely for essential goods and services...which might as well be a tax hike on you personally.

Stagnation and malaise.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic