OBAMA WINS!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

OBAMA WINS!

Postby C-Hopkins on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:05 pm

YES!!!
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Re: OBAMA WINS!

Postby Wuyizidi on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:25 pm

What an incredibly dignified and gracious speech from John McCain! You can tell, unlike what we've seen in the campaign, this is the real John McCain - speaking naturally, directly, of highest beliefs he feels with every fiber of being. This is John McCain at his best, the John McCain of pre-20001, a great American that deserves our deepest respect. Maybe the current makeup of Republican party makes that impossible, but if he were able to be that person in this campaign, the outcome might have been very different. In the end, John McCain was a much better man than his campaign.

This has been a long and bitter campaign, where one can't help but feel animosity toward his opponents. Tonight, with the campaign finally over, with this speech, all that animosity is gone, at least for me.

Tonight I am proud of Barack Obama, of John McCain, and of a country that can produce both these men.

Wuyizidi
Last edited by Wuyizidi on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 10 times in total.
勤学,苦练, 慎思, 明辨。
心与境寂,道随悟深。

http://internalmartialart.wordpress.com/
Wuyizidi
Great Old One

Postby Muad'dib on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:27 pm

I was damn close to voting McCain up until Palin. McCain has always been a man worthy of respect.

I just watched McCain's speech. A class act.
Last edited by Muad'dib on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am no longer allowed to make statements regarding international politics in a public forum.
Muad'dib
Great Old One

Postby Kevin_Wallbridge on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:31 pm

I agree about McCain. A heartfelt salute to him. If he had won the primary in 2001 it would be a different world. Maybe not better, but certainly different.

Congrats my southern friends.... and good luck.
拳中龙象本能之学
Kevin_Wallbridge
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:33 pm

I agree. His handlers misplayed him and tried to turn him into something he's not. I think that many people in the country voted against the old Rovian politics. As far as the Republican Party, it will change, not in terms of conservatism, but in terms of how it reaches out to people. It's significant that the Reps are losing so many seats. They attempted to scare people out of it, but I think there was a reaction against it.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:41 pm

Steve James wrote: As far as the Republican Party, it will change, not in terms of conservatism, but in terms of how it reaches out to people. It's significant that the Reps are losing so many seats. They attempted to scare people out of it, but I think there was a reaction against it.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I hope the lesson will be learned but you never know. Being so out of power may embolden the very people that caused the defeat to retain power. It happened after the recent election here in Taiwan with the DPP and it could happen with the Republicans, as well.

Dave C.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby Pat on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:49 pm

a great song. i was listening to it on my local public radio station today. i thought it makes a good clip for this.

Last edited by Pat on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just Let Your Soul Glo!!!
Pat
Anjing

Postby bigphatwong on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:51 pm

Outstanding! He has our gratitude. 8-)
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:53 pm

Wow! I can't believe it!
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:58 pm

Formosa Neijia wrote:I wouldn't be so sure of that. I hope the lesson will be learned but you never know. Being so out of power may embolden the very people that caused the defeat to retain power. It happened after the recent election here in Taiwan with the DPP and it could happen with the Republicans, as well.Dave C.

Ya know, Dave, after I wrote that, I thought to myself that I should consider the alternative. However, I look at it like this. So many different types of people voted for Democrats because the party has seemed to embrace them, or at least want their support. Unfortunately, the Repub campaign seemed to narrow itself, even by emphasizing its "base." I don't think it's possible, especially given the changing demographics of this country, for a party to survive without being diverse as the votership.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:05 pm

My contribution, not as good as Teddy, but appropriate, imho.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby zenshiite on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:05 pm

I'm stoked, I really am. Let's hope Obama gets to work on repairing the Bush admin's damage now.
"The powers that be don't give a shit!" - Raybeez RIP
zenshiite
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:53 pm

I can't feel my face.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:34 am

If the rest of the world will allow me to speak for them for a moment, we'd just like to say thank you to America. And really, really, thank you for not letting Palin anywhere near the White House...
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby nianfong on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:01 am

BARACK AND ROLLLLLL BABBYYYYY!!!!!!
YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER, WHEN CHANGE FINALLY CAME DOWN
(barack made his acceptance speech at midnight, 11/5)

McCain had a very classy speech. too bad his supporters were such dicks. booing the mentioning of obama and biden.
And Obama graciously spoke of mccain in his speech too.
nianfong
Administrator

Next

Return to Off the Topic