McCain's Reaction...

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

McCain's Reaction...

Postby Andy_S on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:58 am

Oh! Bummer!
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Re: McCain's Reaction...

Postby Ian on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:03 am

you mean the redneck jeering from the crowd?

months of calling obama a "one-man terrorist cell" probably had something to do with it.
Ian

Postby count on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:30 am

He must have been thinking, Damn, I lost to George Bush again. And he wasn't even running.
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:25 am

count wrote:He must have been thinking, Damn, I lost to George Bush again. And he wasn't even running.

QFT!!!
Chris Fleming

Postby Bär on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:01 am

He looked greatly relieved during his speech. The end of the campaigning was surely the main reason, but I can't help but think that he wasn't up to the task of this job anymore and he knew it.
Bär
Great Old One

Postby tastydurian on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:23 am

I liked his line "the failure is mine and not yours", which I respected greatly.
tastydurian
Anjing

Postby steelincotton on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:30 am

I respect McCain's service to his country, and he was very humble last night. That's the guy he should had been during the last two years, and he may have beaten Obama. But, no. Instead, they decided to go along with the usual Karl Rove swiftboat and guilt-by-association games that so many American are so sick and tired of. But, his biggest downfall of all was his unvetted selection of Sarah Palin, which will probably go down in history as one of the biggest election blunders of all time imho.
steelincotton
Huajing

Postby meeks on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:39 pm

steelincotton - qft. well said. That was a McCain I'd never seen before and if he'd portrayed himself with the same maturity and openness as he did during his concession speech it might have been a different vote (at least a lot closer in the electoral college...)
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Steve James on Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:00 pm

I think he made a lot of friends last night. I wouldn't be surprised if Obama tried to recruit him, at least to specifically try to work with him. McCain is, for the time, the leader of the Republicans.

I can't speak for anyone else, but the negativity of his campaign turned me against him the same way I turned away from Hillary. Obama didn't begin being the frontrunner; the attacks made him one.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic