Carolina

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Carolina

Postby Teazer on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:21 pm

Steve James wrote: I just wonder why there's this thing about attacking churches.

it's probably a "Tradition" thing.
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:29 pm

A friend of mine wanted to bet me about whether the next "terrorist" attack in the U.S. would be by an alleged Muslim or Christian.

kinda hard to say since the media and the gov, never seem to come out and call it as such.

On November 5, 2009, a mass murder took place at Fort Hood, near Killeen, Texas.[1] Nidal Malik Hasan, a U.S. Army major and psychiatrist, fatally shot 13 people and injured more than 30 others.[2][3] The shooting produced more casualties than any other on an American military base.[4][5] Several individuals, including Senator Joe Lieberman,[6] General Barry McCaffrey,[7] and others have called the event a terrorist attack.[8][9] The United States Department of Defense and federal law enforcement agencies have classified the shootings as an act of workplace violence.[10]

yep work place violence, that'll work ;)
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:58 pm

I just heard that there are reports of black churches are being attacked in the South again.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015 ... /29516267/
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:16 am

Well, it's easy to call the base shooting a terrorist attack because the attacker was Muslim. It probably should be classified as a terrorist attack because of Nadal's motivation. Now, he was allegedly upset about several things. He wasn't a jihadist. He was passed off at the Army. Anyway, it's the Pentagon that won't call it a terror attack, not the media or most people.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:21 am

Btw, there was another shooting at the same base last year. It was not called a terrorist attack either. Iirc, his name was Lopez.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Teazer wrote:
Steve James wrote: I just wonder why there's this thing about attacking churches.

it's probably a "Tradition" thing.

must be, couldnt be anything else

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Federal law enforcement officials have found no links among any of several recent fires at African American churches in the U.S. South and have determined that two were started by natural causes and one was due to an electrical fire.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-probe-sees-no-l ... 59007.html
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Well, if you're arguing that there's no "tradition" of burning churches, that'd be obviously wrong. We've gone through these church burnings before. Now, afa the recent (7?) church fires, the feds didn't find any links between them --meaning that they didn't find any connections, as in an individual or group being responsible for (all of) them. And, according to the article "two were started by natural causes and one was due to an electrical fire." Of course, that leaves four others. They could all be accidents. They could all be arson --by persons unknown, even by people who attend those churches. None of those scenarios are unbelievable, imo. But, let's face it. The only reason we're discussing this is because a guy went into a church (that had been torched before) and shot 9 people he didn't know, the old and the young, and left one alive just to tell the tale. So, it's not hard at all for me to believe that there are those who'd just burn down churches for the same reason that the guy shot those people. If the feds find out that all these fires were just accidents, that won't change anything. It is very true that some people will jump immediately to the wrong conclusions; but, it's understandable. And, if it turns out that only one of those church fires was intentional, it would still pale in comparison to what the shooter did, and what has been done.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleani ... -fire.html
Last edited by Steve James on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:55 pm

Although church fires have declined significantly in recent decades, they are not infrequent: Blazes at houses of worship happened, on average, 31 times a week across the nation, according to the data collected during the five-year period ending in 2011. If those trends still hold today, an average of five church fires could be intentionally set each week.

No one keeps a comprehensive, up-to-date tally of church fires in the United States, so it's possible to undercount the incidents.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2015/07/02/630 ... rylink=cpy

31 times a week, I guess those 9 are probably included in this figure.
you mentioned 4 uncounted for, do the other 24 matter or not?

note: a random site looking for statistical records of church fires in the US. "present time"

it's not hard at all for me to believe that there are those who'd just burn down churches for the same reason that the guy shot those people.

Just as there are "those" who do other things just as bad, but are not reported as such.

media, and business
USA inc.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:26 pm

Sure, there are plenty of "those" who do things just as bad, but go unreported. The SC church shooter wasn't that bad. It's just the media.

Still, there's a history of church attacks by people just like him. That's USA too; they even fly the "stars and stripes" while they do it.
It's just symbolism, though.

Oops, correction; the photo above is off topic. It was about something else. Here's a better example of my point.
Last edited by Steve James on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:32 pm

keep writing get it all out..

I guess those other churches dont matter

right, I can see that :-\

later
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:35 pm

Aw, shucks, I make my living getting it all out. Lol, "those other churches don't matter." Your guess is NOT as good as my word.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:45 pm

Steve James wrote:Aw, shucks, I make my living getting it all out. Lol, "those other churches don't matter." Your guess is NOT as good as my word.

your kidding right your "word"
whats that mean, those other churches dont matter?

btw might stay away from Walmart stores
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:55 pm

You know English right? I meant that your guess about what I believe (specifically about whether I care about other church fires) is not worth the paper it's not printed on. I.e., just as I've said before, don't put words in other peoples' mouths. Just ask and wait for answers. Otherwise, the words are coming from your butt, not anyone's mouth.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:41 pm

what you wrote

Sure, there are plenty of "those" who do things just as bad, but go unreported. The SC church shooter wasn't that bad. It's just the media.

what I wrote

Just as there are "those" who do other things just as bad, but are not reported as such.

You know English right? I meant that the leading component is not based on race and are not reported "as such" just very bad events.
I never said the shooter wasnt that bad, only that other like events are not reported in the same way..

putting words in other peoples mouths, yep gotta remember that...
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:01 am

:) If you think that "unreported" and "not reported" are substantially different in meaning, then I'm even less sure of your English. But, that's ok. Just don't keep telling people what they don't care about --without at least asking.

And if there are worse events, then just post them after you've looked them up. It's simple.
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic