Cheating on your Woman

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Cheating on your Woman

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:26 am

cheating doesn't need to be about sex.

It can be sharing intimacy with someone when you have more or less put yourself into a monogamous relationship.

the cheating is the deception even moreso than the act.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:18 am

i am not married just yet and i would not like it if i was cheated on, but i have friends who are married and have cheated- not an extra marital affair with someone that calls them regularly and they sneak around, but the guy will meet a girl like at a club get a hotel room, do the deed and leave with no way to be contacted again or he went to a massage parlor.

most of my friends i know that cheat are middle eastern: persian or afghani so they are in the Harem/polygamist- "man needs many women" state-o-mind. my girl is thai and will cut my dick off if i did.
neijia_boxer

Postby fuga on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:27 am

fuga
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:49 pm

fuga wrote:Dating multiple women versus cheating on a spouse or girlfriend are two entirely different things. And you are not cheating if you have an open relationship.

If you are going to cheat on wife or exclusive girlfriend, show some character and get out of the relationship first.

Pete has just bedded the Correct... and her friend... ;D
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby lide on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:11 pm

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
lide
Santi

Postby Chris Fleming on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:41 pm

Very bad idea. Never done it. Never would do it.
Chris Fleming

Postby Dale Dugas on Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:59 pm

asking for a total crap fest to be given to you when you least expect it.

"hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Never ever do it.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby zenshiite on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:28 pm

neijia_boxer wrote:i am not married just yet and i would not like it if i was cheated on, but i have friends who are married and have cheated- not an extra marital affair with someone that calls them regularly and they sneak around, but the guy will meet a girl like at a club get a hotel room, do the deed and leave with no way to be contacted again or he went to a massage parlor.

most of my friends i know that cheat are middle eastern: persian or afghani so they are in the Harem/polygamist- "man needs many women" state-o-mind. my girl is thai and will cut my dick off if i did.

Are they Shi'a Persians and Afghans? If so, they are doing the temporary muta marriage. Very popularly abused by alot of dudes.
"The powers that be don't give a shit!" - Raybeez RIP
zenshiite
Wuji

Postby chud on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:45 pm

Cheating requires that you be dishonest to your spouse, therefore it's bad.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:00 am

just playing devil's advocate here.

for you guys who say cheating is "bad"...

what do you think of the idea that promiscuity is normal?

again, doesn't mean I'm pro-cheating. I'm trying to think descriptively rather than normatively.

understanding violence - undeniably a characteristic of our species - lets you prepare for violence, and to be less adversely affected if it happens to you.

understanding sexuality... lets you prepare for adverse conseqeunces?

I'm sure everyone here knows at least one person who has been involved in an affair / has been cheated on.

your thoughts?
Ian

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:40 am

promiscuity again, in context is not cheating. In this day and age, it can be geting you i trouble with your own pee pee though.
gotta watch out whereyou put it, keep a sock on and all that jazz. :-)

also, it is not necessarily normal as the greater majority of people are not promiscuous.
understanding yourself as a whole is good for you.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Formosa Neijia on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:19 am

Ian wrote:what do you think of the idea that promiscuity is normal?

I think it sounds like someone looking for a rationalization for something they already want to do anyway.

If you're going to screw around, then don't blame society, your genes, or anything else. The devil didn't make you do it.

Dave C.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:03 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:
Ian wrote:what do you think of the idea that promiscuity is normal?

I think it sounds like someone looking for a rationalization for something they already want to do anyway.

If you're going to screw around, then don't blame society, your genes, or anything else. The devil didn't make you do it.

Dave C.

nope.

I'm single, so whom would I be cheating on?

and if I'm in a relationship, I have no problem being exclusive if that's what we decide to do.

I'm simply trying to get a discussion going on how things are vs. how we think things should be.

moreover, I don't necessarily view promiscuity as something evil, so I'm not blaming anyone.

have you ever had sex with a woman, only to discover afterwards that she's 'exclusively' seeing another man, but to her it isn't a big deal? I have, more than once. it used to worry me and make me really cynical, but now I just view it as something normal.

how can you (not specifically you, mind...) know for sure that you're not one of those men or women who's being kept in the dark?

finally, I'm not anti-relationships. relationships are wonderful things if you're in them for the right reasons.
Last edited by Ian on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ian

Postby Michael on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:30 am

People should make their own minds up and basically, like Darth says, try and break free of various social and religious programming, whether extremely for or against promiscuity, and understand it on your own terms.
Last edited by Michael on Sun May 27, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:33 am

"promiscuity" and "cheating" are two completely different things. One is honest, the other one isn't.
Dmitri
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic