Trump's Numero Uno!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Trump's Numero Uno!

Postby Steve James on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:54 am

Yeah, I definitely agree that Trump knows how the US works. "In money we trust." It's very true that morality is impractical and gets in the way of making money.

Anyway, I'm drooling to hear Trump v. Christie or Fiorino.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:14 pm

I agree that Trump is a blow hard but I think they all are on the Republican ticket.

As far Bernie not knowing how the US works I would say it's the opposite, Americans don't understand how good they could have it. We can start with education over incarceration for starters which is what Bernie is aiming to do.

American exceptionalism is a myth! There are lots of changes that we could have made decades ago but instead we chose to spend it all the military and went to war while much of the rest of the industrialized world spent that money on its own people which is where all that money comes from the begin with.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:48 am

US didn`t had too much possibility to choose.
Bigger than USSR military expenses looks like oversimplification of the problem , however brings quite big occasions for lifting lot of money from the system ... :)

btw,
I heard last Trumps trumpeting :
> we have to take Iraqi oil fields<
hehe, what a egotic brassing moron he is, why not whole middle east at once -sumo-
well,
most important, he is owner of the Models Agency too ::)
kinda of prince Farquad unfortunately real, not the cartoon character .
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:42 am

Yes, unfortunately after decades of reality TV and the media and Americans just can't resist.

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-narrows-cli ... 49360.html

I'm not surprised though, I knew that when corporations were declared people the s*** would hit the fan. Pardon my French. The fact is Washington is so corrupt with everyone bowing down to receive corporate money that it's no wonder people who speak their mind like Bernie and Trump are getting so much support. No one respects an a**kisser. Pardon my French.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Watch "Meet the Undocumented Immigrant Who Works in a Trump Hotel" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/e-r9E5n5FnM
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:36 pm

I work with some co workers, one who is undocumented the other waiting for their documentation to come through.
In this case both are from mexico, one waiting for 10+ for a green card the other here due to a very bad problem with some of the gangs in mexico.

Asking either one, one will get different answers according to their needs and feelings, both are hard workers the one waiting for his paper work while sympathetic feels its kind of unjust for others to be put on some kind of fast track. The other would be better described as an asylum seeker along with his family here. wont go into detail only to say it was pretty bad why they left. :-\

Its really a tough call. Looking at the history of it, like many things in USA inc. the money seems to be the deciding factor. never seems to be a coherent strategy.

The Bracero Program (1942-1964) was a temporary-worker importation agreement between the United States and Mexico. Initially created as an emergency procedure to alleviate wartime labor shortages, the 1942 program actually lasted until 1964, bringing approximately 4.5 million legal Mexican workers into the United States during its lifespan.[7]

The Bracero Program expanded during the early 1950s, admitting more than 400,000 Mexican workers for temporary employment per year until 1959 when numbers began a steady decline.[7] While illegal immigration was a concern of both the United States and Mexico, the Bracero Program was seen as a partial solution to the upsurge of undocumented worker entries.[7]

Under the program, total farm employment increased, domestic farm worker employment decreased, and the farm wage rate decreased.[1] Critics have noted widespread abuses of the program: workers had ten percent of their wages withheld for planned pensions but the money was often never repaid.[8]

Workers also were de-loused with DDT at border stations and were often placed in housing conditions deemed ‘highly inadequate’ by the Farm Service Agency.[9] Other scholars who interviewed workers have highlighted some of the more positive aspects of the program, including the higher potential wages a bracero could earn in the United States

.[10] Due in large part to the growing opposition by organized labor and welfare groups, the program came to an end in 1964.[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guest_worker_program

Under the program, total farm employment increased, domestic farm worker employment decreased, and the farm wage rate decreased

Due in large part to the growing opposition by organized labor and welfare groups, the program came to an end in 1964.

which basically means is that we in USA inc, live by not really paying the true cost of food or items manufactured by companies based here with factories in other countries using cheaper labor to make the products that we buy here. The model by which this is done was always unsustainable, never benefited the country as a whole.
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:53 pm

So, it's a tough call. Do you agree that we should just deport all of them and replace them with American workers? Or, what do you think of Trump's plan?

Granted that both of the gentlemen you mentioned are not rapists, murderers, etc.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:01 pm

United States economy[edit]
Experts have argued that a guest worker program is necessary for American employers to make up for labor shortages within the United States,[41][42][43] particularly in "agricultural labor or services of a temporary or seasonal nature."[44] Guest worker programs can "promote a healthy agricultural market in the U.S."[4] by keeping supply levels up,[4] prices for consumers down,[40][41] and wages for workers down.[40][41]

It has also been argued that guest worker programs can help control immigration.[4][41] In 2009, over 80 percent of agricultural workers in the United States did not have the proper legal documentation necessary for employment.[44] Guest worker programs can help cut down on undocumented workers by allowing the Immigration and Naturalization Service to "secur[e] the cooperation of growers who [are] hiring workers illegally."[4]

once one gets past the hype

by keeping supply levels up,[4] prices for consumers down,[40][41] and wages for workers down.

labor shortages within the United States * no one can work at the wages they pay

I believe its called a down ward spiral

its easy to see the bottom line.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:38 pm

Steve James wrote:So, it's a tough call. Do you agree that we should just deport all of them and replace them with American workers? Or, what do you think of Trump's plan?

Granted that both of the gentlemen you mentioned are not rapists, murderers, etc.

in the past I've answered your questions feeling we where having a dialog, only to find that somehow it really was not.
not really interested in answering

Having said this, a lot of it directly affects either those I know or my own family.
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Well, this is a thread about Trump, not about you. He has a plan. It's not about having a dialog. Are you afraid to give a straight forward answer about something that actually "affects either those" you "know or" your "own family." If Trump is elected, it will directly affect you. Do you have an opinion? You have the opportunity to dialog or monologue.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Steve James wrote:Well, this is a thread about Trump, not about you. He has a plan. It's not about having a dialog. Are you afraid to give a straight forward answer about something that actually "affects either those" you "know or" your "own family." If Trump is elected, it will directly affect you. Do you have an opinion? You have the opportunity to dialog or monologue.

fish much?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Bullshit much?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:16 pm

It's always better to know where the candidate says he stands. Agree or not. https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/ ... ion-reform

The full plan is outlined on his website, but here are the key nuggets:

>Build a wall across the southern border paid for by Mexico

>Seize all remittance payments "derived from illegal wages" until Mexico agrees to pay for the wall

>Implement a nationwide e-verify system and defund sanctuary cities that refuse to cooperate with the federal law

>End birthright citizenship (currently enshrined in the 14th Amendment of the Constitution)

>Crack down on H-1B visas, which are designated for high-skilled STEM employees, by requiring companies to hire from the pool of unemployed domestic workers first

>Create criminal penalties for people who overstay a visa

In an interview on NBC's Meet the Press Sunday, Trump went further, suggesting he would rescind President Obama's executive order and deport all illegal immigrants from the country. Here's an excerpt of the conversation with Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd:

TODD: You're going to split up families. You're going to deport children?
TRUMP: Chuck — no, no. No, we're going to keep the families together. We have to keep the families together.
TODD: But, you're going to keep them together out —
TRUMP: But, they have to go. But, they have to go.
TODD: What if if they have no place to go?
TRUMP: We will work with them. They have to go. Chuck, we either have a country or we don't have a country ...

His entire program is explained more fully on his website (link above).
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:50 pm

chud wrote:
grzegorz wrote:I actually like that Trump says what he believes, most Republicans I know talk like Trump behind closed doors.

Yes, I think that's his appeal.
Many people are distrustful of politicians in general these days, so an outsider like Trump who is unafraid to speak his mind seems completely different.

Another issue is that many people are frustrated with the lack of enforcement of immigration law, with the current example in the news being the random murder of Kathryn Steinle by a seven-time convicted felon and five-time deportee named Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez in San Francisco.

Anyway, there is real concern in the Republican party that Trump will draw away votes like Perot did back in the day.
Some are saying Bernie Sanders may do the same on the Democrat side.
It will be interesting to see what happens in 2016.

Don't know if it's been proven or not but they are sources saying it was a ricochet that caused the death.

Guns don't kill people, ricochet kill people.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby chud on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:27 am

chud
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic