Trump's Numero Uno!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Trump's Numero Uno!

Postby Steve James on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:55 pm

Go Donald!

Donald Trump has surged to the top of two new 2016 polls

Donald Trump's immigration controversy does not seem to be hurting the real-estate developer's standing in the Republican presidential primary.

Two new polls have him in first place among registered Republican voters.

The latest poll arrived Thursday. In the Economist/YouGov poll, Trump holds 15% of the Republican vote nationally — ahead of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's (R) 11%.

And the good news for Trump doesn't stop there.

"Trump looks even better as a candidate this week when Republicans are asked for their second choice," YouGov's Kathy Frankovic wrote along with the results. "When they are, Trump extends his lead. One in four Republicans who are registered to vote say he is their first or second choice."

And a new Public Policy Polling survey of North Carolina published Wednesday also placed Trump ahead of the GOP pack. In that poll, Trump leads Bush 16% to 12%.

"Trump's favorability rating in North Carolina is 55/32, much higher than we were finding in national polls prior to his entry into the race," PPP director Tom Jensen said. "Trump's really caught fire with voters on the far right — 66% of 'very conservative' voters see him favorably to only 24% with a negative view of him."

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Re: Trump's Numero Uno!

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:49 pm

I actually like that Trump says what he believes, most Republicans I know talk like Trump behind closed doors.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby chud on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:40 pm

grzegorz wrote:I actually like that Trump says what he believes, most Republicans I know talk like Trump behind closed doors.

Yes, I think that's his appeal.
Many people are distrustful of politicians in general these days, so an outsider like Trump who is unafraid to speak his mind seems completely different.

Another issue is that many people are frustrated with the lack of enforcement of immigration law, with the current example in the news being the random murder of Kathryn Steinle by a seven-time convicted felon and five-time deportee named Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez in San Francisco.

Anyway, there is real concern in the Republican party that Trump will draw away votes like Perot did back in the day.
Some are saying Bernie Sanders may do the same on the Democrat side.
It will be interesting to see what happens in 2016.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:17 pm

Well, yeah, he's popular because he says what many believe. But, it's not clear that those beliefs are really thought through. There's an immigration problem, yes. Is it that that Mexico is sending criminals here to randomly murder American citizens? He talks about lazy Mexicans, but he hires (legal, afawk) Mexican immigrants to work for him. He talks about his billions, but the richest man in the world is a Mexican. Trump's complaints about illegal immigrants would be fine, and they've been discussed for a long time (though nothing has been done, even by this Congress), but he makes general statements about Mexicans and South Americans. Then he says that he has great relations with them. Well, wait for Mexicans and Latin Americans to speak for themselves. He says that he'd win the Latino vote. Not in California ("California Hispanic population outstrips white: Census" http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/ ... V820150708

I dunno. He might get more of their votes than Romney. Well, Romney has condemned the remarks. That's probably in part due to his family's close relation to Mexico. But, I think that Trump has made a permanent enemy of the Bush's --by calling out Jeb on his Mexican wife. Damn, that sounded like something Andy Jackson would have had a duel over. Now, I don't know how many people believe that Jeb has a soft spot for illegal immigrants because his wife is from Mexico. I know that's not quite as innocent as saying Obama had a soft spot for White people because of his mom.

Anyway, I would love to have Trump run. The only negative is that he makes some of his competitors sound reasonable, sometimes.
Just kidding.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:14 pm

grzegorz wrote:I actually like that Trump says what he believes, most Republicans I know talk like Trump behind closed doors.

I don't know, but he seems to calculate very well what he says and why. The last time he almost candidated, he said that "gayness is a wonderful thing". I wonder if he really believes so. But he can be a bit clumsy as well. There's also something "real" about Trump that attracts people. Heems to be quite honest about many things, though he could never ever admit that he is wrong and never says "sorry". The thing I appreciate about Mr Trump is that he has a great way to lift people up and empowering them. Very different from Jobs and other ass holes. It's very possible that he could make things happen and get other people to make things happen as well. He won't be lazy and spend much time on playing golf, that's for sure.
Last edited by Bao on Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:29 pm

Steve James wrote: But, I think that Trump has made a permanent enemy of the Bush's --by calling out Jeb on his Mexican wife.

Frankly, I don't think that's a big issue. It's all about business and money. Probably they only become more eager to use him and get as much out from him as possible. And you know what they say: "keep your enemy closer"....
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:24 pm

The Grand Strategy is working! Speak to the base and the money comes in..But wait he is the lead for Scott Walker, so criticize everyone else but do not mention the Wisconsin scoundrel and he get to sneak in behind the invisivility cloak of ignorance and Chumpfollery per the Donald. It never fails
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:58 am

Trump is to some what Bernie Sanders is to me.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mLeAXR0yp0w

I don't know if he'll get my vote but I like some of what he says even though I don't agree with everything yet I like that he's bringing up topics which other candidates are purposely ignoring.

As to the shootings, whether they are white supremacists, immigrants or teenagers rampaging I think these shootings have more to do with the easy access to guns in this country than anything else but I accept, as usual, nothing will happen.

http://news.yahoo.com/6-teens-accused-m ... 05951.html

But with 30 gun deaths a day I find it interesting when one case receives national attention.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Avenger on Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:17 am

I did not say what nationality the kids were, maybe they were born here to illegal immigrants , maybe we should be looking at changing the laws of citizenship, by determining who your parents are, not where you were born.
Avenger
Santi

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:42 am

maybe we should be looking at changing the laws of citizenship, by determining who your parents are, not where you were born.

That would mean amending (or re-amending) the Constitution. The first sentence of the 14th Amendment reads "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." People have tried to change the amendment. Then again, those same people have wanted to change the stipulation that a President had to be a natural-born citizen.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby DiaitaDoc on Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:23 am

DiaitaDoc
Anjing

Postby yeniseri on Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:16 pm

Steve James wrote:Well, yeah, he's popular because he says what many believe. But, it's not clear that those beliefs are really thought through. There's an immigration problem, yes. Is it that that Mexico is sending criminals here to randomly murder American citizens? He talks about lazy Mexicans, but he hires (legal, afawk) Mexican immigrants to work for him. He talks about his billions, but the richest man in the world is a Mexican. Trump's complaints about illegal immigrants would be fine, and they've been discussed for a long time (though nothing has been done, even by this Congress), but he makes general statements about Mexicans and South Americans. Then he says that he has great relations with them. Well, wait for Mexicans and Latin Americans to speak for themselves. He says that he'd win the Latino vote. Not in California ("California Hispanic population outstrips white: Census" http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/ ... V820150708

I dunno. He might get more of their votes than Romney. Well, Romney has condemned the remarks. That's probably in part due to his family's close relation to Mexico. But, I think that Trump has made a permanent enemy of the Bush's --by calling out Jeb on his Mexican wife. Damn, that sounded like something Andy Jackson would have had a duel over. Now, I don't know how many people believe that Jeb has a soft spot for illegal immigrants because his wife is from Mexico. I know that's not quite as innocent as saying Obama had a soft spot for White people because of his mom.

Anyway, I would love to have Trump run. The only negative is that he makes some of his competitors sound reasonable, sometimes.
Just kidding.

That guy is a looney tune but some people likes looney tunes! His world view is so forked up that I am amused that there are US Americans who believe what he says. Even a liar says the truth sometimes and if he is a millionaire then better yet. A US natural born terrorist shot up a church and assassinated 9 people, so what kind of terrorism is that? Really ??? What does Donald Chump's compare to the illegals he purposely employs in his organization and they work to get where they are, despite the illegality of their place in USA. If Bush's position is moderate and compassionate and Romney's Mexico sojourn is a plus then the followers of MR Chump must be a rela bunch of good ole' boys waiting for the next hanging judge to appear on the fence. wow. He will win the Latino vote yeh right Rubio and Cruz, the special treatment 'flat feet' pair!
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby lazyboxer on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:37 am

At least we can be sure he won't be in it for the money
Living well is the best revenge.
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:44 pm

I dunno. Wealthy politicians seem to be the rule. And those who are not rich seem to become so. The one thing we know about the Trump is that he likes to make money for its own sake. Any policies he would favor would benefit his bottom line. He's great at finding profits.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:30 pm

So, Trump the chump is now saying that John McCain doesn't deserve to be called a hero because "he got captured. I like people who don't get captured." But, he doesn't get that what's heroic is what happened after he was captured. Still, it seems like an unwarranted dig. I mean. Did the Donald volunteer? And, if he feels this way about the captured, I wonder what he thinks of the wounded and killed in action? Just saying, and waiting for someone to ask.
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... epublicans
Last edited by Steve James on Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic