Trump's Numero Uno!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Trump's Numero Uno!

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:22 am

Apparently, Manafort has been demoted. Here's the story. Btw, M. Moore is now arguing that Trump is deliberately trying to sabotage his campaign, (and that the excuse will be that the election is rigged against him. And, not because of anything he says).

Donald Trump, following weeks of gnawing agitation over his advisers’ attempts to temper his style, moved late Tuesday to overhaul his struggling campaign by rebuffing those efforts and elevating two longtime associates who have encouraged his combative populism.

Stephen Bannon, a former banker who runs the influential conservative outlet Breitbart News and is known for his fiercely anti-establishment politics, has been named the Trump campaign’s chief executive. Kellyanne Conway, a veteran Republican pollster who has been close to Trump for years, will assume the role of campaign manager.

Two Trump campaign aides confirmed the staff's reshuffle early Wednesday, requesting anonymity to discuss personnel changes without permission.

The Wall Street Journal first reported the moves.

Trump’s stunning decision effectively ended the months-long push by campaign chairman Paul Manafort to moderate Trump’s presentation and pitch for the general election. And it sent a signal, perhaps more clear than ever, that the real-estate mogul intends to finish this race on his own terms, with friends who share his instincts at his side.

While Manafort, a seasoned operative who joined the campaign in March, will remain in his role, the advisers described his status internally as diminished due to Trump’s unhappiness and restlessness in recent weeks.

While Trump respects Manafort, the aides said, he has grown to feel “boxed in” and "controlled" by people who barely know him. Moving forward, he plans to focus intensely on rousing his voters at rallies and through media appearances.

Trump's turn away from Manafort is in part a reversion to how he ran his campaign in the primary with then-campaign manager Corey Lewandowski. Lewandowski's mantra was "let Trump be Trump" and Trump wants to get back to that type of campaign culture, the aides said.

In Bannon especially, Trump is turning to an alter ego — a colorful, edgy figure on the right who has worked at Goldman Sachs and made several films, including a documentary about former Alaska governor Sarah Palin.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:42 am

Now he wants the African-American vote.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:05 am

grzegorz wrote:Now he wants the African-American vote.

Well, he has some well known Black endorsers. But, not all of them have the same "reasons." Here, for ex., is an interview with them by a Black journalist. Listen to/for their reasons. Ok, ask whether you would agree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rWS9w9cEOg
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:58 am

The reporter was good at challenging him. Donald's argument is also that the Dems failed at helping African-Americans. Yet the GOP still controls congress but anyway I've also noticed this trend that by voting against your party somehow the party is going to listen to you. I think like the Brexit vote sometimes sending a message is more than sending a message. I just find it interesting that Donald has never reached out to the African-American community until now. It seems he does read the polls.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:21 am

Well, afa the minister in the clip, it's obvious that he doesn't have any idea of how Trump will help his specific efforts (like building a highway on the Indian Ocean). Afa helping African Americans, I don't think it's even possible to do that.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:30 am

I think Trump probably heard the FDT song.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:35 pm

Steve James wrote:
grzegorz wrote:Now he wants the African-American vote.

Well, he has some well known Black endorsers. But, not all of them have the same "reasons." Here, for ex., is an interview with them by a Black journalist. Listen to/for their reasons. Ok, ask whether you would agree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rWS9w9cEOg

Reasons this church gave for supporting Trump:

(1) Democrats haven't helped them in 50 years
(2) They don't believe any politician will really help them, gave the Moses to the Pharaoh answer, "Let my people go,"
(3) They want UN dual citizenship for the right to return to an Africa that has a new highway from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. They believe Trump will support the building of this highway across Africa because he's a good businessman.
(4) There are too many problems in the USA now that haven't been solved, such as the size of the prison system and the gang bangers in Chicago (they're in North Carolina), and choosing a businessman like Trump will help.

Did I miss any?

I think this is perfectly typical for most voters, who have vague notions of what their candidate proposes, and they somehow connect that to their own desires for a better life. It's hope and change mixed with prestige.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:01 pm

You hit them all, and the interviewer asked them repeatedly "Has Mr. Trump told this to you?" ... "No, but the Bible says..."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:05 am

Steve James wrote:You hit them all, and the interviewer asked them repeatedly "Has Mr. Trump told this to you?" ... "No, but the Bible says..."

There was that facepalm moment when it sounded like the pastor wanted to build a highway across the Indian ocean to America and the reporter said, "Oh my god." :o

To their credit, the Trump supporters did not dodge questions or use weasel words. Would love it if somehow more reporters could handle the politicians like this.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:09 am

A week late but one of the better short videos on outlining where ISIS came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJPOtPl-0NI
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:56 am

A sea change, no? Manafort resigned, because he felt his close ties to the Ukrainian opposition would be a distraction. His new chiefs, though, have been linked to "dominionism." No time to explain. Anyway, who believes this?

Charlotte, North Carolina (CNN)Donald Trump on Thursday shelved his guiding mantra -- never back down, never apologize -- and did what he has refused to do in public in more than a year of campaigning.

He expressed regret.

Trump, reading from prepared remarks Thursday night, acknowledged that he sometimes says "the wrong thing" in an astonishing act of contrition that signaled Trump's willingness to break from his characteristic brashness and bare-knuckles style that carried him to victory in the Republican primaries, but risks dooming him in the general election.

"Sometimes, in the heat of debate and speaking on a multitude of issues, you don't choose the right words or you say the wrong thing. I have done that. And believe it or not, I regret it. And I do regret it, particularly where it may have caused personal pain. Too much is at stake for us to be consumed with these issues," Trump told supporters here.

He added: "But one thing I can promise you is this: I will always tell you the truth."

It does seem interesting that he siad that after his intelligence briefing. Oh, btw, I happened to be in Union Square yesterday where they "erected" a nude statue of the Donald. There were many complaints.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:14 am

Trump says he regrets some of the words he's used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRh_vgS2dFE
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:17 am

Trump admits possibility he is not always perfect, but only some of the time. Film at eleven.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:41 am

And he's trying to expand his appeal. Just listen to the sincerity in his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8LCaIjxSaU

Anyway, I'm sure that some psychologists will be noticing his very sociable good guy persona.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:18 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic