Palin - now it comes out...

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Palin - now it comes out...

Postby GrahamB on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:59 am

Sarah Palin "didn't know Africa wasn't a country"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/oliverb ... sarahpalin

What the hell is "off the record" in a free press? We should have been told this stuff before the election.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: Palin - now it comes out...

Postby middleway on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:11 am

LMAO.

oh boy oh boy...
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Bill on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:30 am

I find it pretty dirty that McCain staffers are telling these stories anonymously. There is now way to verify them.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:21 am

McCain staffers are deliberately making Palin the scapegoat of the failed campaign.

In my opinion, the whole dog and pony show was a courtesy instead of just putting Obama in office. lol
I personally don't believe America has had a legitimately elected president since Eisenhower.

But, that's just my view. :)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:27 am

Good thing to consider as well.

1% of America controls 50% of it's wealth.

Who do you think has been manipulating the stockmarkets? Day Traders? Retirees? Not likely.
The whole thing has been brought down to correct the artificial 5000 points that were added over the last 2 years.
The bailout is to soften the screwover of the regular joes who invest, but the real wealth holders are the ones who orchestrated the whole mess and the "solution" as well.

I find it odd that in 2 weeks all the leaders of the world can rally and get a plan together about this, but in teh 6 years of war in Iraq it's nothing but fucking capitulation, vacillating and bullshit streaming from their mouths.

seriously, revolution is required and the Obama presidency is trying real hard to convince you tat you are getting a peaceful revolution, and it remains to be seen if you really are. I don't think so though frankly. There will be no fundamental change in the aspect of power. Although I do think Obama will be not so rushy and transparent in his moves as Bush is. Bush is blatant in his disrespect for his country and the people. He really should be impeached, but people don't care now. Typical.

so long as your belly is full, your head will be empty. That is the way.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:53 am

I'm not that into conspiracy theory. But check out http://www.theyrule.net/ - a nice interactive graphic shows who actually was running mainly US companies, institutions, and government bodies, data around 2004 - lets you graph their connections (Al Gore was on Apple board and a US VP, so and so is on boards of companies A, B, and C, etc.). You can see some of the 1% who really do control a staggering amount of wealth, indirectly at least, not in a conspiracy, but once you are connected like that, it's quite natural other institutions seek out your involvement.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby klonk on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:57 pm

GrahamB wrote:Sarah Palin "didn't know Africa wasn't a country"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/oliverb ... sarahpalin

What the hell is "off the record" in a free press? We should have been told this stuff before the election.

Lot of hearsay in that clip, not much direct attribution. Sounded like gossip, but...whose ax is being ground, here?
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:22 pm

Hearsay yes, but judging from watching her video interviews do I believe every word of what they are saying about her? You bet.
Last edited by GrahamB on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby bigphatwong on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:53 pm

Two words: Yeah, right. No sources named, just an unsubstantiated rumor. Are we honestly expected to believe that the governor of our 49th state rose to her position without knowing basic geography? Get real. ::)
NOBODY gets near Yung when Tanaka's around. That's for shit sure.
bigphatwong
Great Old One

Postby Bär on Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:03 pm

lols
Bär
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:43 pm

bigphatwong wrote:

Two words: Yeah, right. No sources named, just an unsubstantiated rumor. Are we honestly expected to believe that the governor of our 49th state rose to her position without knowing basic geography? Get real. ::)

Well, the Democrats have little reason to spread rumors about Palin. The interesting thing is why Republicans seem to be blaming her for the loss. But, about the "Africa" thing, ime, it's not uncommon for people to lack a basic grasp of world geography. In fact, it's typical of Americans, in general.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby dragontigerpalm on Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:47 pm

It's not such a stretch for me to believe she's ignorant of geography - she couldn't even name a single newspaper that she 'reads'.
The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during War.
dragontigerpalm
Wuji

Postby chud on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:08 pm

Steve James wrote: The interesting thing is why Republicans seem to be blaming her for the loss.

The neocons within the republican party are blaming her. They don't want to admit that THEY could be the reason the republicans lost the election.

dragontigerpalm wrote:It's not such a stretch for me to believe she's ignorant of geography - she couldn't even name a single newspaper that she 'reads'.

She was trying to avoid answering the question...and she didn't do a very good job in that situation. I think that was the turning point for her where she decided to stop following her neocon handlers' advice, because shortly after that is when anonymous McCain staffers started accusing her of "going rogue"...personally I don't blame her.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:11 pm

Jon Stewart had a hilarious bit on how the MSM all coordinated their "going Rogue" pieces and Bush also thought Africa was a country way back when.
Michael

Postby chud on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:12 pm

LOL, I believe it !
Palin is way smarter than Bush.
chud
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic