3 vs. 5 meals a day

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: 3 vs. 5 meals a day

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:51 pm

glutting = body thinks it ain't gonna eat for a while and so it converts to sugar and stores as fat everytime you eat like that.

smallish meals, whole foods and of course, exercise is the way. It will vary and be different in quantities for most, but that is the essence of it.

don't get caught in the ideas about how fat is bad. that's not true, there is a lot of good fat that gets tossed because of advertising nonsense. eat sensible whole foods and don't glut. count your chewing if you gotta. chewing helps digestion a lot so get to masticating! lol

Michael - There is no substantial evidence anywhere that says aspartame is causing brain cancer. It's not only legal in the US, it's legal everywhere. So unless the entire world's medical establishment is in cahoots with rumsfeld, there's a hole in your bucket. :)

It is worthy of note that since you and I were Children, the population of the planet has doubled. Ergo, the statistics for death, disease, strife and turmoil are gonna rise with those population numbers.

when I was a boy of 16 yrs, the population of my country was 17 million. It is now double that.
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Postby TaoJoannes on Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:41 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:
Michael - There is no substantial evidence anywhere that says aspartame is causing brain cancer. It's not only legal in the US, it's legal everywhere. So unless the entire world's medical establishment is in cahoots with rumsfeld, there's a hole in your bucket. :)

Maybe, but it does turn into formaldehyde when it hits your liver.
oh qué una tela enredada que tejemos cuando primero practicamos para engañar
TaoJoannes
Wuji

Postby C-Hopkins on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:15 pm

Darth Rock&Roll wrote:Michael - There is no substantial evidence anywhere that says aspartame is causing brain cancer. It's not only legal in the US, it's legal everywhere. So unless the entire world's medical establishment is in cahoots with rumsfeld, there's a hole in your bucket. :)

That's cause its part of the conspiratorial eugenics program.

I should know. I am myself a gynecological eugenicist. :o
Last edited by C-Hopkins on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby Chris Fleming on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Chris McKinley wrote:He's not hostile toward them, he just recognizes them as food. Veggies are what food eats. :P

Tigers do eat veggies....it's just that those veggies are in the intestines of the animal it just caught.
Chris Fleming

Postby qiphlow on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:50 pm

C-Hopkins wrote:
qiphlow wrote:ok, experiment started. the trial will be for about one month. the mission: eat 5 smaller meals throughout the day, and try to eat less junk and more whole grains and veggies. we'll see what happens.

If your goal is to lose weight, you MUST add cardio and strength training to get the engine going. You won't lose weight at 1st. Diets don't work. To Lose weight effectively, you must make a lifestyle change. I suggest dropping the month thing and go for a year of daily excercise, eating right etc.

I GUARANTEE it will work.

I've been doing it since January, and have so far lost allmost 60 lbs. By this January I'll be down to my first target weight, and by the following January, I'll be a lean mean machine.

It's not hard, it's just a matter of developing new habits.

I'm my own experiment, so I know it works. You can take your time too. Ease your way in. Little steps = big steps. Don't over do it. eventually as the mental muscle bilds up, so will the body.
The most important part is consistancy over the long haul.

the reason i gave myself a month is to make a different eating habit for myself. if i try to overengineer the diet, i know i'll quit early. but if i give myself simple rules (5 smaller feedings per day, more good food than crap food), then my lazy ass ought to have no problems.
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:31 am

Once the FDA approved it, even after the rats had more cancers than you could count, it was reciprocal for other countries' agencies to approve it. And come on, nobody is suggesting the entire world's medical establishment is in cahoots with Rumsfeld. :P There are many studies showing how poisonous aspartame is, including a CDC study. You wouldn't by any chance be a Searle Pharmaceuticals share holder, now would you? ;D j/k

Watch Sweet Misery, A Poisoned World on google vids.

The CDC report documents seizures, heart failures, and deaths and says there needs to be more study on neurological side effects.

And TJ is right, the methanol in aspartame, which is 10% of the material, breaks down to formaldehyde, which is simply a poison.
Michael

Previous

Return to Off the Topic