Wanna work fot the new Administration?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Wanna work fot the new Administration?

Postby Walter Joyce on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Michael wrote:
Walter Joyce wrote:There is probably nothing on his web site because it is a NON-ISSUE.

Like if someone asked me "when did you stop beating your wife" I wouldn't dignify it with a response.

::)

So first you suggest he had to go through a more difficult background check than a military enlistee and then you say it's a non-issue and might imply an insult to ask a candidate for President to prove his eligibility. It's a very simple request, but now the burden of proof is on people who question his eligibility, so we will see what comes of it.

Nice spin, let me clarify.

First I suggest that he did have to go through a more difficult background check.

Then I imply that considering he has actually been elected he has indeed passed that test.

Then I assert that having passed that test, having his citizenship questioned is an insult.

As I stated before if any of his political rivals could have made a case that he was in fact NOT a US citizen and therefore ineligible to run for or be elected to the presidential office, they would have. God knows they tried every other form of character assassination, if they could have hooked him on that they would have.

Michael seems to insist that the copy of his birth certificate submitted to prove his citizenship is inadequate proof, why is beyond my reasoning.

Lets look at what Snopes has to say: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp.

Then he advances the story that his mother-in-law claims to have witnessed his birth in Kenya.

" FactChecker.org says that it obtained and examined Obama's actual birth certificate and it was indeed real. FactChecker also reports that a researcher "looking to dig up dirt on Obama instead found a birth announcement for a son born to Mr. and Mrs. Barack H. Obama that had been published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Sunday, August 13, 1961.

Bottom line: Barack Obama is indeed a U.S. Citizen. He was born on U.S. soil, which by virtue of the 14th Amendment makes him a natural-born citizen."

From:http://genealogy.about.com/b/2008/08/30/is-barack-obama-really-a-us-citizen.htm

But I'm sure he'll come back with some refutation of these claims.

Which begs the question... why?
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:53 am

My line of reasoning and response to your post came from that, but I wasn't trying to spin anything. Unfortunately, the way I worded my post was no good, so my apologies to Mr. Joyce.
Last edited by Michael on Sun May 27, 2018 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:35 am

If Obama had undergone a rigorous background check that should have been done by an impartial third party then it would have been easy enough to reference that check as proof that he is eligible. The fact that the Campaign has not done anything like that worries me. Even if Obama is a US citizen it worries me that we probably don't have protocols in place to ensure that the two simple requirements for the highest office in the country are being met. Also a certificate of live birth or a birth certificate would not necessarily be proof that he was born in the US. In the 1950s it was still common for children to be born at home and the parents to get a birth certificate later, if at all. The rumor is that Obama was born in Kenya or Vancouver and right after being born he was brought to Hawaii where his grandparents were and then they took him to get a US birth certificate.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:54 am

Also a certificate of live birth or a birth certificate would not necessarily be proof that he was born in the US. In the 1950s it was still common for children to be born at home and the parents to get a birth certificate later, if at all.

That's absolutely true: any birth certificate can be forged. There are plenty of people with fake ones. {That begs the question of why the conspirators wouldn't have created one, if he didn't have one. Then again, how would Obama know that he had to fool the people, anyway? I mean. He was at his "birth", but ... he's like the rest of us, who simply accept what our parents have told us.]

But, c'mon, how can you say "common for children to be born at home" in the 50s? Where are you talking about? Not NYC. But, even so, does that mean that someone born in a log cabin wouldn't be able to become president because he got a birth certificate later?

The rumor is that Obama was born in Kenya

Is there an absolute way to prove that anyone was born anywhere? Reminds me of the McCarthy 50s.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby C-Hopkins on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:39 am

If Obama was not born in the US, The Bush administration would have gotten the info and shut him down. The Republicans would've had a field day with him.

That's a clear indicator to me that this is not only spirious, but assanine.

If you would say the republicans couldn't attack Obama with this because they have no proof, I would say that backs up my arguement, that they have no proof.

This is all internet rumor.
Last edited by C-Hopkins on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:48 am

Steve James wrote:
Also a certificate of live birth or a birth certificate would not necessarily be proof that he was born in the US. In the 1950s it was still common for children to be born at home and the parents to get a birth certificate later, if at all.

That's absolutely true: any birth certificate can be forged. There are plenty of people with fake ones. {That begs the question of why the conspirators wouldn't have created one, if he didn't have one. Then again, how would Obama know that he had to fool the people, anyway? I mean. He was at his "birth", but ... he's like the rest of us, who simply accept what our parents have told us.]

But, c'mon, how can you say "common for children to be born at home" in the 50s? Where are you talking about? Not NYC. But, even so, does that mean that someone born in a log cabin wouldn't be able to become president because he got a birth certificate later?

The rumor is that Obama was born in Kenya

Is there an absolute way to prove that anyone was born anywhere? Reminds me of the McCarthy 50s.

There is a lot of US out there. Where my granparents grew up they didn't even know there was a great depression. It might not have been common in the cities to have children at home in the 50s, but I know it still happened.

I guess there really isn't a good way to prove where anyone was born short of a video tape or something.

C-Hopkins wrote:If Obama was not born in the US, The Bush administration would have gotten the info and shut him down. The Republicans would've had a field day with him.

That's a clear indicator to me that this is not only spirious, but assanine.

I agree that bush would have shot him down if it was provable. However that doesn't change the fact that we really don't have a way of proving the candidates elegibility. Everyone who gets on the ballot for prez should have already been shown to meet the criteria. Does that not bother anyone else?
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:15 am

When someone goes through a background check to get a security clearance, the FBI goes back and interviews people who knew you in your childhood trying to find dirt. Before the check, they give you an extensive interview and basically tell you to spill the beans, the reason being that as long as you admit something embarrassing, it means it can't be used later to compromise you.

Selected heads of state like Bush, Blair, Carter, Clinton, etc., aren't required to have background checks and are just actors put into a role by the people you don't regularly see on TV who actually have power. Those behind the scenes are more comfortable working with and giving instructions to subordinates who have something to hide that can be used against them if they ever decide they'd like to fire the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, fire the Director of the CIA, or mebbe put a stop to some war that was earning folks a bundle of cash.
Michael

Postby Walter Joyce on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:53 pm

Michael wrote: so it's BTDT.

That much we can agree on.

:)
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Postby C-Hopkins on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:41 pm

DeusTrismegistus wrote:
Steve James wrote:
However that doesn't change the fact that we really don't have a way of proving the candidates elegibility. Everyone who gets on the ballot for prez should have already been shown to meet the criteria. Does that not bother anyone else?

His citizenship has allready been proven via his BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

The reason why people won't accept that is because they just don't want him in office and are trying to come up with any little thing they can to try to keep him from being in said office, or just to slag him in general.

Again, unsubstantiateable rumor.

The burden of proof is not on Obama to prove that his legal birth certificate is real, the burden of proof is on the accuser as allways, because that's the way justice works.

To say Obama has to prove that this legal birth certificate is valid is placing an unfair burden on the party in question.

He doesn't have to prove anything.

You guys do.

If you don't have any proof, then this is little more than 'yall running his name through the mud because your mad because you don't want him in office..
Last edited by C-Hopkins on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Previous

Return to Off the Topic