Back in Blighty

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Back in Blighty

Postby KEND on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:25 am

Getting acclimatised, meeting up with friends and family. Also to the Brit pub culture, had a night out with some of my students from 2003 at the local, polished off a bottle of red apiece, walked unsteadily home
KEND
Great Old One

Re: Back in Blighty

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:48 am

Good on you. Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you before you left. I'll let you know if I'm ever on the East end of the big pond.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:58 am

Thanks Steve, look forward to it
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:44 pm

"a bottle of red." Red ale, I hopefully presume?

I mean, if we allow wine in pubs, whatever next? Women who are not buxom barmaids? What a ghastly nightmare.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:43 am

You will be pleased to note that I started with a couple of pints of the local bitter but then switched to the more effete taste of my friends. This pub has extremely buxom barmaids, from the realm of valhalla. Found I don't have the capacity for beer any more, now back in my rugby days......
Are you in the UK
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:19 pm

No mate, am in Seoul.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:06 am

KEND wrote:You will be pleased to note that I started with a couple of pints of the local bitter but then switched to the more effete taste of my friends. This pub has extremely buxom barmaids, from the realm of valhalla. Found I don't have the capacity for beer any more, now back in my rugby days......
Are you in the UK

I've definitely found that in certain circles the only thing fit to drink is beer. Others are more universal in their tastes
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:25 am

SNIP
I've definitely found that in certain circles the only thing fit to drink is beer.
SNIP

Likewise. And most particularly at breakfast.
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:42 am

Andy_S wrote:SNIP

And most particularly at breakfast.

Breakfast of Champions
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Andy_S on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:11 pm

Breakfast of Champions:
Pint of stout; two raw eggs added; sink it in one.

After that...

...bring it!
Services available:
Andy_S
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic