Shooting of the Week

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shooting of the Week

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:27 am

you know, w.,
we are all the same and different at once,
you never know what may trigger aggression in someone twisted or not mind...
Things which are no worth of farts for me or you, may creating problem as big as Fuji mountain in someone els head -nuke-
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:20 pm

wiesiek wrote:you know, w.,
we are all the same and different at once,
you never know what may trigger aggression in someone twisted or not mind...
Things which are no worth of farts for me or you, may creating problem as big as Fuji mountain in someone els head -nuke-

yep and then we have "work place violence" just another small problem.....in some one else's head.

National Review columnist criticized Obama for refusing to acknowledge Islamic terrorism as having a role in the shooting.[153][155] On December 6, 2015, in his speech addressing terrorism, Obama included the Fort Hood shooting among Islamic inspired terrorist incidents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Fort_Hood_shooting
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:34 pm

I didn't want to taint Ken's thread, and should have nothing to do with the Brexit. It does relate to questions of mental capacity, motivation and ideology.

The man charged with the murder of Labour MP Jo Cox has appeared in court and been remanded in custody.

Thomas Mair gave his name as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain", when he appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

Mrs Cox, 41, was shot and stabbed in Birstall, West Yorkshire, on Thursday.

Members of her family visited the scene on Saturday to read floral tributes and thank gathered crowds for their support.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:09 am

We have a lot of problems.
Michael

Postby KEND on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:13 am

WTF Two more incidents, in Texas and Oregon, three dead in each. Shooting seems to be becoming the norm for settling arguments, is it a form of population control
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:33 am

I'd say there are enough shooting deaths in the USA or from USA manufactured guns around the world to be a form of population control. But dammit, if I can't walk into a movie theater packing heat and then blow someone away for checking their phone, then I'm just not able to consider myself a free man.
Michael

Postby windwalker on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:40 am

KEND wrote:WTF Two more incidents, in Texas and Oregon, three dead in each. Shooting seems to be becoming the norm for settling arguments, is it a form of population control

yep it sure is, and then we have

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 294
Shot & Wounded: 1625
Total Shot: 1919
Total Homicides: 326

http://heyjackass.com/

just another day in the city
doesnt seem to make the news nor do they need an ideology to justify it
that some seem confused by.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:54 am

windwalker wrote:that some seem confused by.

Quotable
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:03 am

Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:38 am

Statistically there are a lot more cases when a mother kills her child(ren) without any firearms.

And, there are cases like this, too:
http://www.people.com/article/portland- ... e-intruder
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:20 pm

Tell that to her dead kids and her living husband.

The fact is...

People can pick and chose whatever stats will fit their argument. For example gun enthusiasts will often say crime is lower in states with more guns while the facts prove otber.

If you read the story the fact is this lady believed the government was going to take her guns which is she went crazy. So in this case had she not obsessed with guns her family would probably still be alive.

But if instead we must discuss every other case, case by case, of people getting murdered we can do that too but that would have nothing to do with a news story posted for shooting of the week.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:12 pm

Mother shooting home intruder in Portland doesn't qualify as "shooting of the week"? Or should this thread be renamed "shootings of the week that are bad and make us scared and wanting to ban all firearms?"
Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:37 pm

Did she then take out her kids too? Otherwise I doubt it would be the shooting of the week since the other gun lady took out two people which would trump taking out one man. It's simple math.

By the way intruder is defined as someone who enters into a building with criminal intent. We don't know what the intentions were since the man had mental health issues.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm not sure which shooting mom ya'll mean. One shot an intruder in her home (good on her, if he was); and the other shot her two daughters just to make her husband hurt. Unfortunately, there's a shooting of the week almost every day. A couple of kids shot their parents accidentally last week, iinm. A young boy shot his brother dead yesterday in NJ (and the mother is being charged).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:12 pm

Obviuosly I was being facetious, but I don't see how one person protecting home is supposed to erase a mother killing off her children.

D, feel free to post your Portland story or any story for discussion.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic