Shooting of the Week

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shooting of the Week

Postby Taste of Death on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:24 pm

windwalker wrote:
Taste of Death wrote:
He called gays "homos" in a recent post because he knows them so well. Now he's an expert on the black community.

If this was in reference to me, prove it ?
why people have to lie to make some point I dont get.

Ian C. Kuzushi : Also, the same racist and bigoted crap being posted again and again by Windwalker is nothing new, but apparently okay with most everyone on the site.

you do like the names ;)

edited:
no sense in showing clips presenting other view points
you've already said you cant handle it....

Do some research first. I was talking about peacedog. I wouldn't quote you because I skip over your posts. :D
Last edited by Taste of Death on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:22 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:I noticed--and was bothered by--that bigoted language, too. I have to sign in manually every time I visit the site, so I often just read without posting. Also, the same racist and bigoted crap being posted again and again by Windwalker is nothing new, but apparently okay with most everyone on the site. :-\

Not everyone is okay with it, but some people are impervious to feedback, logic, literacy, and reading comprehension. They interpret criticism of their often incomprehensible points of view as personal attacks, fueling their delusions of persecution that are part of why they posted the racist and bigoted claptrap in the first place.
Michael

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Steve James wrote: Of course, just that aspect of this guy's actions sets him apart from every other mass shooting., and it's not like any riot). So, if I were a cop, I'd send in the robot every time.

That said, it does set a precedent. What happens if it's a potential or suspected terrorist who also doesn't want to give up?

If the police reports are correct, he shot 15 people, was caught red-handed in the act, had a long gun battle, then threatened to blow up more people, I think that justifies using a drone, robot, bomb, whatever, if that is only going to endanger the suspect. Something like Africa in Philly 1986 is not the same; there were innocents in the house as well as the dangers of torching an entire street.
Michael

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:55 pm

grzegorz wrote:I was actually referring to the situation in Dallas. Some people believe more guns are the answer for everything but obviously it's a little more complex than that since the police were armed too.

Oh yeah, I knew you were, just adding to that with the other recent example.

The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a robot with a bomb.

I'm thinking there might be a correlation here with the success of Game of Thrones, except instead of swords and plate mail, it's conceal carry glocks, bat belts full of zombiepocalypse gadgets and full body kevlar. And if Jamie Lannister insults your honor in the public house, you've got a mobility scooter mounted on your inferior-manhood-compensating SUV bumper that carries a friggin' bomb.

Social progress is full weaponization. It is known.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:07 pm

Yeah, I have no doubt that we'll see more robots in stand-offs.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:25 am

grzegorz wrote:Yeah, I have no doubt that we'll see more robots in stand-offs.

I've got no problem sending robots in instead of people. I'd probably be against using explosives in most cases. I also realize that it will depend on who, when and where the stand off happens. I'm afraid that in some cases, as in Bangladesh, a large amount of collateral damage would be acceptable.

None of which matters to the odd-madman. But, to the committed suicide assassin, it simply means choosing the best venue. The idea would be to make Americans feel the results of drone warfare.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:42 am

Btw, in relation to what "we" allow or not allow when it comes to specific people, it's the 20th anniversary of the Srebenica massacres. I was in Europe at the time. Even then, because the victims were Muslims (and 10x more "European" than any "American," there wasn't really a whole lot of attention. Maybe it was because people were weary of hearing of the genocides in Rwanda and Burundi. Anywho, in light of the attitudes around now, I just clipped this from the Guardian.

How Britain and the US decided to abandon Srebrenica to its fate

They will fill the VIP stands at Srebrenica next weekend to mark the 20th anniversary of the worst massacre on European soil since the Third Reich; heads of state, politicians, the great and good.

There will be speeches and tributes at the town’s memorial site, Potocari, but the least likely homily would be one that answered the question: how did Srebrenica happen? Why were Bosnian Serb death squads able, unfettered, to murder more than 8,000 men and boys in a few days, under the noses of United Nations troops legally bound to protect the victims? Who delivered the UN-declared “safe area” of Srebrenica to the death squads, and why?

Over two decades, 14 of the murderers have been convicted at the war crimes tribunal in The Hague. The Bosnian Serb political leader Radovan Karadžic and his military counterpart, General Ratko Mladic, await verdicts in trials for genocide. Blame among the “international community”charged with protecting Srebrenica has piled, not without reason, on the head of UN forces in the area, General Bernard Janvier, for opposing intervention – notably air strikes – that might have repelled the Serb advance, and Dutch soldiers who not only failed in their duty to protect Srebrenica but evicted terrified civilians seeking shelter in their headquarters, and watched the Serbs separate women and young children from their male quarry.

Now a survey of the mass of evidence reveals that the fall of Srebrenica formed part of a policy by the three “great powers” – Britain, France and the US – and by the UN leadership, in pursuit of peace at any price; peace at the terrible expense of Srebrenica, which gathered critical mass from 1994 onwards, and reached its bloody denouement in July 1995.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:29 am

Why there won't be a "race" war here, no matter how hard they try.
http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2016/07/11 ... ccorig.cnn
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:49 am

Steve James wrote:Why there won't be a "race" war here, no matter how hard they try.

That's great. I am really not surprised.
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:15 am

Excellent 8-)

Reminiscent of that anti-Muslim woman protester who ended up going into the building and hugging people she was yelling against a minute ago.

Humans...
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:40 am

Here's another http://reverbpress.com/news/black-balti ... ng-police/
Funny how "the media" misses these stories. Or maybe people just don't find what they don't want to believe.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:58 pm

Michael wrote:
Steve James wrote:Why there won't be a "race" war here, no matter how hard they try.

That's great. I am really not surprised.

Thanks for posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrK4liz1XDo
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:37 pm

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:01 pm

Steve James and Peacedog on any given day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L6Dp34RvZY
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Which one of yuse two has the six pack?
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic