Shooting of the Week

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shooting of the Week

Postby Peacedog on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:15 am

It is safe to say neither. Although I am more likely to be the guy eating the bowl of cereal.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:38 am

Ahem, I've been the same weight since I was 30 :). That's just because I'm thin. No one I know would recognize me with a qi-belly, alas.:(
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:50 am

Another shooting although the shooting seems to be secondary to the truck. With so many mass murders happening I am actually glad this glad this thread is around to help me keep track of them because unfortunately these are so common place now that it almost seems like just another news day.

No matter what one's opinions aee of guns these lone wolf attacks are horrible all the way around.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:03 pm

This is entirely understandable, and that's not sarcasm. The request is surprising. (Ok, "Why surprising?" because the argument was that open carry made citizens safer. Even candidates at the convention have argued that "if the President can have armed guards," etc.. God love 'em, but they should be requesting that their constituents come armed. (Btw, I'm not making an "anti-gun" argument. I'm just interested in the difference between theory and practice).

Cleveland police union calls for open-carry ban during GOP convention

With an attack on police in Baton Rouge Sunday leaving three officers dead, Cleveland's police union is calling on Ohio Gov. John Kasich to temporarily ban the open-carry of weapons in the city during the Republican convention this week.

"Somebody in this country has got to stand up and support the police officers," Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association President Steve Loomis told CBS News.

Ohio is an open-carry state, meaning legal gun owners can carry certain types of firearms in plain sight. Per the U.S. Secret Service's guidelines, guns are not allowed in the venue for the convention itself, but they are allowed in the surrounding areas.

Kasich spokeswoman Emmalee Kalmbach said Sunday afternoon that the governor of Ohio does not actually have the legal ability to suspend state laws in the way Loomis and the police union are asking for.

"Law enforcement is a noble, essential calling and we all grieve that we've again seen attacks on officers," Kalmbach said. "Ohio governors do not have the power to arbitrarily suspend federal and state constitutional rights or state laws as suggested. The bonds between our communities and police must be reset and rebuilt--as we're doing in Ohio--so our communities and officers can both be safe. Everyone has an important role to play in that renewal."
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:24 pm

It is a misnomer to think that open carry means the individual with the exposed weapon is the safe one! Actually, that person is overlooked on almost all situation.
Open carry in the hands of the fellow who shot up the police officers only meant that it would be 45% (yep, I am making this up) increase of getting the drop on said police officers since he already drew his weapon and the officers hand theirs holstered and were caught by surprise. I say leave the law how it is in Ohio, reap the benefits of it and see who falls out.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:24 am

What's interesting is that so many people who say we need guns to fight tyranny and oppression seem to be the most upset about the murder of police officers, yet this is what a war against the government would look like. The irony...

To me W is responsible too for allowing the assault rifle ban to expire.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:26 am

do ax and machete needs separate thread?
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:54 am

wiesiek wrote:do ax and machete needs separate thread?

It definitely illustrates how an assualt rifle gives these murders a much higher body count.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:36 am

I was thinkin`, that the truck scored the biggest death cases ,so far.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am

Looks like we are getting it over here too - this happened today, three dead in a quiet rural town

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36834293
Last edited by RobP3 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:21 am

Unfortunately, there are always copy cats. But, imo, it's important to keep it in context. I'll bet there were more people robbed, raped or murdered in the Bronx last night than there were terrorist attacks in Europe.

I also recall a while back when we were talking about the spate of decapitations by flesh-eating maniacs on bath salts.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:00 am

Steve James wrote:Unfortunately, there are always copy cats. But, imo, it's important to keep it in context. I'll bet there were more people robbed, raped or murdered in the Bronx last night than there were terrorist attacks in Europe.

This local one seems more likely to be criminal / family feud than terror - unless there's a non-white person involved of course ;)
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:49 am

It's strange. A crime happens, and people can't decide how important it is until they know who did it.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:42 am

Steve James wrote:I also recall a while back when we were talking about the spate of decapitations by flesh-eating maniacs on bath salts.

Yesterday's news, but it wasn't so much decapitations if I remember correctly, thinking of the infamous Miami one. That was just face eating. Perhaps I differ with you simply because you are referring to some events I do not recall, in which case, I sure do miss the days of good-old-fashioned bath salts decapitations without all these controversial socio-political-religo complications.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:44 am

I was thinking of the guy with the knife on the Greyhound bus somewhere.
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic