had a Fight Club moment at work

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

had a Fight Club moment at work

Postby Pat on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:44 pm

i have a very good friend at work. we talk about about everything, including martial arts, among other things. he is a extremely intelligent and lots of fun to hang out with. plus totally hilarious.

and he challenged me to a fight. it was awesome. i almost hugged him, right then and there, in the break room. how great is that? having a friend that will pull your bitch card at work? i love it. we have yet to set the place, time, and rules, but it the gauntlet has been thrown.

"Pat, i want to fight you! i want to see if what you know is any good. Bring it!"

Abu- it's on. -saber-

"You do not truly know someone until you fight them."- that cool guy from Matrix 2 -whip-

Last edited by Pat on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just Let Your Soul Glo!!!
Pat
Anjing

Re: had a Fight Club moment at work

Postby sayabu on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:49 pm

Pat - my esteemed colleague, as you are aware if peace was a dojo I would be the Sensei.
Having said that, I enjoy thinking ways to have you succumb to my unique southeastern Asian moves. Currently, I am practicing these moves on my 6, 4, and 2 years old sons. They enjoy it, but I enjoy it even more - I just can't believe how strong I am!
Watch it grasshopper... there will be some spontaneous combustion of whoop ass! See me in my ominous move below...

sayabu
Santi

Postby shawnsegler on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:10 pm

Hey, Pat. Not to derail your thread, but I went to pick up my son from preschool yesterday and he's wearing a a luchadores mask that his 1/2 mexican grandmother sent him.

And oh did we get our wrestle on.

Anyway...It was super cute and I'm one of those worthless annoying people with kids who can't stop talking about their kids.

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Visions of Kato attacking Inspector Clouseau come to mind. Don't drop your guard, Pat.
Michael

Postby ashe on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:42 pm

:D
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Walter Joyce on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:54 pm

One of my proudest moments as a father happened when I was teaching MA full time. My son was about 8 and he was at the dojo with me 6 days a week whenever he wasn't in school. Relax, I set up a cool little play room in the spare office so he could hang oput and watch me teach if he felt like it or he could go into his room and play Nintendo or mess around with the mini electric piano.

One day he and I were taking a short walk to the bank and suddenly out of nowhere he hauls off and clocks me square on the solar plexus with a hook punch. It nearly knocked the wind out of me and when I turned to look at him he was beaming with pride as if to say" hey Dad, how was that? pretty good, huh?"

Talk about having your bitch card punched.

He's twenty six now and I hope he doesn't pull that on me now.

8-)
Last edited by Walter Joyce on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The more one sweats during times of peace the less one bleeds during times of war.

Ideology offers human beings the illusion of dignity and morals while making it easier to part with them.
Walter Joyce
Great Old One

Postby Pat on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:43 am

my EF friends, thank you very much for your words. Micheal- gotcha. i will be vigilant. Ashe- thanks for your support. Shawn- that rules. you are one hellva dad, that i am sure of.

to me Walter is one of the wisest of the wise that we have here on EF.

i yearn for the day my son can kick my ass. for then, i will know, i raised a man. i dream about the day my daughter can kick my ass. then i will know i raised an amazon warrior that will bring home a man's head on a spear!

guys- my friend, Abu, took my bait and registered here on EF.

WELCOME ABU!!! this is one of my favorite interweb places. these are great guys. i have met many good friends here.

and Abu-
Pat
Anjing

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:57 am

A guy at my old job actually did have a private fight club. He had a penthouse apartment in downtown and would have people there all the time. The security officer at the front door would be like, "oh, more victims" when guests he's never seen before would show up.
Chris Fleming

Postby Harvey on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:13 am

Bathroom dude, it's the worst place to be Kato'd. Remember bathroom.
Feck You You Feckin Fecker
Harvey
Great Old One

Postby cerebus on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:52 am

And remember this: Video, or it didn't happen!! Hey, we wanna see too ;D ...
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:44 pm

Abu:

Pat is a big girl's blouse and will be a pushover.

Make sure you bite at least one of his ears off as he lies cringing and blubbering in a puddle of piss.

Walter:

Well, as an MA instructor you proved pathetically incapable of defending yourself against the little fellow, but if he does it now he has manned-up - sue his socks off!
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby chud on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Michael wrote:Visions of Kato attacking Inspector Clouseau come to mind. Don't drop your guard, Pat.

Man, the Pink Panther was on the classic movie channel the other night and I saw one of those Kato-Clouseau surprise attack scenes...I was laughing harder than I have in years. They just don't make good comedy like that any more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcHboPzgzHk

chud
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:55 am

Awesome.

Welcome Abu!

As a side note -- Pat, if you ever have to fight Shawn -- wear that same T-shirt, and you will have an immediate psychological advantage. ;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Pat on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:13 am

dude, what are you sayin about our very own Seglerz? is he afraid of clowns? or are you sayin i should go with this tactic?

"yo Shawn. i heard you like to wrestle. RRR!!!"
Pat
Anjing

Postby Dmitri on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:37 am

I was thinking clowns, but now that I see this one, I'm thinking it might work just as well.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic