Question for military men

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Question for military men

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:54 am

Just wondering, is it normal for the military to be having a pair of jets flying a circular pattern (rather low too) mainly around a city's residential neighborhood? The only base I'm aware of is a lot further north.
Chris Fleming

Re: Question for military men

Postby qiphlow on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:26 am

who knows? but i'm sure udel will have a theory...
;)
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Chris McKinley on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:09 am

Gotta remember to turn off the communicator when you're done contacting the mothership. They've triangulated your position. All they're doing now is scouting for the best flight approach pattern for the silent black helos. I'd start setting out the D-Con Ninja motels now. It's only a few short hours till nightfall.....
Chris McKinley

Postby Michael on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:59 pm

It's only called a "theory" because modern science is open-minded enough to allow for other possibilities even though you've just outed yourself and qiphlow because it is a well-accepted fact the only reason for military planes to fly low in a circular pattern over a residential area is to recon the special radiation of Jeff's salty, chocolate glowing balls of qi. ;
Michael

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:29 pm

qiphlow wrote:who knows? but i'm sure udel will have a theory...
;)

Something to do with FEMA camps? ;D
Chris Fleming

Postby Pat on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:36 pm

yo Chris, it was probably just routine stuff around Camp Mabry in town. plus we have Fort Sam and Lackland in San Antonio.

BTW- i am ready for the revolution. but i could use a little more ammo...well...at least i'm ready for the Undead Invasion! garden tools work best on them.
Just Let Your Soul Glo!!!
Pat
Anjing

Postby Chris Fleming on Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:53 pm

I figured as much. Just thought I'd ask. I was swinging some kettlebells outside on this beautiful day and I hear this rumble and was like, things that make you go hmmm....

I'm read for the zombies too. Swords will be my weapon of choice.

Here's something Doc sent around some time ago. Funny shit:

California Highway Patrol vs Marines

Two California Highway Patrol (CHP) Officers were conducting speeding enforcement on Interstate-15, just north of the Marine Corps Air Station at Miramar. One of the officers was using a hand held radar device to check speeding vehicles approaching the crest of a hill.

The officers were suddenly surprised when the radar gun began reading 300 miles per hour. The officer attempted to reset the radar gun, but it would not reset and then turned off. Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact locked on to a USMC F/A-18 Hornet that was engaged in a low flying exercise near the location.

Back at the CHP Headquarters the Patrol Captain fired off a complaint to the USMC Base Commander. The reply came back in true USMC style:

Thank you for your letter.

We can now complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked on to, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it, which is why it shut down. Furthermore, an Air-to-Ground missile aboard the fully armed aircraft had also automatically locked on to your equipment location.

Fortunately, the Marine Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was able to override the automated defense system before the missile was launched to destroy the hostile radar position.

The pilot also suggests you cover your mouths when cussing at them, since the video systems on these jets are very high tech. Sergeant Johnson, the officer holding the radar gun, should get his dentist to check his left rear molar. It appears the filling is loose. Also, the snap is broken on his holster.

Thank you for your concern.
Semper Fi.
Chris Fleming

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:37 pm

Affirmative, Chris. Roger that. ;)

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-18.htm

Devil Dogs Rule, man! 8-)

Semper Fi ~

Doc
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:20 am

for the record, by giant glowing qi balls are just that, and neither chocolate nor salty.
now go apologize to the creators of south park, michael.
:)
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:35 am

Hey did you know they put ALL the old episodes of South Park on the web, for free? Pretty cool, huh.

12 seasons available
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/

Not that I would ever really watch the episodes, except for the purpose of sociological studies.

[East Coast, Ivy League intellectual, Norman Mailer, William F. Buckley, Jr. accent = ON]
You see, from my completely objective vantage point high atop Mount Rhetoric, I am free from all bias and therefore never draw conclusions about anything I perceive, merely floating through time whilst my large, alien head pulses with superior knowledge, knowledge that you humans, who watch Southpark through your emotionally biased, tiny human pea-brains, can not possibly comprehend without the benefit of the overflowing omniscience granted to me from detachment. Now please excuse me while I retire to the enrichment chamber from which I draw the pure sustenance necessary to maintain my existence here on your lowly plain of biased and emotional perception.
[accent = OFF]

Last edited by Michael on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby zenman on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:20 am

Sometimes the entire Bangladeshi Air Force flies over my house. Makes all kinds of damn racket. I wish someone would shoot those three jets down.
zenman
Anjing

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:33 am

OMG, zenman is a turrist! ;)
Michael

Postby Andy_S on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:06 am

You are in terrible danger. Dig a slit trench in your garden immediately: six feet long, two feet wide, five feet deep. (If the worse comes to the worse, this can be used to bury you in.)

If possible, dig deeper: A bunker with six to eight feet of overhead cover is ideal. Make sure that the freshly turned earth is well camouflaged - it is a dead giveaway to air recce. Do NOT look up at the jets when they fly overhead: pilots can spot white, upturned faces from above, they provide a great aiming mark.

If there are telephone poles in your neighbourhood, stretch hit tensile steel cable between them to shred the jets on their strafing runs.

And most critically of all, deal with the whitest and most vulnerable target on the battlefield:
Before you take a tactical crap, ensure that you have applied fresh streaks of cammo cream to your arse.

Good luck!
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Re: Bangladesh Air Force

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:20 pm

C'mon now, zenman, the Bangladesh Air Force isn't that bad! :-\ You should get in touch with them as I understand they're always looking for some fresh meat....um, fresh recruits. ;)

Doc
Last edited by Doc Stier on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Chris Fleming on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:30 pm

Doc Stier wrote:Affirmative, Chris. Roger that. ;)

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-18.htm

Devil Dogs Rule, man! 8-)

Semper Fi ~

Doc

You da man, Sifu Stier!
Chris Fleming

Return to Off the Topic