Cry me a river RNC.

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Cry me a river RNC.

Postby jimmy on Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:40 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage
jimmy
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:31 am

Watch "Ben Carson Goes Off On Reporters Over West Point Questions (11-6-15)" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/_6lrvu5y-d8
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:18 am

It's ironic because he never really said that he was accepted, only that someone said he could get him in. That is, in fact, the way it works. Someone has to recommend you for acceptance, usually a member of Congress. So, this is something that he could have just brushed off like the comments about his religious beliefs. His response seems disproportionate to the criticism.

Anyway, if he doesn't like having the minutest aspects of his life examined, he's not in for any treats. But, I think it's really funny that he's saying that "Obama's academic records were sealed." This is just Republican past practices coming back to bite them in the ass. Since when has a candidate's academic record (or birth certificate) been questioned or scrutinized? Who started that bullshit in order to disqualify a candidate? ;) I'm waiting to hear more about Trump's academic record. "I heard" that he wasn't a great student.

Afa the way Carson responded, he seemed totally flustered to the point where he couldn't even listen to the question. I'd say that he's used to being in control of those around him (as in the operating room), and that he doesn't function as well when he's not. He's been in control of his personal narrative, but --to be sure-- the media will dig even deeper into his life and the lives of his friends and family no matter what he says. The endless scrutiny is why many people don't seek the presidency. But, ya can't start now to say that there's too much intrusion or that people misinterpret or make up things about one's life. Especially not after the two last elections, but it goes back farther than that.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:52 pm

He was definitely uncomfortable being up there.

I just don't get why he would lie about that when he's already accomplished so much as a doctor.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:59 pm

I think in this case, Carson's responses are more important than the non-issue he was responding to. He doesn't know how to handle this situation. He's politically immature or possibly inept. Same for Rand Paul.
Michael

Postby Michael on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:05 am

Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:05 am

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:45 am

Steve James wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEMA0SZuOOk

Funny, and my first time to see the new host. Looked good.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:56 am

Egyptian archaeologists don't believe Carson's theory about pyramid.

CAIRO — Egyptian antiquities officials on Monday scoffed at claims by Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson that Egypt's ancient pyramids were not built as pharaonic tombs but used to store grain.

"Does he even deserve a response? He doesn't," Antiquities Minister Mamdouh el-Damaty told the Associated Press on the sidelines of a news conference about recent thermal scans of the pyramids that revealed some anomalies that could lead to new discoveries about their construction.

Carson's comments have received little attention in Egypt, where people are accustomed to accepted expert views about the 4,500-year-old structures, but have drawn interest in the United States where the retired neurosurgeon has jumped to the top of the crowded Republican presidential field.

Last week, Carson stood by his belief that Egypt's great pyramids were built by the Biblical figure Joseph to store grain, an assertion dismissed by experts who say its accepted science that they were tombs for pharaohs.

Mahmoud Afifi, the head of the Ancient Egyptian Antiquities Sector at the Antiquities Ministry said Carson's comments are similar to other inaccurate theories about the pyramids, including that those that say they were built by Atlanteans from a mythical lost continent.

"A lot of people are trying to prove that the pyramids weren't built for burials," said Afifi. "Maybe they're comments used for publicity like that man who's not an archaeologist and says they stored grain, and I don't know what that was based on."

Video posted online Wednesday by Buzzfeed News shows Carson explaining his theory 17 years ago at a Michigan college affiliated with his Seventh-day Adventist Church.

In the video, Carson says: "My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids in order to store grain." He was referring to the Old Testament story of Joseph predicting famine and advising the pharaoh to store surplus food.

Carson said that's more likely than the accepted archaeological conclusion that the massive structures were built as tombs for pharaohs. At a book signing Thursday in Florida, Carson stood by his statement.

"Some people believe in the Bible like I do and don't find that to be silly at all, and believe that God created the Earth and don't find that to be silly at all," Carson said. "The secular progressives try to ridicule it every time it comes up and they're welcome to do that."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:19 am

Another actual story that can not be distinguished from onion trolling.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:09 am

Michael wrote:Ben Carson connects to the American yoots with some rap!

Ben Carson's Rap Ad Is Here to Ruin Your Day

https://soundcloud.com/abcpolitics/ben-carson-radio-ad

-why-
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:44 am

grzegorz wrote:
Michael wrote:Ben Carson connects to the American yoots with some rap!

Ben Carson's Rap Ad Is Here to Ruin Your Day

https://soundcloud.com/abcpolitics/ben-carson-radio-ad

-why-

But you're the target audience. -bolt-
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:09 pm

Those in favor of "job creation" should also be concerned with wages, imo. I thought Trump's remark was a mis-speak.

WASHINGTON — It was a debate remark so unusual that some people thought it a slip of the tongue, but on Wednesday, Donald Trump redoubled his claim that U.S. "wages are too high."

"We have to become competitive with the world," he said Wednesday in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" broadcast from St. Anselm College in New Hampshire.

"Our taxes are too high, our wages are too high, everything is too high," he said. "People are going to start firing people" because costs are excessive, he added.

Most presidential hopefuls this year, including all of the Democratic candidates and many of the Republicans, have argued the opposite — that stagnant wages for American workers are a central problem facing the economy.

Trump, however, stuck to his line, even as he conceded that it might not be popular.

"We're becoming a noncompetitive country, that's the problem," he said. "It's a tough position politically," he added, "first time in my life I'm a politician."

How politically tough his stance proves may depend on whether any of Trump's rivals decides to make an issue of it. For almost any other political figure in almost any other campaign year, a public claim that Americans are paid too much would be considered a career-ending event. Trump, however, has already survived several remarks that political analysts and Republicans running against him thought fatal to his campaign.

This remark, however, could have the potential to damage Trump more than others because his strongest base of support has been among blue-collar Republicans, who may be particularly sensitive about being told that workers earn too much.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:25 pm

Trump wrote:"We have to become competitive with the world," he said Wednesday in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" broadcast from St. Anselm College in New Hampshire.

"Our taxes are too high, our wages are too high, everything is too high," he said. "People are going to start firing people" because costs are excessive, he added.

Competitive with the world by lowering wages and taxes, he says? USA can not be directly competitive with factories that exist where there are few regulations and workers are in completely different conditions that keep costs a little lower. USA should protect its workers, industries and markets in order to maintain its standard of living and safety for workers and to keep the factories open at home by using protective tariffs on goods and services and tax regulations on multi-national corporations.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:35 pm

And I thought people said he was (a billionaire) whose independence would make him a friend of the "working man."

It's a bit ironic too, since in some companies, the CEOs make (at least) 100 times the salary that their average workers do.
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic