My Ghost Story

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

My Ghost Story

Postby Bill on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:58 pm

I just came across this on the web and was reminded of my own ghost story.....

The Winchester Mystery House
In 1881, Sarah Winchester, the widow of famous gun maker Oliver Winchester, became convinced that she needed protection from the evil spirits of all the people killed by Winchester rifles. A psychic advised her to continually add rooms to her San Jose, California, mansion to confuse any ghosts that may try to find her. (It's not clear why ghosts, which can supposedly move through walls, would be confused by the rooms, but it apparently made sense to Winchester.) She did so for nearly forty years, adding more than 100 rooms and staircases, until her death in 1922. After Sarah's death, her own ghost was said to haunt the halls of her mazelike mansion. Today the building remains a popular tourist attraction, a bizarre monument to superstition and paranoia.

My Story
Back in the early 70's my family took a vacation trip to northern Cal and visited the Winchester House. We all took the tour and it was interesting. After the tour was over I started investigating the house, walking around to different areas. I was on the 2nd fl and really needed to go to the bathroom badly. I walked into a room that appeared to be a very old fashioned office. Quite nice with a homey feel to it. I looked around and then noticed an older woman, dressed in turn of the century clothing. I asked her if she knew where there was a bathroom I could use and she pointed to a door in the office. I opened the door and saw a nice bathroom and asked if she was sure I could use it. She appeared amused and nodded her head in the afirmative. After I came out of the bathroom the woman was no longer there.
I went downstairs to meet back up with my family and I told them the story. Two employees of the House heard me, asked me to repeat the story and then said that they knew of no such employee, an older woman dressed in an old style. They looked at each other with a look of 'Wow' !
So, I think I met with Sarah Winchester.

Anybody have any good ghost stories ?
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Re: My Ghost Story

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:18 pm

Damn dude a ghost told you where to piss. Thats freaking awesome.

At the house I just moved out of I would occassionally hear what sounded like women talking on the porch on nice days. Everyone also gets a creepy feeling upstairs and its supposedly haunted by the ghost of a young man. Harmless though.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Bill on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:41 pm

Thanks

My brothers first house in Mexico was reputed to be haunted. One night, while I was there alone, I woke to the sounds of what appeared to be a large party going on in the Den room. It sounded like alot of people talking with maybe some music playing in the background. As soon as I exited the bedroom into the hallway where I could see into the den room, the sounds stopped. I turned the lights on and looked around but it was just me in the house.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby fuga on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:55 pm

Doesn't sound like ghosts to me.

fuga
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:55 pm

cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:03 pm

cdobe

That photo shows a roundish face. The woman I saw had a thinner face.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Craig on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:05 pm

My uncle gets harrassed by ghosts all the time, probably once a month. while he is sleeping he says he feels someone pulling on his hands or on his blankets, or generally moving him about, and it continues after he wakes. He has been to visit several psychics and they just say that the ghosts are drawn to him and are looking for help of some sort. He says he's used to it now, and he'll just say "Go away I cant help you" and he wont be bothered for another month or so.
Craig
Great Old One

Postby cdobe on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:08 pm

Bill wrote:cdobe

That photo shows a roundish face. The woman I saw had a thinner face.

Maybe this one:

Bottom row, second from right
cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:12 pm

That's closer, alot closer.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby qiphlow on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:20 pm

my older daughter's high school is haunted by a young boy--they always hear sounds like someone is rolling a ball on the floor above their classrooms.

esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:30 pm

I've also been to L.A. Counties haunted firestation, Fire Station 148 The Ghost House.

It's supposed to be haunted by the ghost of a fireman who passed away there. While I was there I didn't see a ghost , but when I got back in my van to leave I noticed someone/something had drawn an 'unhappy face' in the dust on my passenger side mirror. There was no one at the station while I was there.
Last edited by Bill on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby C-Hopkins on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:32 pm

Ghost caught on tape:

Last edited by C-Hopkins on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby qiphlow on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:08 pm

GODDAMMIT! you got me !
>:( ;D
esoteric voodoo wizard
qiphlow
Great Old One

Postby Dr.Rob on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:18 pm

OOOO I love theese things...when I use to crash at my mom's childhood home in Nova Scotia...all kinds come out. My grandfather drowned in front of the house when I was small. You can hear him waking around...see him standing in the driveway when it storms. But the best...I and my brothers have all had him lift us by are big toe...It wakes you right up. Your leg a good 2 feet in the air. When I asked my uncles and aunts about it...they said thats how he would get them up in the morning.

I shit...couldn't sleep for hours the next night. Then he did it again. I went out and slept in the car.
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby C-Hopkins on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:02 pm

qiphlow wrote:GODDAMMIT! you got me !
>:( ;D

-freddy-
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Next

Return to Off the Topic