BREXIT

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby KEND on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:25 pm

I feel that the parliament approval is not unreasonable, it is a guard against a populist movement with a charismatic leader taking over the country and usurping parliament. I was and still am in favour of brexit, but an event which is so momentous has to be done right. There will no doubt be amendments but that will not stop it if the will of the people is behind it. The lords, a house of privilege and the elite is largely remain but will be eventually sidelined. No one knows what the future holds, not the statisticians, not the experts[who are now admitting they were wrong]. There are some advantages to remaining but the inherent corruption of the EU as a political entity far outweighs the downside.
KEND
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:29 pm

It is a little like our electorial college. The people wanted Hillary but the electorial college...

Good luck with being outraged looks like for you guys things will flip the other way.

Good for British expats living in actual Europe the Pro-Brexit campaign was all based on lies anyway much like our own presdient twitter.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:41 am

Watching Theresa May say at May/Trump press conference that they want a UK/US trade deal.

Oh goodie! Goodie! Goodie! So the US gets to take advantage of vanishing EU. It is no wonder president twitter keeps saying the EU will disappear.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby liokault on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:21 pm

We need a wall to keep the job steeling poles out.
Last edited by liokault on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liokault
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:39 pm

grzegorz wrote:Image

Coming from a guy who has a union job this is very rich what would you say if some of those illegals started to driving the trucks that you drive. The industry I work in is not unionized, illegals help to drive the wages down
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Stop voting red, form a union and boom problem solved.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:34 pm

[quote] what would you say [to those Americans who hire] some of those illegals,,,]?

I'd say hire U.S. citizens. (Mexicans are Americans too). Is there a shortage? And unions might help.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Just reading about May's visit. Brilliant piece of politics, she turned it into a 'us ' and 'them' situation vis a vis China, strengthening her position with the EU and China. Of course she lost credibility and dignity but in the new rough and tumble political world she learns fast. I see the diplomats are resigning in droves, its a new game.
KEND
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:55 pm

So England wants to ditch the EU and embarce the US?

Don't worry we won't abuse you too much.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:58 pm

grzegorz wrote:Stop voting red, form a union and boom problem solved.

I am serious by the way because the same stuff happens to workers of all kinds in their forties and fifties. They get dumped for more energetic young people who are happy with low wage since it is one of their first jobs and a lack benefits is not a concern for most single young people.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:26 pm

Wow, I guess all those young people looking for jobs have to compete with illegals who work for less but some don't mind.

Some of the machine shops I worked in hired illegals "not knowingly", while no one complained directly they did complain about wages, which for the most part were below market rate for a number of reasons, illegals helped to bring it down. ….We're not talking about low skilled jobs either.

Illegals are illegal in the US, they should be deported...The job market is only part of the problem.
Older workers 8-) In high tech, the older workers are more valued for the knowledge base they have.
They don’t get dumped for energetic young people who don’t know anything. Most of the jobs I'm talking about
its about 2 to 3 yrs of training.....

It’s ok soon for driving jobs. Technology will take care it.

Does the teamster union hire or allow illegals to be drivers?

When I was in it they didn’t, maybe times have changed.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:45 pm

i think you are confused. We were talking about Poles in the UK, they are not illegal. I just made a joke from an insult because bloke thinks I am a Pole.

And robots or not I will still have a job. I can go back to vending machines which is also union and a lot less physically demanding but much more tedious. I will also have my class A soon so I will be fine. Tractor trailers might be robotic someday but I (as well as you) will be long gone by then.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:51 pm

your a yank,,like the rest of us here.....at least thats what the brits in the army units I worked with called us...among other things.

If I took the post wrong sorry,,, :-\
talked with people on both sides,,,no real good answer
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:53 pm

windwalker wrote:your a yank,,like the rest of us here.....at least thats what the brits in the army units I worked with called us...among other things.

If I took the post wrong sorry,,, :-\
talked with people on both sides,,,no real good answer

Yeah a yank but in a family of EU passport holders.

I lived in Europe before in case you missed that.

Outside of that you've lost me.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic