BREXIT

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby GrahamB on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:00 am

Canada could win big out of this:

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby David Boxen on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:37 pm

We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves. - Norbert Wiener
David Boxen
Huajing

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Seems to me that this isn't really the time to discuss open borders with the Brits.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ester.html

Good to see the other passengers support the Mexican-American being yelled at.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:29 pm

grzegorz wrote:Seems to me that this isn't really the time to discuss open borders with the Brits.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ester.html

Good to see the other passengers support the Mexican-American being yelled at.

No matter what anybody says they have that right to come here and choose to live here and they should not be discriminated against for that.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4D0gd5h6g
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

do you support this statement.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:32 pm

In my Trump template of reference, what kind and type of UK citizen is named Boris?
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby mrtoes on Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:52 pm

yeniseri wrote:In my Trump template of reference, what kind and type of UK citizen is named Boris?

According to friends who know him, he is a high functioning sociopath who conceals his ambition beneath a show of loveable idiocy.

Matthew
mrtoes
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:45 am

Apparently, Boris is taking a pass on this one.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:03 am

Strange thing about Boris is that he seemed to paint a vision which was the best of both worlds an independent UK but with all the advantages of an EU member state.

"British people will still be able to go and work in the EU; to live; to travel; to study; to buy homes and to settle down…there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market…The only change – and it will not come in any great rush – is that the UK will extricate itself from the EU’s extraordinary and opaque system of legislation." - Boris

I'm not surprised things didn't work out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 11456.html
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:15 am

I just thought that, since he was one of the staunchest advocates, he'd want to be the leader, too. Anyway, what is Beano?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:41 am

Interesting reading the comments. It seems the Brexit people were misled, of course I'm biased.

I am impressed that since Boris can't deliver his party doesn't want him.

It seems that Trump could never have a shot at political power there. What does that say about the US?
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:47 am

grzegorz wrote:Strange thing about Boris is that he seemed to paint a vision which was the best of both worlds an independent UK but with all the advantages of an EU member state.

"British people will still be able to go and work in the EU; to live; to travel; to study; to buy homes and to settle down…there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market…The only change – and it will not come in any great rush – is that the UK will extricate itself from the EU’s extraordinary and opaque system of legislation." - Boris

I'm not surprised things didn't work out.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 11456.html

Well, at least we made the rest of the world laugh :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfqSFQlDae8
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:49 am

Steve James wrote:I just thought that, since he was one of the staunchest advocates, he'd want to be the leader, too. Anyway, what is Beano?

It's a very old and established British comic for kids full of outlandish characters. Actually, my mate writes for it - he posted "Boris would not be welcome on the Beano - could you all please stop saying that?"

The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:07 am

As for Boris: On the 100th anniversary of the Battle of the Somme, Kipling's 'Epitaph to a Dead Statesman', published in 1919, seems to echo recent events as much as those of a century ago.

I could not dig: I dared not rob:
Therefore I lied to please the mob.
Now all my lies are proved untrue
And I must face the men I slew.
What tale shall serve me here among
Mine angry and defrauded young?
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:34 am

yeniseri wrote:In my Trump template of reference, what kind and type of UK citizen is named Boris?

Ironically, one who's family were Turkish muslim immigrants

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2480251/Boris-Johnson-Im-London-Mayor-Muslim-extraction.html
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:23 am

I hope it will be Gove, he was always the brains behind it anyway.
He'd be the right choice for what lies ahead.

As much as I think Boris is 'a good bloke', I'm not sure he was right for that post anyway. Ever so slightly above his station if I may be so bold.

You'll survive Graham, I'm sure the tears will run dry sooner or later ;)

Rob.. I'm not sure what the irony is there, I don't think this was about "those bloody immigrants" for many "leavers". It comes down to having at the very least a semblance and modicum of control of our borders. This is something that could well tear Europe down, a simplistic view of it, doesn't do anyone any favours I'm afraid.

Everyone loves to talk about influx, but no one mentions the places in Europe that it drains and shrinks (like Lithuania and it's towns/ cities) at the same time when people can just get up and go to wherever the goings better. Not saying that should be discouraged, but the way the EU is set up right now is just way below good or optimal for many involved IMHO.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic