BREXIT

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:45 am

KEND wrote:Hollande tells May that free movement across borders is mandatory. When I last checked H was president of france not the EU. So he should STFU and attend to his own problems, which may in part be due to open borders and poor cooperation of security within the EU

Mandatory as a condition for free trade. I think everyone saw this coming. You can't have one without the other which is also the case in Norway and Switzerland. Since England is no longer at the table they can take it or leave it but I don't believe they have much power to negotiate.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby KEND on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:20 am

A free trade zone does not imply free movement of people across borders, just goods. There seems to be an impression that the UK should come begging, this is not true, in many ways the EU needs the UK more than the reverse, there are already suitors lining up. For example I read that Bavaria exports 7bn euros of car related gods to the UK, you think that will not affect Germany's take on the situation. Part of this is Hollande, not the most macho of men has to be seen to be standing up to the Brits. I was reading '1000 Years of Annoying the French: by Stephen Clarke ' very amusing and insightful book which explains why the Brits and French like pissing each other off
KEND
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:39 am

I think the EU will continue with or without England. I hear you but I doubt that the EU will offer that because of a parts factory in Germany and I say that because the EU will lose more if other countries leave.

Yes, it's a rigged system. (The same for Bernie for president. Some people are upset saying that the system is rigged and all I can wonder is how it took an adult a whole lifetime to figure that out?) And if the EU rewards countries for leaving, by giving them an excellent deal, the whole thing will split up.

OTOH we refinanced and my mortgage went down due to interest rates dropping to counter the impact of the Brexit on the world economy. So thanks England.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:19 am

KEND wrote:Like any other product, buyer beware. If you have been involved with healthy living for a while you become aware of the better companies. That being said I was a long time user of Chinese herbs but I wouldn't touch anything coming in from the mainland with barge pole
On the debit side of brexit it looks as if atomic energy is raising its ugly discredited head and GMO's are a possibility. [Bayer bought out Monsanto so they could be introduced into the EU] Batten down the hatches

Perhaps this news better illustrates what I was trying to say about how things work over here.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/07/27/ ... pplements/
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:48 am, edited 9 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:58 am

[Bayer bought out Monsanto so they could be introduced into the EU] Batten down the hatches

When evil fights evil, good thrives, but when evil becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of evil, then what? :P >:@
Last edited by Michael on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby KEND on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:52 am

Brexit goes on and on, 'hard', 'soft', ''grey' etc. Challenges, waiting on whether it should be voted in parliament, delays, will it be worth it in the end. There will be a period of confusion and pain but in the end I think it will be worth it. The EU as I predicted is in meltdown, the populist right wing meme that consumed the USA is spreading like a virus, Austria has a far right leader, Italy will soon follow, France will have a right of center pres next year, Holland, Belgium, Hungary and even Sweden are going in that direction.
Putin I am sure had a hand in it but it was in a way the perfect storm, the gap between the rich and poor, the forcible spread of the 'global economy' with treaties and pacts favoring the corporations over the workers, the 'arab spring' probably covertly pushed by the west creating an unmanageable mass of refugees, mostly muslim, adding religion to the mix, the IMF running over anyone who got in its way,
We live in interesting times
KEND
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:28 am

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:02 am

The EU as I predicted is in meltdown, the populist right wing meme that consumed the USA is spreading like a virus, Austria has a far right leader, Italy will soon follow, France will have a right of center pres next year, Holland, Belgium, Hungary and even Sweden are going in that direction.

“the populist right wing meme that consumed the USA "
wow as opposed to people trying to retain their culture, languages and borders.
Whats called democracy, people like it until they lose. Its ok as long as they win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6cuOEkvfRU
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:25 am

Putin I am sure had a hand in it

You may “feel” he had a hand it can you
show what “Putin” did .
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:07 am

this is now
Left-wing activists, including members of the local Green party, have criticised the police for focusing their security efforts too clearly at the same groups which were identified as the main perpetrators of the 2016 attacks. The comments came after Cologne police controlled thousands of so-called ‘Nafris’ — North Africans — as they attempted to enter the city centre ring of steel.

Germany’s Deutsche Welle reports the remarks of Green party chairman Simone Peter who noted that while the measures had worked, he doubted the legality of the police’s actions. He said: “It raises the question of proportionality and legality when around 1,000 people were checked and partially detained based on their appearance alone.”

Meanwhile left-wing politician Christopher Lauer, active at times with the Social Democrats and Pirate Protest Party, said of the terms used by Cologne police that it was “sweeping prejudice against an entire group of people based on their appearance”.“I regard this term as highly dehumanizing.”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/01 ... operation/

This is then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjkUVJ3E2Uw
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:37 am

Breitbart? Gee, why am I not surprised to see you getting your information from yet another racist source?

From their own former editor: "Former editor-at-large Ben Shapiro wrote that under Bannon's leadership, "Breitbart has become the alt-right go-to website… pushing white ethno-nationalism as a legitimate response to political correctness, and the comment section turning into a cesspool for white supremacist mememakers."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breitbart ... _of_racism
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:50 am

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby liokault on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:45 am

grzegorz wrote:
KEND wrote:Hollande tells May that free movement across borders is mandatory. When I last checked H was president of france not the EU. So he should STFU and attend to his own problems, which may in part be due to open borders and poor cooperation of security within the EU

Mandatory as a condition for free trade. I think everyone saw this coming. You can't have one without the other which is also the case in Norway and Switzerland. Since England is no longer at the table they can take it or leave it but I don't believe they have much power to negotiate.

How do we not have much power to negotiate?

We have a deficite in every sector other than banking, we are the biggest individual buyer of german made cars, we import 48 billion of agricultural goods against 18 billion we sell back to the EU. How is falling back on WTO rules a bad thing? Any tariff applied would hurt the EU more than the UKl

Also, how long has the EU got to run....10 years?
liokault
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:40 pm

No thanks to the UK.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:34 am

Brexit ruling: UK Supreme Court gives parliament Article 50 vote
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/24/europe/br ... index.html

I.e., no Brexit without Parliament; but, it's more complicated than that.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic