BREXIT

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby cloudz on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:58 am

right so share you opinion without all the bullshit please. why does it matter to you, why do have the opinion you have? You have not said a word like other people have from our shores.
I don't think anyone needs to have their mind changed now, so there's no need for that kind of thing.
We had the bullshit campaigns, now the bullshit aftermath and I don't think any Brit here who voted can be bothered or wants to rehash that kind of thing anymore.

It's a whole other thing to give your heartfelt opinion.

So the floor is yours, as it has been since the OP. Say what you have to say, that's fine you want us to hear your opinion and I would never actually deny both our rights to a voice. It's your bullshit that comes with it I don't want any part of, so don't address me or quote me, just do what you say you want to do and give us the lowdown of why you feel and think the way you do. And you hint you have personal reasons or connections. Well great because In the end, this is personal and you need to keep it that way.
The old man calmly said: “Among the mighty are those who are mightier. In martial arts, no one presumes to praise his own ability. But because you are young, you don't know the scale of the world, and are unaware of how ridiculous you are. Why be upset?”
cloudz
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:00 am
Location: London UK

Re: BREXIT

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:27 am

cloudz wrote:right so share you opinion without all the bullshit please. why does it matter to you, why do have the opinion you have? You have not said a word like other people have from our shores.
I don't think anyone needs to have their mind changed now, so there's no need for that kind of thing.
We had the bullshit campaigns, now the bullshit aftermath and I don't think any Brit here who voted can be bothered or wants to rehash that kind of thing anymore.

It's a whole other thing to give your heartfelt opinion.

So the floor is yours, as it has been since the OP. Say what you have to say, that's fine you want us to hear your opinion and I would never actually deny both our rights to a voice. It's your bullshit that comes with it I don't want any part of, so don't address me or quote me, just do what you say you want to do and give us the lowdown of why you feel and think the way you do. And you hint you have personal reasons or connections. Well great because In the end, this is personal and you need to keep it that way.


If you can't handle someone quoting you then don't post. I am not going to follow your rules, we are all adults here and I really don't care what you or anyone else in the U.K. think me so if you don't like it then find another way of expressing your politics outside of posting on internet forums. I never had any issues with you and I still don't, we disagree and I am was more than willing to debate with you, jokes and all but it's obvious that your anger got the best of you and I'm bored now but I am but going anywhere and I will quote you or anyone I disagree with. (Funny that I am supposedly the self-entitled one.) Besides this Brexit issue has just begun so I will keep posting and we'll continue this discussion with or without you.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Fascists rejected reason in the name of will, denying objective truth in favor of a glorious myth articulated by leaders who claimed to give voice to the people."

-Timothy Snyder
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: BREXIT

Postby cloudz on Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:50 am

Whatever.

So what's your actual opinion then, or are you just here for the fun of it. Like I said I'm not debating my opinion, I made up my mind after quite some time. And I heard plenty of arguments.

Of course you can do what you have to your end - I'm not that foolish to really think otherwise silly boy.

If you think you're going to change anyone's opinion who voted at this point then you are kidding yourself mate.
So if you want to waste your time, be my guest. As for what happens now, it really has little to do with an opinion regards Brexit.
It's about pragmatism now. But what the hell can you appreciate about that eh. How is it affecting you ?

What's your reasons for your opinion again?

Otherwise I fail to see what you get from this other than trying to be a tool to people you don't agree with.
I've seen that from you with a mate of mine who posted when that Ukraine stuff happened.
I have no interest in that crap, but if you find one of us to bait into your bullshit then good for you.

I started a thread on Brexit in another forum actually, I stop posting the day the result came in.
I just had a simple message for all the people having a cow.
And I had actually stopped posting in it some time before.
I contemplated my vote for some time already, so I am well and truly done figuring out my position and what it's based on.
I'm not obliged to share fuck all with you from this point.

You want to quote me, of course, you should , you might even learn something ;D

I only chipped in here because I know some of these guys and trust them (well maybe not Graham)
And felt (more like) we were just shooting the breeze about it with them. (Rob, mr.toes, Chris)
Of course people wanted to talk about some things, emotions ran high for a moment.. all well and good. It's back to business and making the best of it and what will be, (will be).
I'm moving on from all the bollocks because I have a serious business I am a Director and shareholder of and I have more to lose from this than you that's for sure.
But you brought the bollocks to me didn't you, you just had to didn't you.

You really just don't have a clue in my opinion. But yea, tell us why you feel how you do, or are you going to keep keeping it to yourself.
Last edited by cloudz on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
The old man calmly said: “Among the mighty are those who are mightier. In martial arts, no one presumes to praise his own ability. But because you are young, you don't know the scale of the world, and are unaware of how ridiculous you are. Why be upset?”
cloudz
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:00 am
Location: London UK

Re: BREXIT

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:13 am

I agree with your point that the vote has happened but as someone mentioned there was a lot misinformation on all sides. The fact is and I've stated that no one really knows how things will play out but we can discuss it as things move forward. As far as your opinion I don't pretend to know what it is I was just addressing your comments on Lithuania.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Fascists rejected reason in the name of will, denying objective truth in favor of a glorious myth articulated by leaders who claimed to give voice to the people."

-Timothy Snyder
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: BREXIT

Postby cloudz on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:31 am

You can read the thread I started if you are interested. I mention Lithuania there I believe. I mention it because I have a connection through my wife, we know people that have gone back. I make an honest and factual observation in my opinion, it is not necessary for you or anyone to twist into something it isn't. That's all really.. I come to some conclusion about it, but I don't really care at this point who agrees and disagrees about what specifics. For me it's about the wood not the trees. I also believe politics is more about some things over others and there's a reason why people often realize politics and religion are personal. It's about knowing what to give primacy to when, where and how. It's been a complex and difficult issue to come to terms with for many of us in the UK. It's also been a blast in some ways, illuminating if you will.

Knock yourself out though: http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums ... p?t=126393
Last edited by cloudz on Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The old man calmly said: “Among the mighty are those who are mightier. In martial arts, no one presumes to praise his own ability. But because you are young, you don't know the scale of the world, and are unaware of how ridiculous you are. Why be upset?”
cloudz
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:00 am
Location: London UK

Re: BREXIT

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:20 pm

My point is the U.S. is historically where Lithuanians started their new lives when left their country and in fact we have over 600,000 Lithuanian Americans in the county today. If England closes their borders then they'll probably start coming here again where they're welcomed and we'll be happy to take them and the Poles too. It won't be as easy but these people will just chose a different country. I'm sure Scotland and Ireland will see a lot of them since it allows them easy access to their home country and most already know English as a second language but that could change too.

I agree about religion in almost all debates both sides have some truth which is important to each party. I just don't see how voting against the EU or globalization is going to help some unemployed young person's future dreams by making it almost impossible to leave a factory town in the middle of eastern Europe. Probably because of where I live and work I see hard working immigrants from all over the world and I believe this is why California's economy is one of the strongest in the world in fact we are ranked just behind the U.K. from what I hear, not bad for a single state.
"Fascists rejected reason in the name of will, denying objective truth in favor of a glorious myth articulated by leaders who claimed to give voice to the people."

-Timothy Snyder
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: BREXIT

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:23 pm

Correction, it's the U.K. then Brazil then California.

Image
"Fascists rejected reason in the name of will, denying objective truth in favor of a glorious myth articulated by leaders who claimed to give voice to the people."

-Timothy Snyder
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: BREXIT

Postby Taste of Death on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:36 pm

grzegorz wrote:Correction, it's the U.K. then Brazil then California.

Image


California recently passed France for fifth place.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
User avatar
Taste of Death
Wuji
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: BREXIT

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:34 pm

Thanks for that fact.
"Fascists rejected reason in the name of will, denying objective truth in favor of a glorious myth articulated by leaders who claimed to give voice to the people."

-Timothy Snyder
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: BREXIT

Postby Taste of Death on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:45 pm

grzegorz wrote:Thanks for that fact.


And then France passed the U.K after the Brexit vote. :D
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
User avatar
Taste of Death
Wuji
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: BREXIT

Postby cloudz on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:31 am

Turnover is vanity anyway.
The old man calmly said: “Among the mighty are those who are mightier. In martial arts, no one presumes to praise his own ability. But because you are young, you don't know the scale of the world, and are unaware of how ridiculous you are. Why be upset?”
cloudz
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:00 am
Location: London UK

Re: BREXIT

Postby Taste of Death on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:46 am

cloudz wrote:Turnover is vanity anyway.


We're truly sorry your country only sucks half as hard as ours. You think you have problems.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/us/philando-castile-alton-sterling-protests/index.html


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C008pxQL2lU
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
User avatar
Taste of Death
Wuji
 
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:07 pm
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: BREXIT

Postby cloudz on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:48 am

No need to apologize, it's old news. Your entertainment industry though, I can forgive it all for a good episode of GOT :)
The old man calmly said: “Among the mighty are those who are mightier. In martial arts, no one presumes to praise his own ability. But because you are young, you don't know the scale of the world, and are unaware of how ridiculous you are. Why be upset?”
cloudz
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:00 am
Location: London UK

Re: BREXIT

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:54 am

Taste of Death wrote:
grzegorz wrote:Thanks for that fact.


And then France passed the U.K after the Brexit vote. :D


Yeah, California is doing well after being told for years that we were a failed experiment.

(Bill Maher from another thread.)



https://youtu.be/BtNbMD96xgY
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fascists rejected reason in the name of will, denying objective truth in favor of a glorious myth articulated by leaders who claimed to give voice to the people."

-Timothy Snyder
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: BREXIT

Postby cloudz on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:59 am

"God shuts a door and opens a window"
Mickey Donovan
The old man calmly said: “Among the mighty are those who are mightier. In martial arts, no one presumes to praise his own ability. But because you are young, you don't know the scale of the world, and are unaware of how ridiculous you are. Why be upset?”
cloudz
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:00 am
Location: London UK

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest