the best teaching is softness

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: the best teaching is softness

Postby windwalker on Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:15 am

RobP2 wrote:
windwalker wrote:For those talking about softness.

Ask anyone who's trained with Ben Lo, or other teachers who advocate softness
Just to develop the alignments and open the body is the work of many yrs,,,,and much pain.

I don't understand this idea that somehow its easy or something that is done after some "hard" training
what ever this may be. For most people I've worked with, many coming from other CMA or MA they either cant do it
or find it quite difficult to meet the basic requirements.

The training for softness starts from day one, is quite demanding in its own right.

There's nothing wrong with softness. I teach softness, from day one. It's one of the foundations of what we do. But we teach it in context. I try and teach everything in context. I feel some teachers get sidetracked and end up spending huge amounts of time on "peripheral skills" that come to assume a huge importance in their system. That was certainly the case with my first teacher and one reason I left. Problem is it seems you get to a stage where these "peripheral skills" only work on the faithful few. So the teacher becomes even more isolated, or insulated from reality perhaps

I thought you might find this interesting it made me laugh when he said it.
A student of mine who teaches recently returned from Bulgaria.

The founder of the club is Andrean Karavastev (European Martial Arts Expert). He was born in Stara Zagora, Bulgaria in 1956. At age of 13 he began his Martial Arts training with Greco- Roman Wrestling, Judo and Sambo. In 1976, after 2 years military service Andrean Karavastev entered in the Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Zooengineering (now Thracian University). This is the place he met his principal teacher Grandmaster Dr. Doriyan Alexandrov-well renowned European Martial Arts expert and founder of Bulgarian Wushu/Kung Fu

Federation. Andrean Karavastev threw himself intensively into traditional Kung Fu during his university years (1976-1981). He had the honor to become indoor student and friend of Dr. Alexandrov- who continues to be his teacher and advisor until recent days. Dr.Doriyan Alexandrov has studied from world renown Chinese Grandmasters like Yang Jing Pin (Hsing I, Tai Chi Chen Style, Chin Na, Chi Kung), Lu Kwok Chen (Bagua), Lu Jwing and others.

http://www.sevenfists.com/the-founder

He recently returned from Bulgaria, where he was working with some of the concepts I worked with him on.
He mentioned
" This is really like the systma I worked with under a local teacher here.
Only it covers other aspects not addressed. My students in Bulgaria asked me where had I picked up the skill sets"
;)

A very kind man, and quite skilled.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby willie on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:06 am

windwalker wrote:[.

http://www.sevenfists.com/the-founder

He recently returned from Bulgaria, where he was working with some of the concepts I worked with him on.
He mentioned
" This is really like the systma I worked with under a local teacher here.
Only it covers other aspects not addressed. My students in Bulgaria asked me where had I picked up the skill sets"
;)

A very kind man, and quite skilled.[/quote]

This is vague.

So your saying what?
What skill sets?
It kind of looks like your saying that your teaching him EF, and he is crediting you for his skill's, is that correct?
willie

Postby windwalker on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:11 pm

This is vague.

So your saying what?
What skill sets?
It kind of looks like your saying that your teaching him EF, and he is crediting you for his skill's, is that correct?

No one can teach another what some are calling EF. All they can do is help them develop and understand the conditions that will allow them to build the skill sets whereby it is developed and manifest itself.
There are lots of small steps leading up to the skill set that must be first acquired.

I was teaching him the skill sets involved in my work that he found an interest in that many question here.
He found it very interesting and relevant to his own work. All things are tested nothing is left to theory.
There are 2 parts
gaining and understanding the skill
intergrating the skill into ones own usage not style specific
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby willie on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:32 pm

windwalker wrote:
This is vague.

So your saying what?
What skill sets?

No one can teach another what some are calling EF. All they can do is help them develop and understand the conditions that will allow them to build the skill sets whereby it is developed and manifest itself.
There are lots of small steps leading up to the skill set that must be first acquired.

I was teaching him the skill sets involved in my work that he found an interest in that many question here.
He found it very interesting and relevant to his own work. All things are tested nothing is left to theory.
There are 2 parts
gaining and understanding the skill
intergrating the skill into ones own usage not style specific

o.k. so it seems that your saying that the many that question your work, don't know what they talking about?
so, your saying that the video of the guy caught in the web of the old lady's intent is real?
willie

Postby windwalker on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:03 pm

o.k. so it seems that your saying that the many that question your work, don't know what they talking about?
so, your saying that the video of the guy caught in the web of the old lady's intent is real?

Its not my work, it's "the work" many work on it just not posting about it here.
I can only say that I've seen reactions like that, and have experienced what seem to
to be the same things at work.

This is the lens by which I view things. My point being that often when people examine the back grounds
of others, as in this case they are quite extensive in regards to what is shown. It might be better to ask them directly
what they felt, why they reacted as they did, how does this accord with their practice.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby RobP2 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:45 am

Last edited by RobP2 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:36 am

Bruuh... Ya'll are talking about empty force with a straight face? Gone are the days when this shit would of been laughed into BTDT, huh?
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:01 am

Dajenarit wrote:Bruuh... Ya'll are talking about empty force with a straight face? Gone are the days when this shit would of been laughed into BTDT, huh?

and yet you didnt see fit to comment on this thread
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24754&start=0#p417985

wonder why

maybe you had an experience too
its ok, you can post it. ;)

for those commenting.

I ask for the same consideration as shown in the thread on kundalini experience

This thread was about what the teacher John Kells,
had said which I found interesting and thought others would too.
nothing more..

If you find some clip of him that you "gen you"
dont agree with its not the point of this thread.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:39 pm

A man seeing shit during meditation, whatever spiritual or non-spiritual psycho-physiological significance you want to attach to that (or no significance at all) is a bit different in my opinion than doing puppetry with another human being with invisible chi-powers. The wild stomping, rolling on the floor and gnashing of teeth in response to an immobile senior citizen in a wheel chair is a bridge too far even for people who already believe some really out there shit... i e, this forum. I don't think you've been getting the hint.
Last edited by Dajenarit on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby willie on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:06 pm

Dajenarit wrote:A man seeing shit during meditation, whatever spiritual or non-spiritual psycho-physiological significance you want to attach to that (or no significance at all) is a bit different in my opinion than doing puppetry with another human being with invisible chi-powers. The wild stomping, rolling on the floor and gnashing of teeth in response to an immobile senior citizen in a wheel chair is a bridge too far even for people who already believe some really out there shit... i e, this forum. I don't think you've been getting the hint.

your right.
I think that windwalkers persistence in this topic proves 1 thing, he has seen something.
I have little doubt that he is competent push hands player.

I personally do not believe in these types of video's. Someone would have to prove it to me.
willie

Postby willie on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:28 pm

the question is why would anyone be caught on camera doing things that would compromise themselves?

why are there so many people here?

and this one?

windwalker people here have been around internal arts for decades.
if you want people to believe in what your saying then you have to prove it.
that's the only way. why don't you just find anyone from this site who doesn't believe in EF who lives near you
and prove it.
thanks
Last edited by willie on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby windwalker on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:52 pm

willie wrote:the question is why would anyone be caught on camera doing things that would compromise themselves?

why are there so many people here?

and this one?

windwalker people here have been around internal arts for decades.
if you want people to believe in what your saying then you have to prove it.
that's the only way. why don't you just find anyone from this site who doesn't believe in EF who lives near you
and prove it.
thanks

dont need to, its my practice not for anyone else.

one of the moderators here knows me, and has seen me and my teacher in china for a long time and many times
here in the US.

I was the only none chinese teacher of taiji invited by the local community here along with other chinese taiji teachers
to demo and explain some points of my work to the chinese community here. Are you really suggesting that I need to prove something to some names
on the internet?

I've meet with others from EF off line for a long time now,. they get the work....
we often laughed about what was said here as they experienced some of the same things that people laugh about.
In most cases I ask them not to comment on line because I'm not interested making what is essentially a privet practice public.
I do offer my view points as someone who's been there, and has studied for some time, when people start to mock teachers who have no voice here.

I make no claims about ability nor skill level I leave it to others to decide for themselves.
what some here call EF, is small subset of a much lager practice whether touched or not the basic ideas by which it works are the same.

In other threads some have asked people to remain on topic and for the most part they have, I would have expected the same courtesy
that others give and that I have extended to others when asked.

This thread was never about EF,,,it was about what a man had to say who had practiced a long time.
If people had problems with some clip of his, they should have addressed it in another thread.
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby willie on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:05 pm

o.k. it's as simple as that. your comment and view points aren't un-welcome by me, I would just like to see you do it.
it should be not as a challenge but just another day at the office for you.
if you notice I do say "your welcome to come over". for me that's just being part of a community, it's not war.
for me it's just what I do anyway.
take care.
willie

Postby Steve James on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Wow, it's a shame that anyone on RSF who's seen you do what was shown in the op doesn't say so. If I'd seen it, I'd say so. If there were students who could also demonstrate, that'd be great.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby willie on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Steve James wrote:Wow, it's a shame that anyone on RSF who's seen you do what was shown in the op doesn't say so. If I'd seen it, I'd say so. If there were students who could also demonstrate, that'd be great.

I totally agree.
I take chances and say more then I should, but what I say is to the very best of my knowledge truthful.
I said that my teacher needs nearly no push hands, it's constant application's, most people
have never seen that, including me before I met him. I have spoke of Master Lu Ping's work.
people didn't believe me. then more then one on here knew him.
then I said the things about the meditation stuff. I took a chance knowing that there would be people who
didn't like what I said. then what happens, clouds says he seen almost the same event.
then I say I found the info in a old ninjutsu book, which I lost. someone posts a god damn book that is very close.
I try to be open and honest in my posts. I have nothing to gain, to me the art is mostly gone anyways,
so why not talk to the people who still are interested in it.
thanks for your post.
willie

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic