The Intention Force Way

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Intention Force Way

Postby RobP2 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:17 am

windwalker wrote:
I would think if they had questions such as yours or others they would seek and find someone who could do what is shown and answer them.
I have, for me its true....

But I have too - and have written about it numerous times.
"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:59 am

RobP2 wrote:
windwalker wrote:
I would think if they had questions such as yours or others they would seek and find someone who could do what is shown and answer them.
I have, for me its true....

But I have too - and have written about it numerous times.

yes, and I respect that more then you might think.

you foiund your answers I found mine what would be the point on
an IMA site ;)

I notice that you dont comment on any thing written by dglenn, or some of the other
translations that describe the workings of what is shown that many question when viewed.

all of which does not have to do with anything about this thread.

I kindly ask that if one does not have anything to add related to the topic,
dont post here...
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:06 am

middleway wrote:
I have, for me its true...

For me it answers the why and how of what is shown

and then take the next step to find out if "its true"

In the clip there are times when the teachers alignment is not quite correct as would be expected for something real. It dosnt work as well he has to adjust
A question might be:

what doesnt work?
what is he adjusting?

Windwalker,

Please try to understand. I have said numerous times, i am not questioning the validity in this instance.

I don't care if it is true. I could experience it directly and would still have the same two question.

"Why train it?"

"what is it for?"

You seem to only train it to prove to yourself that it is true? Is that right?

thanks

isn't that what really matters "oneself"
why would I or any one train to prove it to someone else.

"whats it for"

To "me" its part of the study of taiji.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:16 am

RobP2 wrote:
windwalker wrote:

why would any one need to prove you wrong for something you dont do?

is it true, can 4oz over come a 1000lb force...

yes it is true, as are all the other things written about taiji that many seem to have problems with once its shown.

the what and how one uses it depends on the person. The basic question that has to be answered before it even gets to the talk of usage
is " is it true"

you talk of ego and confusion but seem unable to accept a very simple and direct answer all of which has nothing to do with the topic.

I don't think anyone is denying "4oz over come a 1000lb force", I'm sure we all use that principle in various ways and to varying degrees.
"Overcome" though implies conflict rather than training drills, which George has already touched upon and which I use to some degree.
However how many of these type of clips show anywhere near 1000lb force....apart from this one maybe?

Would you argue that no contact is using beams of energy to overcome force?

Try staying on topic.

first answer some of the question I posted, If you or the others can not
there is no point in pointing to something else trying to make a point.
FWIW I've seen and noted all clips, and fails....I could go into why "I" think it failed but its not the point of the thread
and also with out some basic understandings would not be understood.

If you want to know about that clip make a thread of your own....

Interesting when some questioned your work you ask them to post on another thread
and yet you and others do not accord the respect that you ask of others...

the echo chamber is strong today ;)
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:23 am

Chris wrote:I do however have a problem with the sensitivity point. In so much as it seems that every video of this type shows people who display a level of 'hypersensitivity' or 'hypervigillantism'. Frankly the methods seem to be damaging more than building to anyone but the master, so the question becomes how are they beneficial to the practitioners health, wellness, happiness or fighting in general terms. The focus generally goes to what the master in the video is doing, but that's a secondary point for me, because invariably, according to the available evidence, the teachers work is not as effective on the unnitiated ... they are not sensitive enough. The major point is what the students are displaying, and in every video it is somewhat unnerving to see droves of students all seemly suffering the same problem of hypersensitivity with apparently, no obvious benefit.

Thanks for the response and in general i agree with the bulk of it. :D

Thanks Chris.

Nice one. I get it, and I am being pretty generous in light of all the various kinds of demonstrations out there. I guess I am offering the best example I can muster, and reflective of how I experienced it with my first teacher and class. We were all doing it amongst each other with each-other, it was very group oriented and the teacher never once got students playing to his tune so to speak. Sometimes nothing or little would happen or was felt amongst some people, and we always worked with eyes closed that imo worked on the sensitivity level I mentioned. At least it made you focus there and try to feel (or project) beyond yourself.. But you know a lot of times I felt people, and other people felt me. So... at least I think that's what happened!

Like with most things, I think there are good and not so good ways to go about them. But you know this is certainly no area of expertise for me..
Last edited by cloudz on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby RobP2 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:43 am

windwalker wrote:
Interesting when some questioned your work you ask them to post on another thread

But that's not what happened ??? I will always answer questions directed to my work where I can - I don't think you could show otherwise.
Personally I'd rather put up clips of my own work to illustrate and discuss any points or topics rather than constantly put up other peoples'.
I don't comment on D Glenn's posts as he is usually discussing Chinese terminology, which is not relevant to what I do
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:56 am

RobP2 wrote:
windwalker wrote:

But that's not what happened ??? I will always answer questions directed to my work where I can - I don't think you could show otherwise.
Personally I'd rather put up clips of my own work to illustrate and discuss any points or topics rather than constantly put up other peoples'.
I don't comment on D Glenn's posts as he is usually discussing Chinese terminology, which is not relevant to what I do

good this too is not relevant to what you do as it is based on understanding the terminology that dglenn post about.
wouldn't matter who's clips I put up its the same thing....I try to use leading exponents or people I know in the field
of my work. I'm not selling or advertising anything.

In the past you noted what you do, that looks similar to what is shown is not.
I mean you really made it very clear....out of respect for your views I no longer use examples of other systema
instructors showing what seems to be the same things shown in some of the clips I post.

why is it you fail to show the same respect? since its not something you do, nor practice, nor even consider to be real
based on your experiences..

mine are different as are "my" threads that speak to them....
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby RobP2 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:02 am

windwalker wrote:
good this too is not relevant to what you do as it is based on understanding the terminology that dglenn post about.
wouldn't matter who's clips I put up its the same thing....I try to use leading exponents or people I know in the field
of my work. I'm not selling or advertising anything.

now in the past you noted what you do, that looks similar to what is shown is not.
I mean you really made it very clear....out of respect for your views I no longer use examples of other systema
instructors showing what seems to be the same things shown in some of the clips I post.

why is it you fail to show the same respect? since its not something you do, nor practice, nor even consider to be real
based on your experiences..

mine are different as are "my" threads that speak to them....

I'm writing about my experiences and asking some questions. I'll ask again - where is the 1000lbs of force in the clips you posted?

I've met a number of the people who's videos you have posted, so I think my experiences with them are entirely relevant to any discussion. You keep falling back on this "you haven't felt it yet so you don't believe it" argument. Well in a number of cases I have. In some aspects it is what I practice, but from a very different background and explanation. In fact almost 180 at times, where the aim of our drill is to help the student, not show how good the teacher is.
I feel as usual it goes round in circles, how about posting some clips of your own work with some explanations of what is going on?
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:16 am

how about answering the questions I asked?

I'll ask again - where is the 1000lbs of force in the clips you posted?

If you could answer my question this question would be very easy to answer by your self.
my bet would be that you and the others cant address it making any further discussion pointless.

where the aim of our drill is to help the student, not show how good the teacher is.

kinda superficial and still does not address the point of my questions nor of of this thread.
I could have pointed to some systema teachers that you dont agree with. What would be the point.

There are good teachers and some not so good....try sticking to the topic of what is shown in "this" thread at " this "
time...

enough for me,,,,if any one wants to address the questions it might be interesting
otherwise i'm out,,,enjoy the echos... ;)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby RobP2 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:36 am

windwalker wrote:how about answering the questions I asked?

I'll ask again - where is the 1000lbs of force in the clips you posted?

If you could answer my question this question would be very easy to answer by your self.
my bet would be that you and the others cant address it making any further discussion pointless.

where the aim of our drill is to help the student, not show how good the teacher is.

kinda superficial and still does not address the point of my questions nor of of this thread.
I could have pointed to some systema teachers that you dont agree with. What would be the point.

There are good teachers and some not so good....try sticking to the topic of what is shown in "this" thread at " this "
time...

enough for me,,,,if any one wants to address the questions it might be interesting
otherwise i'm out,,,enjoy the echos... ;)

"How much of the story is true? "

As much as you want it to be
RobP2
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic