Rugby update

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Rugby update

Postby KEND on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:18 am

For those who love the game the match between Australia and England was a gem. Back and forth until the very end. After the disastrous world cup for England they needed a cleanout and Eddie Jones has lived up to his reputation, a 6 nations win and now first leg of a test series against Australia. A brutal match, no quarter given or taken. On paper it was pretty even, with Australia scoring more tries but Owen Farrell's kicking made the difference. I think they could win the series but probably 2-1. They still have a way to go to get to the level of New Zealand but if they continue improving they will be favorites for the next world cup.
KEND
Great Old One

Re: Rugby update

Postby Steve James on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:13 am

I wish I knew anything about rugby. Actually, I'm watching UEFA EURO and just saw Wales make its first goal international competition in 58 years.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:16 am

England rules 23 to 7, now for New Zealand, Eddie is the King of Rugby
KEND
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:22 am

Well England won the series 3-0 against the Aussies, but they shouldn't start patting themselves on the back, there is a lot of work to be done. It was a scrappy game, England's defense was penetrated too many times and their attack was not nearly as good as the Aussies', the difference was Owen Farrel's kicking. The teams are about the same level and England will have to up its game to beat New Zealand
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Taste of Death on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:22 pm

I am going to the USA vs Russia match tonight. England has a good chance against NZ. Ireland missed theirs. I'm still not over that near miss.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby KEND on Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:15 pm

To add icing to the cake England won the under 20 World championship against Ireland, exciting high scoring match. What a difference a year makes
KEND
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:41 pm

A dozen wins for Eddie, hard fought against Argentina . Next weekend a big one--the Aussies
KEND
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:28 am

Australia goes down, hard match but 14 wins says it all. As Eddie says still a way to go to become dominant side, looking forward to 6 Nations next year
KEND
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:14 am

They won but a few rough calls in that one
Last edited by wayne hansen on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby KEND on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:41 am

Yeah , the first half hour was scary but somehow they came through. Defense was a lot better than the previous game
KEND
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:31 am

Well the 6 nations is well under way and England keeps winning, in both matches [France and Wales] being outplayed most of the match but coming back in the last minutes. Admittedly injuries have decimated the side but Ernie seems to have instilled into them the will to win. The Wales match was superb rugby with England extinguishing attack after attack and then pulling a try out of the bag in the last few minutes. As I said after the first match France has a dynamic side this year and will probably be runners up, but there is little difference between the sides, any side could win on a given day
KEND
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:49 am

England have been playing indifferently but still winning all season, well that all ended Saturday, all of it came together and they destroyed Scotland. Now Scotland had injuries and to quote their captain 'were useless' but on this form they would challenge New Zealand. Ernie has worked miracles in a year and still says they have room for improvement. Anyway beautiful rugby, ten tries total
KEND
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:44 pm

I did have a good laugh seeing England down after the first half of the Italy match - the consensus being 'wait til they figure this out and then England will score 30' which turned out to be the case
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby KEND on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:44 am

The level of athleticism has increased considerably since I last played many years ago, these guys could probably compete in an Ironman contest. The 'rushing' aspect of NFL seems to have entered the sport, together with specialized lineout techniques, even the long NFL style pass from center to wing. Apparently the dictatorial style of coaching has made a comeback with England and Ireland, no laisse faire in this side, they were exhorted to be winners from the getgo
KEND
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:53 am

Although Rugby has got things from many sports I think rugby league is the main contributor
A lot of ex league players have upped the game in rugby by both playing and coaching
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic