For the soccer fans

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

For the soccer fans

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:35 pm

Aside from the ludicrous subject matter itself, -- it is well (funnily) written, too. "either a newspaper or a cheap, self-assembled coffee table"... -lol-

Swedish soccer player gets red card for farting during game

The fart heard 'round the world is an underdog story.

It's the tale of a humble fart, unloosed on the world in a moment of innocence in the anonymity of a game between Swedish soccer clubs nobody had ever heard of. Its maker is Adam Lindin Ljungkvist, a left back for Järna SK's reserve team. They were playing Pershagen SK.

He already had a yellow card.

He also had "a bad stomach," per the Guardian. So, as he told Länstidningen Södertälje, which we're going to guess is either a newspaper or a cheap, self-assembled coffee table, "I simply let go."

There this whole besotted odyssey would have ended. But this little fart was destined for greater things. For global fame. Perhaps fortune. Maybe even a straight-to-TV movie on Lifetime and a spot on Oprah's bench. Because the referee, Dany Kako, who cares not for your farts, showed Ljungkvist a yellow card.

Which is to say that he almost certainly became the first player in a century and a half of organized soccer to be sent off for cutting the cheese on the field. He and his fart are forever famous. Thanks to that red card.

"Yes, I was shocked," Ljungkvist told the paper/coffee table. "It's the strangest thing I have ever experienced in football."

An opponent agreed. Kristoffer Linde testified that he "was standing a good distance away but I heard the fart loud and clear. It's the strangest thing I've seen on a pitch, and I've been playing football since I was eight years old."

Ljungkvist, baffled, needed closure. "I asked the referee, 'What, am I not allowed to break wind a little?' " Ljungkvist continued, sensing that the world and the history books would need more information. " 'No,' he replied. … I don't get it but maybe he thought I farted in my hand and threw the fart at him. But I did not."

The referee explained himself. "I perceived it as deliberate provocation," Kako said, adding that he'd once given a player a yellow for peeing by the field as well. "He did it on purpose and it was inappropriate. Therefore, he received a yellow card."

Ljungkvist then re-litigated the matter to Aftonbladet, which definitely is a newspaper. "To provoke anyone with a fart is not particularly smart or normal," he said. "It's nonsense – I just broke wind and got a red card. I spoke to the referee afterwards, I was annoyed, but there were no bad words. I just said he was a buffoon."

Source:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-fc ... 05537.html
Dmitri
Great Old One

Re: For the soccer fans

Postby Steve James on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:00 pm

Football refs are in a league all their own :)

Yesterday saw some fabulous football play, though.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:27 pm

Today saw the most humiliating day in British football---beaten by Iceland, one of the smallest countries in the world, A similar but not quite as humiliating situation happened to England in rugby, England needs an Ernie Jones to shake up their overhyped , overpaid asses
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:13 pm

KEND wrote: shake up their overhyped , overpaid asses
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:53 pm

What surprised me about the game is that Ice Land clearly deserved to be there. It wasn't a fluke or a game where Ice Land just got lucky.

With Argentina losing to Chile I can't imagine Messi will be spending much time in Argentina for awhile. Nice upset.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:56 pm

I feel sorry for Messi, but Chile played well.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:49 am

Getting back to the ' elite ' English soccer players, rooney spent more time grooming his implanted hair than looking for goals, as for the rest, showing off their WAGs and promoting hair cream was higher on their agenda than playing like a professional, they didn't even have time to visit Somme in their 'busy' schedules. They should have their license to play withdrawn and be transferred to lower division sides for a year to remind them that they have to work for a living. Bloody divas--
KEND
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:55 am

Steve James wrote:I feel sorry for Messi, but Chile played well.

I agree, most soccer fans thought Messi was going take the title from Chile but obviously things didn't work out.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:12 am

rooney spent more time grooming his implanted hair than looking for goals

Rooney was there? :)

Afa Messi, it's even worse because he missed that penalty kick --after making some spectacular goals and assists in earlier games. He might have nightmares about it. Not helping is primadonna's complaints that Messi has no personality. Oh well. I guess this also means that Messi won't be going to Rio.
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic