The Russians did it.

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby windwalker on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:41 am

Steve James wrote:
but the second was drawn more narrowly and was granted in October after evidence was presented of a server, possibly related to the Trump campaign, and its alleged links to two banks; SVB Bank and Russia’s Alfa Bank.


Was there evidence? Wasn't the president responsible to address the issue if there were? It was done through the courts, no? But, let's just say that it was nastiest thing a president ever did. However, it's also true that there were plenty of connections to Russia and Russian representatives made by members or future members of team Trump. It would be a crime not to investigate deeper. Maybe this will be a good chance for that, too.


They did investigate and found:

Agents were examining allegations of computer activity tied to Russia.. Very quickly, they concluded the computer activity in question involved no nefarious contacts, bank transactions or encrypted communications with the Russians, and likely involved routine computer signals.

The towers are home to Trump’s business, personal residence and then-campaign headquarters.


Director James Comey even took the step of asking Justice to knock down the claim. While the computer server was investigted, Trump’s phones and emails were never wiretapped, officials said.

Comey’s request was designed to combat any insinuation that the FBI was used by the Obama administration as a political-enemy intelligence gathering agency in the midst of the election.

But inside the intelligence community it also conveyed another powerful message: Comey has always insisted the bureau won’t comment on ongoing probes. So his willingness to push out a comment was a sign the FBI doesn’t see a criminal case emerging so far.

http://circa.com/politics/fbi-probe-of- ... -of-crimes
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 5523
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am
Location: Hisnchu, Taiwan

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby grzegorz on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:12 pm

CIA providing raw intelligence as Trump-Russia probes heat up - POLITICO

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/t ... nce-235774
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby windwalker on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:21 pm


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6BdaoyJe-Q&t=620s


the Department of Homeland Security and Federal Bureau of Investigation's Joint Analysis Report (JAR) on Russian cyber attacks doesn't prove the Russians were behind the DNC hacks.


In short, maybe it was the Russians behind the attacks on the DNC and other US organizations, but neither the source code nor the network analysis we've been shown so far strongly supports this conclusion.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/no-smoking ... dnc-hacks/

Shaffer told Hannity former NSA operatives who were fed up with the Clintons are the ones who hacked into the DNC and gave the hacked Podesta emails to WikiLeaks. The Democrats do not want to talk about this and it is probably why the DNC refused to allow the FBI to look at it’s hacked server. Shaffer said:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/03 ... wikileaks/
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 5523
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am
Location: Hisnchu, Taiwan

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby windwalker on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:23 pm

Does the report prove that Russia Hacked the 2016 US Election?

No it does not. What Wordfence revealed on Friday is that the PHP malware sample that the US government provided is:

An old version of malware. The sample was version 3.1.0 and the current version is 3.1.7 with 4.1.1 beta also available.
Freely available to anyone who wants it.

The authors claim they are Ukrainian, not Russian.
The malware is an administrative tool used by hackers to upload files, view files on a hacked website, download database contents and so on. It is used as one step in a series of steps that would occur during an attack.

Wordfence also analyzed the IP addresses available and demonstrated that they are in 61 countries, belong to over 380 organizations and many of those organizations are well known website hosting providers from where many attacks originate. There is nothing in the IP data that points to Russia specifically.

https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2017/01/ ... faq/#proof

US Govt Data Shows Russia Used Outdated Ukrainian PHP Malware

https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2016/12/ ... e-ip-hack/

For the techies, ;) Found it interesting reading in light of the WikiLeaks new information release.

"Tradecraft DO's and DON'Ts" contains CIA rules on how its malware should be written to avoid fingerprints implicating the "CIA, US government, or its witting partner companies" in "forensic review". Similar secret standards cover the use of encryption to hide CIA hacker and malware communication (pdf), describing targets & exfiltrated data (pdf) as well as executing payloads (pdf) and persisting (pdf) in the target's machines over time.

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 5523
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am
Location: Hisnchu, Taiwan

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby grzegorz on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Image
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby Steve James on Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Ok, the Russians didn't do the "hacking", it was Clinton people. When they come out with the names, we'll know for sure. The connections between Trump, TeamTrump and Russia are clear, and will be excused anyway.

But, I wonder why no one's mentioned that Trump's invaded Syria? Well, that's what Bashir Al Assad says. (Oh, I know it'll be excused too).

Syria's President Bashar al-Assad scoffed and questioned US actions in Syria, calling American troops deploying to the country "invaders" because he hadn't given permission for them to enter the country and saying there's been no "concrete action" from the Trump administration toward ISIS.

"Any foreign troops coming to Syria without our invitation or consultation or permission, they are invaders, whether they are American, Turkish, or any other one," Assad said.
"And we don't think this is going to help. What are they going to do? To fight ISIS? The Americans lost nearly every war. They lost in Iraq, they had to withdraw at the end. Even in Somalia, let alone Vietnam in the past and Afghanistan, your neighboring country. They didn't succeed anywhere they sent troops, they only create a mess; they are very good in creating problems and destroying, but they are very bad in finding solutions."
The Syrian leader made the comments in an interview with Chinese media outlet Phoenix TV. It was published on Syria's state-news agency SANA on Saturday.


You can probably check YouTube for the comments. The question is why it's no big thing among the Trumper and trumpets.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 15442
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby BruceP on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:26 pm

Steve James wrote:
But, I wonder why no one's mentioned that Trump's invaded Syria? Well, that's what Bashir Al Assad says. (Oh, I know it'll be excused too)


American forces have been operating in Syria since late 2015
Last edited by BruceP on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BruceP
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:40 pm

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby Steve James on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:48 pm

I knew it'd be something like that or "Obama did it too." At any rate, Assad said that the Marines "invaded." I don't think that there were Marines in Syria before, except as you say "American forces" such as SEAL, JSOC and others. But, again, assuming that there were American land forces in Syria, it's interesting that Assad only talks about invasions now. I guess he must have okayed the American presence before. Who knew.

And, of course, there are American forces of some sort on every continent. Personally, I think it would have been crazy not to have infiltrated Syria long before any land forces were sent.

We'll see. Here's a report that explains the military rationale.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCImBGh1Tlc
Last edited by Steve James on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 15442
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby BruceP on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Steve James wrote:I knew it'd be something like that or...


Something ike what? Like facts?

Here's an interview Assad did with Yahoo last month where he takes a different tone regarding US forces in Syria:

http://www.570news.com/2017/02/10/russi ... airstrike/

Here's an article that shows US forces operating in Syria as early as October 2014:

https://nsnbc.me/2015/03/19/us-special- ... -in-syria/
Last edited by BruceP on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BruceP
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:40 pm

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby windwalker on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:33 pm

brucep, lost an email address of someone we both might know. have a little time.
drop an email or pm....
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 5523
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am
Location: Hisnchu, Taiwan

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby grzegorz on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:34 pm

True the US has had advisors in Syria to help in the fight against IS but now the US is bringing in artillery to do the fighting themselves.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby Steve James on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:55 pm

BruceP wrote:
Steve James wrote:I knew it'd be something like that or...


Something ike what? Like facts?

Here's an interview Assad did with Yahoo last month where he takes a different tone regarding US forces in Syria:

http://www.570news.com/2017/02/10/russi ... airstrike/


Exactly, Facts, for example, in the above interview, Assad said that he welcomed U.S. aid in fighting terrorists. However, the first line of the interview reads

BEIRUT – Syrian President Bashar Assad said in an interview released on Friday that the United States is welcome to join the battle against “terrorists” in Syria — as long as it is in co-operation with his government and respects the country’s sovereignty.

Speaking with Yahoo News, Assad said he has not had any communication — direct or indirect — with President Donald Trump or any official form the new U.S. administration.


So, his complaint/assertion yesterday was precisely that: the U.S. violated his national sovereignty without his co-operation. There is no contradiction. Moreover, he goes on to say:

However, Assad’s government has labelled all armed opposition to his rule — including the U.S.-backed rebels — as “terrorists.”


Okay, then you cite this article.

Here's an article that shows US forces operating in Syria as early as October 2014:

https://nsnbc.me/2015/03/19/us-special- ... -in-syria/


Well, well, are you honestly equating actions by special forces (which, btw, I've already said would be expected) with the presence of ground troops and the potential for more to be added (without the official consent of the government) to be the same thing?

This doesn't even have to do with whether boots on the ground is a good idea. The same goes for drones. Why are we in Syria? Ya remember how much Iraq and Afghanistan have cost?

That said, in the CNN clip, the mission objective seemed to be to keep the peace between hostile friendlies. Imo, that's a situation ripe for a fuck up. It's a like being in the middle of a thousand year old domestic squabble (between Muslims, no less). I have to say that it is a noble idea; but good luck with that.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 15442
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby BruceP on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:14 pm

Steve James wrote:
Well, well, are you honestly equating actions by special forces (which, btw, I've already said would be expected) with the presence of ground troops and the potential for more to be added (without the official consent of the government) to be the same thing?


Nope. Just pointing out that Trump's "invasion" of Syria is just a continuance of US military presence in Syria. Airstrikes have been no less of a presence than bodies. But yeah, it's Trump who's 'invading' Syria.
BruceP
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:40 pm

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby Steve James on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Well, no it definitely is not in the sense that Marines and Rangers in armored vehicles patrolling streets in Syria. That is not the same. You're making a false, unnecessary equation. The article that you cited said that "US Special Forces caught red-handed in Syria." That's hardly the same.

Moreover, as I said, there's the question of mission. There were U.S. "advisers" helping, even arming, some of the anti-Assad rebels. Assad called them "terrorists" in the article you cited, and said specifically that US aid was welcomed --if they were in cooperation with him and respected Syrian sovereignty.

Ya can point back to spec ops in 2014 and 15 and going back much further than that. It's irrelevant. Assad calls it an invasion. People will support it just because it's being questioned. Oh, if whether it's good, effective policy or not is not the issue, then it's not really worth discussing. The fact is that it will cost money and lives, hopefully not as many as Iraq has. But, it's okay for anyone to support it because he thinks it's a good idea.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 15442
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:04 pm

So, now, after the chemical attack in Syria, it seems that the administration's previous position on Syria, whether the U.S. should intervene or not is changing. Well, it's good that there's sympathy; but, I wonder what will happen when someone asks "us" to accept some of those children who were orphaned? And, if we're supposedly now suggesting that Assad must go, and we're also fighting Syrian rebels, who exactly are we going to attack?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 15442
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest