The Russians did it.

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Russians did it.

Postby grzegorz on Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:48 pm

If it turns out that the Russians are hacking the US. How should the US respond?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Protest and hack back. That they're hacking is a given. It's the specific aims of the hacks that need to be countered.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:33 pm

grzegorz wrote:If it turns out that the Russians are hacking the US. How should the US respond?

Nuke the bastards!! Just need to get Teh Donald™ to the Oval Office, he'll do it.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:39 pm

He may be stupid but not that stupid. Please tell me he's not that stupid..
Last edited by Mr_Wood on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:05 pm

Well, it's a tossup, which is what worries some. The question comes from an exchange at a town hall meeting.

What Trump has said

The comment in question stems from an MSNBC town hall interview in March. Trump was asked by host Chris Matthews if he might use nuclear weapons.

Trump: "I’d be the last one to use the nuclear weapons, because that’s sort of like the end of the ballgame."

Matthews: "So, can you take it off the table now? Can you tell the Middle East we are not using the nuclear weapon on anybody?"

Trump: "I would never say that. I would never take any of my cards off the table."

Matthews: "How about Europe? We won’t use it in Europe."

Trump: "I’m not going to take it off the table for anybody."

Matthews: "You might use it in Europe?"

Trump: "No. I don’t think so, but — I am not taking cards off the table. I’m not going to use nukes, but I’m not taking cards off the table."

So, maybe yes; maybe no.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:26 pm

grzegorz wrote:If it turns out that the Russians are hacking the US. How should the US respond?

They won't because it's something they can't prove. If they could prove it,
I'm sure that nobody would hear about it. They would find some way to deal with it...

The US does a lot the same to other nation states who for the most part
don't bitch about it publicly they "deal" with it privately.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Mr_Wood on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:27 pm

I find it hard to believe that he would have the final say anyway. They all know that they have to keep it 'on the table' whilst at the same time nobody really wants to use it. Makes no sense at all. If society is that fucked up then maybe its for the best -nuke-
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Mr_Wood wrote:I find it hard to believe that he would have the final say anyway. They all know that they have to keep it 'on the table' whilst at the same time nobody really wants to use it. Makes no sense at all. If society is that fucked up then maybe its for the best -nuke-

What makes the US very dangerous IMO is the tech developed that some how makes some feel they are immune from the effects of it.
When drone tech catches up for example,,,watch what happens....not good...
Nukes and other weaponry similar in nature act as good deterrence.
Makes the US think a little before acting...
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Mr_Wood on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:47 pm

its the private firms which developed these things which worries me. who knows what crack pots are involved with these.

we sit back and analyse trump v clinton and who is best fit for the job, but who is checking on the rest of them ?
Last edited by Mr_Wood on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Why can't you all stop worrying and learn to love the Bomb? A nukular exchange with Russia might, you know, clear the air a bit. And I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed, 20-30 megadeaths tops, depending on the breaks. ;)

And don't forget that Trump invited Russia to hack the Democrats.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:37 pm

Russian or not, I think it's awesome that a bunch of hackers thought they could win Trump the election and probably could have except for it's Trump.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:49 am

Full 36 minute interview with Russian Federation Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on CNN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx8kiQyEkHc
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:14 am

Yeah as usual Lavrov denies everything. Remember the "little green men" weren't Russian either?
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:41 am

That's cool, I just posted it to give people a chance to see a full interview with a Russian Foreign Secretary.

My opinion, my perspective, could be wrong, is that Amanapour presented a lot of loaded questions and Lavrov, and as a matter of rhetoric, not whether he is correct, I thought Lavrov dealt with Amanopour well, but obviously that's part of my skew on the whole thing.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:58 am

Right, thanks for sharing. I wasn't commenting on you as much as this is like an interview with Congolese Rice defending all things Bush (sp).

My comment is that this is what Lavrov does for a living.

Supposedly the FBI has definite proof that it was the Russians but if show us the evidence they would have to reveal that evidence. I imagine in years to come we'll find out more.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic