The China Thread

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The China Thread

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:23 pm

Whether for malice or incompetence, this is why you do not stand still around a parked car with the motor running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaH4xa7ZDds
Michael

Postby vadaga on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:44 am

'dumb fecker shoulda jumped, probably too drunk to realise what was coming' was my first thought, but then I'm not so sure, the forward lean would make it difficult, plus on second look it looks by the lights above his vehicle that he was a police officer, so it's possible he wasn't expecting it...wouldn't be the first vid of a police officer getting done by a raging motorist- I remember the video of that police officer who got dragged to death in Xinzhuang last year... third look revealed that actually the lights were just behind the vehicle so the guy was likely just an ordinary guy... one of the other news reports said that he was looking at his own car for that second he should have been seeing the driver accelerate over...no time to react... 'as it was difficult to determine on the scene where the act was deliberate the transport police are investigating' said another report
Last edited by vadaga on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:13 am

Michael wrote:
If a foreigner gets into any physical altercation with a local, and there's not overwhelming evidence to support the foreigner (security video gets lost a lot), the local can make any complaint of injury without proof, demand almost any amount of money, $2000-$10,000 USD is common for a single punch with no injury evident, and the cops will just take your passport until you pay it. Refuse to pay? Go to jail for months, then deported, bah-bye.

The time I got hit by the flying bottle back in '07 was something like that... two French guys and two Shanghai guys were fighting in a club and the Shanghai guys started throwing glass... the police made them split the responsibility 50-50 because 'the video was lost'... market rates were a lot cheaper then, I think that they got off with 300 dollars for my arm and 650 for the Chinese guy standing next to me who had gotten hit in the face with a flying glass
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:57 am

So do you think she hit him on purpose?
Michael

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:59 am

vadaga wrote:The time I got hit by the flying bottle back in '07 was something like that... two French guys and two Shanghai guys were fighting in a club and the Shanghai guys started throwing glass... the police made them split the responsibility 50-50 because 'the video was lost'... market rates were a lot cheaper then, I think that they got off with 300 dollars for my arm and 650 for the Chinese guy standing next to me who had gotten hit in the face with a flying glass

Video sure does "get lost" a lot when it might implicate a local in connection with a foreigner.
Michael

Postby vadaga on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:14 pm

Michael wrote:So do you think she hit him on purpose?

absofrickenlutely. notice how the wheels straightened out on the car before it accelerated forward.
Last edited by vadaga on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:19 pm

Yup, that's my take on it as well and the wheel-straightening is proof to me, too.
Michael

Previous

Return to Off the Topic