Philippine president

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Philippine president

Postby junglist on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:11 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
junglist wrote:Can you prove to me that he approves of vigilantism or that all these killings can be traced to Duterte? You can use your information from the Filipinos you know. This will end all debate about Duterte.

Um, we did this, but it didn't seem to end the debate--surprise surprise.

Above you admit that he is calling for extrajudicial killings of addicts *who may in the future commit crimes,* which you agree with. Not only are they extrajudicial, but they are essentially punishing crimes that have not happened.

As for him trying to end corruption: there are lots of leaders who have claimed the same, or even meant to do the same, who ended up being mass murderers.

It would seem that working to improve the economic opportunity through better education and the like might be a more effective and less bloody way to end what you claim is a rampant problem.

As for it being about more than drugs, sure. But is he calling for the murders of corrupt politicians or addicts? Not that either is reasonable.

1) I answered your quotations above.

2) I didn't admit anything. Again Duterte said that in a context where he talked about young girls getting raped, drug addicts losing their reasoning and leading them to commit heinous crimes, and drug addicts not being able to e rehabilitated and not being in jail and being in the streets high as a kite. Maybe he was being hasty with his words but they were not policies/orders to police, soldiers, or even vigilantes.

3) Duterte was mayor in Davao (where my mom is from) for a long time. If the citizens of Davao had any inkling that he was a corrupt, megalomaniacal, bloodthirsty tyrant, they wouldn't have voted him in. They know Duterte--you don't.

4) Your orientalist perspectives are entertaining! Education?! Lol! You think it's because we third world little brown people are so uneducated that we can't get rid of corruption and change the financial situation in the Jungle? Too funny! Filipinos are highly literate, either bilingual or trilingual (better than most monolingual Westerners), have access to social media, etc. You are not from the Jungle, never lived there, don't have most of your relatives and many good friends living there, so you really don't know anything. Your ignorance is too deep so I suggest you stop before you make hilariously pathetic and racist comments again. It takes balls, wisdom, patience and a bit of savage streak to unravel the corruption (which affects the economics) in the Jungle. Filipinos believe Duterte has that. Or maybe they are wrong and should make an orientalist like you to become the president and change the country through "education"? Good grief lol.

5) Prove to me he is calling for the murder of corrupt politicians. I already dealt with the drug dealers issue above.
Last edited by junglist on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
junglist
Anjing

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:49 pm

1) Yes, and I was responding to that. Apparently you didn't understand what I wrote.

2) Yes, you absolutely did.

3) That's anecdotal, and, of course you would try and play that card. You still aren't denying what Duterte said, you're just trying to couch it in a dishonest way.

4) Um, you are waaaay off base there. You don't know who I know or where I have lived. I advocate for more education in the US, too, and it is precisely to get rid of uneducated swaths of the population who call for immoral and extreme reactions to social ills--themselves often stemming from a lack of education. Furthermore, your constant claim that people who don't live in the Philippines can't have an opinion is just silly.

You are enamored by a strong man who has plainly encouraged extrajudicial killings and joked about raping women. I get that. You are frustrated and not educated enough to come up with anything better than murder. As for being an "orientalist," well, I've read Said's work, as well as it's derivations, and I think I have about as good a handle on my subjectivity as possible.

5) Um, my point was that he hasn't called for the murder of corrupt politicians. You seem to have trouble following along.

You, like another on this thread, are not being forthright in your argumentation. I showed this by quoting you, but you can't see it. Fine and well. You call me a racist for suggesting that a "third world country" (your words, not mine) could possibly benefit from a better economy and education (what country couldn't?). That's quite a stretch.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:38 pm

junglist wrote:It will end the debate Greg. If you can prove all those things above I will agree with you.

But I believe the voices of reasonable Filipinos so I will look at those quotations closely and analyze yen in context.

First of all I am not debating anything or anyone.

Therefore there is no point in me trying to prove anything. If anything the ball is your court to disprove what is being reported.

When you say prove the above, what is it you don't believe?

Here's confirmation that the 5 year old was killed in what appears to be a Filipino news source.

http://filipinotimes.ae/news/2016/08/25 ... -drug-war/

Then there is a video of what's happening with an interview with the Pres.

What am I supposed to prove? That people are being assassinated?

I suppose the assassin's story could be false and just for fun let's say it is. Does that mean that this stuff is not happening?

I don't need to prove anything.

I think Ian is up for a good debate. I don't really feel need to debate what's being reported because obviously if you don't believe it I can't force you.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:33 am

junglist wrote:
Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
junglist wrote:Can you prove to me that he approves of vigilantism or that all these killings can be traced to Duterte? You can use your information from the Filipinos you know. This will end all debate about Duterte.

Um, we did this, but it didn't seem to end the debate--surprise surprise.

Above you admit that he is calling for extrajudicial killings of addicts *who may in the future commit crimes,* which you agree with. Not only are they extrajudicial, but they are essentially punishing crimes that have not happened.

As for him trying to end corruption: there are lots of leaders who have claimed the same, or even meant to do the same, who ended up being mass murderers.

It would seem that working to improve the economic opportunity through better education and the like might be a more effective and less bloody way to end what you claim is a rampant problem.

As for it being about more than drugs, sure. But is he calling for the murders of corrupt politicians or addicts? Not that either is reasonable.

1) I answered your quotations above.

2) I didn't admit anything. Again Duterte said that in a context where he talked about young girls getting raped, drug addicts losing their reasoning and leading them to commit heinous crimes, and drug addicts not being able to e rehabilitated and not being in jail and being in the streets high as a kite. Maybe he was being hasty with his words but they were not policies/orders to police, soldiers, or even vigilantes.

3) Duterte was mayor in Davao (where my mom is from) for a long time. If the citizens of Davao had any inkling that he was a corrupt, megalomaniacal, bloodthirsty tyrant, they wouldn't have voted him in. They know Duterte--you don't.

4) Your orientalist perspectives are entertaining! Education?! Lol! You think it's because we third world little brown people are so uneducated that we can't get rid of corruption and change the financial situation in the Jungle? Too funny! Filipinos are highly literate, either bilingual or trilingual (better than most monolingual Westerners), have access to social media, etc. You are not from the Jungle, never lived there, don't have most of your relatives and many good friends living there, so you really don't know anything. Your ignorance is too deep so I suggest you stop before you make hilariously pathetic and racist comments again. It takes balls, wisdom, patience and a bit of savage streak to unravel the corruption (which affects the economics) in the Jungle. Filipinos believe Duterte has that. Or maybe they are wrong and should make an orientalist like you to become the president and change the country through "education"? Good grief lol.

5) Prove to me he is calling for the murder of corrupt politicians. I already dealt with the drug dealers issue above.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/28/asia/philippines-voices-drugs-war/index.html
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:06 pm

There are alot of sick regressive fuckers on this forum huh?

Now 'Windbag', i'm not surprised how morally bankrupt he is, but are people really arguing that this shit is ok?
Last edited by Dajenarit on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby junglist on Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:36 am

Not done yet. I'll be back to stave of the ignorance and the subtle racism of folks here.
Last edited by junglist on Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
junglist
Anjing

Postby Taste of Death on Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:44 am

junglist wrote:Not done yet. I'll be back to stave of the ignorance and the subtle racism of folks here.

The problem is not racism it is your state of denial.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:31 pm

Racist to say that murder is wrong, or racist to accuse Filipinos of murder?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:24 pm

junglist wrote:Not done yet. I'll be back to stave of the ignorance and the subtle racism of folks here.

I believe you might be confused. I said Filipinos go through crazy phases or something like that. But I don't mean anymore or less than my own country. Also I have Filipino blood and although I was not born there I have been there.

Other than that all I have done is criticize murder. Does that make me racists?

The use of mind alternating substances is as old as humanity itself. Shooting people in the street will do nothing to stop it. In decades to come you will realize that is was a complete waste of life, the way if they were executing alcoholics you would realize this does little to end corruption among authorities.

The only thing I saw that could be seen as stereotyping Filipinos and might be offensive to Filipinos is Wind's saying that these things are common in that part of the world which completely overlooks the unique history of the Philippines. The Philippines is unlike as other country in that part of the world therefore lumping them in with their neighbors is no different than lumping together the Japanese and Chinese as if they were one and the same culture.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:27 pm

grzegorz wrote:
Dajenarit wrote:There are alot of sick regressive fuckers on this forum huh?

Now 'Windbag', i'm not surprised how morally bankrupt he is, but are people really arguing that this shit is ok?

I believe you might be confused. I said Filipinos go through crazy phases or something like that. But I don't mean anymore or less than my own country. Also I have Filipino blood and although I was here not born there I have been there.

The only thing I saw that could be seen as stereotyping Filipinos and might be offensive to Filipinos is Winds saying that these things are common in that part of the world which completely overlooks the unique history of the Philippines. The Philippines is unlike as other country in that part of the world therefore lumping them in to their neighbors is no different than lumping together the Japanese and Chinese as if they were the same culture.

I think you're the one who seems to be confused. Daj's comment is clearly talking about the two people defending the killings, not you. ???
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:31 pm

No, not confused I just quoted the wrong quote while multi-tasking. Thanks for the correction, you are the reason I never discuss judo any longer and never will. ;)
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:40 pm

windwalker wrote:ya do know that
Chicago crosses 2,000 shooting victims this year
some people" apparently do feel its ok to "gun down" others.

If you recall they had stricter gun laws in the Chicago area and the NRA had them overturned. Now gun violence is higher than ever.

More guns, means more people getting shot. Who knew?
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:42 pm

Finally got the quotes in the right order Ian.

Thanks, I couldn't have done it without you.

This is what I was trying to reply to Daj.

Dajenarit wrote:There are alot of sick regressive fuckers on this forum huh?

Perhaps but at least Wind is finally criticizing what is happening with the police here.

windwalker wrote:I asked my friend about the number of people, he said "you just don't understand the amount of corruption and how far it extends"

As far as to how I feel about it. From what I've read their pres. made some good points about how those who question him like the US. also engage
in same practices they question and condemn in others.

Well if nothing else perhaps Wind too is questioning what the police do here. What a breakthrough! Thanks Dutarte! :D
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:28 pm

grzegorz wrote:No, not confused I just quoted the wrong quote while multi-tasking. Thanks for the correction, you are the reason I never discuss judo any longer and never will. ;)

Funny, I feel the same way. Of course, you were the one acting like the expert when I was the one who had recommended your club to you. :P
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:20 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
grzegorz wrote:No, not confused I just quoted the wrong quote while multi-tasking. Thanks for the correction, you are the reason I never discuss judo any longer and never will. ;)

Funny, I feel the same way. Of course, you were the one acting like the expert when I was the one who had recommended your club to you. :P

Actually I knew about that club even when I was living in Shanghai long before I ever knew who you were. A little thing called Google.

If you did recommend my club, I thank you but I had known about it from a few sources over the years and a few other instructors as well. I started training there because my local sambo club left the East Bay and it fit my schedule.

Besides whenever I repeat anything I do learn there you still feel the need to constantly correct me.

Even when do as much as post any video you ask me where I saw the video and if I lifted it from the judo forum (which I don't bother with anyway).

I invited you to meet up a few times and even meet my own instructor but you declined and life goes on.

I am not sure why the feeling is mutual. I haven't purposely said anything or directed anything at you. I leave you alone and I have no idea why aren't capable of the same. We both do judo. Who cares?
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic