3rd degree burn

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: 3rd degree burn

Postby C-Hopkins on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:20 pm

Dude, Sue the shit out of them.
C-Hopkins
Huajing

Postby meeks on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:24 pm

I'm still a little confused about how it was able to burn you so badly before you said, "hey my leg is burning"? Was it steam coming up from the rock and just happed in a few seconds or did you do the whole massage and at the end realize?

they took hot rocks and wrapped them in towels before placing them on the body. it was hot, but not unbearable. I had no idea how hot it was supposed to feel. they had propped my legs up with the rocks under my calves. But after 30 minutes of 'simmer' even a steak can cook.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby jasonf on Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:06 pm

yea, I've seen steam do some nasty stuff. Hopefuly it heals up good and pretty otherwise you could always create some crazy hero story about the scar.
I have a friend that has a couple nasty scars on his leg from surgery, as far as most people know he was attacked by a shark.
jasonf
Huajing

Postby Dr.Rob on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:33 pm

Ah I understand now...dude you never put the person on the rocks...heat can't get out. If you notice in all the spa shots..the chick is lying there with the stones on them....the stones go on not under..you should mention this too your lawyer.

Nerve block via acupunture still maybe the best bet.

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/massage/a/hot_stone.htm

Last edited by Dr.Rob on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby Inner_man on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:30 pm

Sorry to hear this meeks. Ive had a skin graft and try to avoid it if you can. Also with new regenerating skin keep it out of direct sun for at least 2 yrs. NO SUN BURN itll really fuck it up. You should see my forearm, no one told me when I was kid and its scarred for life now. Aloe vera really good for regenerating skin as well - best direct from the plant flesh if you can it really helps.
"Deja Moo" - When you think youve heard this bullshit before..........
Inner_man
Mingjing

Postby meeks on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:23 am

well it's been a week since the plastic surgeon did the debridement (cutting the cooked flesh off). I'm down to tylenol 3s but sometimes 2 ibuprofen do the trick. the T3s knock me out sometimes and I end up sleeping for a couple of hours but some of that is just exhaustion from the pain. today was my first day back to work and shit's hitting the fan - out of stock on a lot of products so I have to pay extra to express them in from USA or China instead of regular ground shipping.

the leg still kicks the crap out of me - sometimes it feels like a warm fluid streaming from the wound down my leg, but there's nothing there. other times it feels like sharp thorns pricking the back of my lower leg, but you can't pull away from it reflexively...it just stays there. Lots of pus coming off of it, sometimes it oozed out passed the dressing and there's this yellow pus in the gauze wrap...yum. Even to lightly touch the 'healed' area that's all bright pink stings like all hell. I have to go back to the plastic surgeon tomorrow, and I'm all freaked out that he might want to put needles in it again - no thanks. I don't think I can handle that again, and I like to think that 25+ years of training/teaching I can take a smack-load of pain.

here's a pic from tonight. Keep in mind the burn was MORE THAN 4 WEEKS AGO:

that flaky stuff about an inch away from the burn area is skin that's peeling off. oh, and I just learned on Saturday that the weird cheesy smell might have been the start of 'wet gangrene' on the rotting cooked plasma (the shiny green stuff in the previous pictures)
Last edited by meeks on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
meeks
Administrator

Postby ashe on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:43 pm

i would use some weed for the pain. you can just use it before bed and make a tea with it if you don't wanna smoke it.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby Jake on Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:46 pm

Yeah Meeks... What Ashe said...

I can get ya the good stuff for cheap... Only 100 bucks for a fat quarter! :)
errrrr.............
Jake
Huajing

Postby meeks on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:35 pm

yea...but I don't think my chinese wife would be completely understanding - weed is considered to be a major narcotic by the chinese
meeks
Administrator

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:55 pm

I don't know if I said this but I always likes open air for my burns. On the roof I worked with hot asphalt (450-550 degrees farenheit) a lot as well as roof torches and got my fair share of minor burns 1st and 2nd degree ones. I never would put bandages on them because the moisture was held in and IMO it made it take longer to heal and made it more prone to infection. I know with a third degree burn that may be different but I would be letting it air our whenever I was where I knew it wouldnt get dirty, like sitting around the house for example.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby Darthwing Teorist on Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:28 pm

Sorry to hear this man. It totally sucks. I hope that you get well soon. Take care of that wound.
И ам тхе террор тхат флапс ин тхе нигхт! И ам тхе црамп тхат руинс ёур форм! И ам... ДАРКWИНГ ДУЦК!
Darthwing Teorist
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic