Executed for Drug Trafficking

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Executed for Drug Trafficking

Postby grzegorz on Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:17 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:21 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby junglist on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:29 am

"file your case."
junglist
Anjing

Postby junglist on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:34 am

You keep posting these websites and they prove nothing. All accusations from foreign media. Keep trying! I'm waiting for me to be on your side in saying that Duterte deserves to be indicted.
junglist
Anjing

Postby grzegorz on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:02 pm

In Philippine Drug War, Little Help for Those Who Surrender

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/09/06/wo ... oogle.com/
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby junglist on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:35 am

Point?

I guess it's better for these people to keep smoking meth, huh?
junglist
Anjing

Postby grzegorz on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:26 pm

Philippine president on drug war: "Even if I wanted to, I cannot kill them all"

AP
Sep 18, 2016 2:27 PM EDT

MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine president said Sunday that he may need to extend a bloody government anti-drug campaign that has left more than 3,000 people dead and been slammed by the United States and others.

Acknowledging for the first time that he may not be able to keep his campaign promise to eradicate illegal drugs in no more than six months, President Rodrigo Duterte said in jest that with the huge number of people involved, “even if I wanted to, I cannot kill them all.”

Duterte said at a news conference in the southern city of Davao that he was overwhelmed by the enormity of the problem and may need to extend his self-imposed deadline by another six months to end the scourge. He won the May 9 election on an ambitious promise to end corruption and crime, especially illegal drugs, in three to six months.

More than 3,000 suspected drug dealers and traffickers have been killed in Duterte’s campaign against drugs since he assumed the presidency in June, and 600,000 others, mostly drug users, have surrendered to authorities for fear they may be killed.

A law enforcement investigation, however, has turned up more names of people who are involved in the illegal drug trade, including many village leaders and mayors, Duterte said at the news conference. Duterte first built a name for his deadly crime-fighting style while serving as Davao’s longtime mayor before becoming president.

“I didn’t realize how severe and how serious the problem of drug menace in this republic (was) until I became president,” Duterte said.

“Even if I wanted to, I cannot kill them all because the last report would be this thick,” Duterte said, laughing.

President Barack Obama, U.N. officials and human rights watchdogs have raised concerns over the widespread killings, but Duterte has lashed back at them and other critics. He said that critics were impeding his battle against a problem that has worsened into a national security threat.

A former Filipino militiaman recently testified before a Senate committee hearing that Duterte, while he was still Davao’s mayor, ordered him and other members of a liquidation squad to kill criminals and opponents​ in gangland-style assaults that left about 1,000 dead starting in the late 1980s.

While his key officials have played down the allegations and questioned the credibility of the witness, Duterte himself has not directly reacted to the statements made by Edgar Matobato in the nationally televised Senate inquiry.

Matobato testified that he heard Duterte order some of the killings, and acknowledged that he himself carried out about 50 deadly assaults as an assassin, including a suspected kidnapper fed to a crocodile in 2007 in the southern province of Davao del Sur.

Rights groups have long accused Duterte of involvement in death squads. He has denied the claims, even while engaging in tough talk in which he stated his approach to criminals was to “kill them all.” Matobato is the first person to admit any role in such killings, and to directly implicate Duterte under oath in a public hearing.

© 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

Copyright © 2016 CBS Interactive
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:29 pm

junglist wrote:Point?

I guess it's better for these people to keep smoking meth, huh?

I think the point is that this "change" will be short lived.

Addiction is a disease and although some will momentarily stop out of fear without a great lifestyle change many will return to old habits.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby junglist on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:48 pm

In other words, nothing. Keep trying.
junglist
Anjing

Postby grzegorz on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:03 pm

Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:04 pm

junglist wrote:In other words, nothing. Keep trying.

You said it not me. That is right nothing will come this war on drugs.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby junglist on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:35 am

Nope.

You still have no proof that Duterte is directly responsible.
junglist
Anjing

Postby grzegorz on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:47 am

junglist wrote:Nope.

Are you still pushing that new narrative? That only came about because of international pressure. But feel free to live in dental, no wonder your Facebook friends ignore you. I don't have to prove anything to you because this thread isn't about you.

My question is why stop at people with addiction issues? I mean if the idea is stop crime and corruption then why not pull Johns out of Brothels and execute them on the streets? Why not execute teens caught drunk driving?

The fact is what someone does in their private time behind closed has little or no effect on your life.

Are you trying to tell me that you have never been high once in your life? ::)
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Mr_Wood on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:37 am

Filipino society really has a problem. I get the feeling Duterte is a psychopath and when he feels he's done with the drug dealers / users he will find another issue to stamp down on. The death toll won't stop. For whatever reason filipinos love him but for a long time they have relied on local gangsters / captains to solve their problems as the police were too corrupt and not to be trusted. So now they have elected a gangster for president in the hope that life will become better, which it wont.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37 ... e=facebook
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby junglist on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:59 am

grzegorz wrote:
junglist wrote:Nope.

Are you still pushing that new narrative? That only came about because of international pressure. But feel free to live in dental, no wonder your Facebook friends ignore you. I don't have to prove anything to you because this thread isn't about you.

My question is why stop at people with addiction issues? I mean if the idea is stop crime and corruption then why not pull Johns out of Brothels and execute them on the streets? Why not execute teens caught drunk driving?

The fact is what someone does in their private time behind closed has little or no effect on your life.

Are you trying to tell me that you have never been high once in your life? ::)

No new narrative. I've only asked you one thing for the most part: PROVE what you claim. In the words of D30, file your effin' case.

Duterte is under trial right now. Matobato who says he was part of the death squad that Duterte was a head of is testifying against Duterte. So far he has been caught slippin' and lying. If it was so obvious that Duterte was a tyrannical murderer, then why are the political enemies using such an incompetent and obvious liar? It's so obvious--just get a witness to tell the truth and be consistent, get some evidence, and bam. Duterte ousted and in jail.

No one is living in denial. I'm asking you to prove your frigging case. Good grief. If you have something that the joke Matobato doesn't have, do it and prove to us and the Filipinos that Duterte is behind all the murders! You willing to help me out with that?

And you're right it isn't about me. I have loads of family and friends that are in the PI who I can relay information to. If you can prove it to me, I can relay the evidence to them and piece it together for them.
Last edited by junglist on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
junglist
Anjing

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic