Executed for Drug Trafficking

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Executed for Drug Trafficking

Postby grzegorz on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:16 pm

Troll.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:20 pm

Peacedog wrote:Warisboring.com and a few other semiprofessional sites have had some articles pointing to this direction for Duerte.

My suspicion is that Duerte is about to do to the Moros what he just did to the drug traffickers. Global condemnation be damned. And sure a lot of innocent people are going to die. But the ongoing insurgency and the accompanying internationally approved soft response will be over.

It kind of reminds me of what happened in Sri Lanka when the local government said "screw it" a few years ago and went forth and regulated.

I am surprised Jung wasn't aware of this even on news radio here in the States this has been discussed not to the point of slaughter but that military presence has increased.

Needless to say without a formal request to remove the small number of military advisors there or white people as Duterte callso them the US will still be there as they are now.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:21 pm

grzegorz wrote:Troll.

there you go again,,,with names...

but lets play nice....got it ;)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:23 pm

windwalker wrote:

Actually a troll isn't a name as much as an activity.

I am not calling you a name I just know you enjoy trolling which is why I usually just ignore almost everything you post.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:53 pm

grzegorz wrote:
windwalker wrote:

Actually a troll isn't a name as much as an activity.

I am not calling you a name I just know you enjoy trolling which is why I usually just ignore almost everything you post.

like what your doing now...

I posted and supported the org thread on what was happening in PI
because I agreed with the Presidents view points and his very direct way of expressing it.
The US interferes to much in others countries affairs and is really not an honest broker by any means.

I know a couple of American Filipino co workers, in asking them about it they echoed much of what "jung" has posted here...
The people I know travel every yr to PI and have family there...

Funny place here mis-information gets presented as fact, just as jung pointed out with Micheal's post.
None of you seem to reflect on this suggesting to me that your blind to your own misinformation...
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:11 pm

Yes and me as well. I am surrounded by the same and half agree and half disagree.

It's meaningress. If someone in China works with an American does that mean that person or persons is an expert in all things American?
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:14 pm

My point to Jung is that I am only person who generalized about Flips. I know you like forum battles but I don't.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Well, I dunno about anyone else. I think murder is murder: i.e., killing someone without the benefit of a trial. If that happened, then it's as wrong there are anywhere else. If it didn't happen, then there's no argument.

Afa the racism thing, I'd guess that many posters here are White males; but, I don't think they're against the killings because they're White or male. That's why it's not part of the argument or even an issue.

Now, as to why the Filipinos may want America (i.e., White male power) out of their country, I couldn't say; but, there's nothing wrong with that. The US needed bases in there when Japan was a threat. They're not needed now, and I'm not sure who benefits more from them being there.

Anyway, it's not a bad thing that more countries feel that they don't need U.S. aid. Many people say that the money should be spent at home.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby junglist on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:40 am

grzegorz wrote:
junglist wrote:
Michael wrote:Junglist, who are the ivory tower white liberals in this discussion?

I watched the video you linked on facebook. At the 3:00 minute mark, he says if someone offers violent resistance to being arrested, the police should shoot them. What is the context? How much violent resistance do you think he's talking about? If a police or govt official in the USA said this, it would probably be interpreted as promoting an escalation of violence during the arrest by the police.

Any white guy that says Filipinos should be educated. There were a couple of folks in the other thread that were suggesting this.

What is the context of what? He's addressing cops that probably asked him about due process. And he just means what he says. If that guy is threatening your life and resisting arrest, shoot him. Im not a cop so I don't know how this is done. All I know is the meme that people say that Duterte wants people to kill drug dealers lawlessly is bullshit. Promotion an escalation of violence? Huh?

Wrong Jung, the only one who said anything remotely bad about Filipinos was me the other Flip here. I said Filipinos go through crazy phases, like kicking out Americans, which is happening again by the way. I also find it funny that you use the word racist and then blast white people.

Just to be clear to you and anyone moderating this that I really don't care to argue over these points I am using the forum to get more information but when someone keeps saying people are racist towards Filipinos because they don't believe in dragging someone out on the street and executing them then I am going say something.

Let us drop calling people racists and nazis and just stick with the facts please.

Any white guy that says Filpinos need to be educated so as to not be deceived is a liberal who tries hard to not be racist but is racist to the core. If you're not that, no need to worry.

Next, I didn't blast white people. I blast white liberals who like to speak from their privileged, ivory tower perspectives and will accept no other narratives but theirs. White liberals that have never lived in the Jungle, are unaware of how things are run there, etc.

I never called anyone a nazi but I believe some people are racist here. It's alright: some of you think Filipinos are stupid and uneducated and can't make informed political decisions.

You talk about facts but say something like this: "someone keeps saying people are racist towards Filipinos because they don't believe in dragging someone out on the street and executing them then I am going say something."

You need to prove that Duterte is all about this and that this is the work of Duterte. Then we can talk about facts.
Last edited by junglist on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
junglist
Anjing

Postby junglist on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:44 am

grzegorz wrote:Yes and me as well. I am surrounded by the same and half agree and half disagree.

It's meaningress. If someone in China works with an American does that mean that person or persons is an expert in all things American?

No, but if 91 percent of people in the Philippines and a large percentage of Filipinos are supporting Duterte, there must be something there. The people of the Philippines have a voice and they have voiced why they support Duterte--it is now up to you to listen to them and not resort to the stupid memes-like commentaries that you're blabbering about. Listen to them and make your judgments.
junglist
Anjing

Postby junglist on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:44 am

junglist
Anjing

Postby grzegorz on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:27 am

junglist wrote:
grzegorz wrote:Yes and me as well. I am surrounded by the same and half agree and half disagree.

No, but if 91 percent of people in the Philippines and a large percentage of Filipinos are supporting Duterte, there must be something there. The people of the Philippines have a voice and they have voiced why they support Duterte--it is now up to you to listen to them and not resort to the stupid memes-like commentaries that you're blabbering about. Listen to them and make your judgments.

I never posted any memes or made meme like commentaries. No one made fun of Filipinos in any way on either thread. No one did.

According to a recent CNN poll it's 8 out 10 Filipinos who trust Duterte.

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2016/07/ ... urvey.html

If in 6 months it's 5 out of 5 then is it cool to disagree?

Putin enjoys the same approval rating. The 9 out of 10 Chinese probably agree with invading the Philippines. It does not matter. I think for myself, approval ratings are meaningless.

Wrong is wrong and right is right.

And again, I live in California. You can't throw a rock here without hitting a Filipino and again I hear all sides.

I understand why this is happening. I am just saying just arrest these people. Why let innocent people get caught in the cross fire?
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:16 am

WITNESS SAYS PHILIPPINE PRESIDENT ORDERED KILLINGS

By JIM GOMEZ and TERESA CEROJANO , Associated Press

Sep. 15, 2016 2:44 AM ET

MANILA, Philippines (AP) — A former Filipino militiaman testified before the country's Senate on Thursday that President Rodrigo Duterte, when he was still a city mayor, ordered him and other members of a liquidation squad to kill criminals and opponents in gangland-style assaults that left about 1,000 dead.

Edgar Matobato, 57, told the nationally televised Senate committee hearing that he heard Duterte order some of the killings and acknowledged he himself carried out about 50 of the abductions and deadly assaults, including a suspected kidnapper who they fed to a crocodile in 2007 in southern Davao del Sur province.
The Senate committee inquiry was being led by Sen. Leila de Lima, a staunch critic of Duterte's anti-drug campaign that has left more than 3,000 suspected drug users and dealers dead since he assumed the presidency in June. Duterte has accused de Lima of involvement in illegal drugs, alleging that she used to have a driver who took money from detained drug lords. She has denied the allegations.

The killings of the suspected drug dealers have sparked concerns in the Philippines and among U.N. and U.S. officials, including President Barack Obama, who have urged Duterte's government to stop the killings and ensure his anti-drug war complies with human rights laws and the rule of law.

Duterte has rejected the criticisms, questioning the right of the U.N., the U.S. and Obama to raise human rights issues, when U.S. forces, for example, had massacred Muslims in the country's south in the early 1900s as part of a pacification campaign.

"Our job was to kill criminals like drug pushers, rapists, snatchers," Matobato said under oath, adding some of the targets were not criminals but opponents of Duterte and one of his sons in Davao city.

The killings he said he has knowledge of happened starting in 1988, when Duterte first became mayor, to 2013, when he expressed his desire to leave the death squad, prompting his colleagues to implicate him criminally in one killing.

Presidential spokesman Martin Andanar rejected the allegations, saying government investigations into Duterte's time as mayor of Davao had already gone nowhere because of a lack of real evidence and witnesses.

De Lima and Philippine human rights officials and advocates have previously said that potential witnesses refused to testify against Duterte when he was still mayor because they were afraid they would be killed.
There was no immediate reaction from Duterte, who has denied any role in extra-judicial killings when he was the longtime mayor of Davao and after he assumed the presidency in June.

Matobato said the victims in Davao allegedly ranged from petty criminals to people associated with Duterte's opponents, including a wealthy businessman from central Cebu province who was killed in 2014 by a gunman in his office in Davao city allegedly because of a feud with Duterte's son over a woman.

Other victims were a suspected foreign terrorist, who Matobato said he strangled then chopped into pieces and buried in a quarry in 2002. Another was a radio commentator, Jun Pala, who was critical of Duterte and was killed by motorcycle-riding gunmen while walking home in 2003.

After a 1993 bombing of a Roman Catholic cathedral, Matobato said Duterte ordered him and his colleagues to launch attacks on mosques in Davao city. He testified he hurled a grenade at one mosque but there were no casualties because the attacks were carried out when no one was praying.

Some of the victims were shot and dumped on Davao streets or buried in three unmarked graves, he said, adding some were disposed of in the sea with their stomachs cut open and their bodies tied to concrete blocks so they would not float.

"They were killed like chickens," said Matobato, who added he backed away from the killings after feeling guilty and entered a government witness-protection program.

He left the protection program when Duterte became president, fearing he would be killed. He said he decided to surface now because "I wanted the people to know so the killings will stop."

Matobato's testimony set off a tense exchange between senators allied with Duterte and those critical of him.
Senator Alan Peter Cayetano, who ran unsuccessfully for vice president in May's elections, accused Matobato of being part of a plot to unseat Duterte.

"I'm testing to see if you were brought here to bring down this government," Cayetano said.

De Lima eventually declared Cayetano, who was not a member of the committee, "out of order" and ordered Senate security personnel to restrain him.

Another senator, former national police chief Panfilo Lacson, warned Matobato that his admissions that he was involved in killings could land him in jail.

"You can be jailed with your revelations," Lacson said. "You have no immunity."

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/2016/A-for ... f68e28ea84
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:52 pm

..."Any white guy that says Filpinos need to be educated so as to not be deceived is a liberal who tries hard to not be racist but is racist to the core. If you're not that, no need to worry.
..."
hehe,
hey, junglist
you`re breakin` the lances in the places where nobody is resisting...
anyway
even if 10 on 10 there will be in love with Duterte ,
killing because possession of the >substances< still will be simply wrong , -sumo-
tell`ya even more, -
I`m not supposing, that because above may happen, 100% of those peps are brainless assholes -sarcasm-
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby junglist on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:13 am

grzegorz wrote:
junglist wrote:

I never posted any memes or made meme like commentaries. No one made fun of Filipinos in any way on either thread. No one did.

According to a recent CNN poll it's 8 out 10 Filipinos who trust Duterte.

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2016/07/ ... urvey.html

If in 6 months it's 5 out of 5 then is it cool to disagree?

Putin enjoys the same approval rating. The 9 out of 10 Chinese probably agree with invading the Philippines. It does not matter. I think for myself, approval ratings are meaningless.

Wrong is wrong and right is right.

And again, I live in California. You can't throw a rock here without hitting a Filipino and again I hear all sides.

I understand why this is happening. I am just saying just arrest these people. Why let innocent people get caught in the cross fire?

1. You posted de-contextualized quotes of Duterte without explanation. Most anti-Duterte people do this without really considering the context of the quotation. That's pretty damn close to what a meme is. Also racism doesn't have to be overt--but when people start talking about how Filipinos need to be educated to fix their country, it betrays not only ignorance of the dynamics at play in the PI but racism as well.

2. And I would do the same as to why Russians like Putin or why the Chinese would want their government to invade countries.

3. In this case, what is wrong? And what is right?

4. The crux of this problem is this: is Duterte directly responsible for the extrajudicial killings? If not, then we don't need you posting Duterte quoted in an effort to vilify the man. If so, prove it. It's that simple.
junglist
Anjing

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic