Executed for Drug Trafficking

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Executed for Drug Trafficking

Postby junglist on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:31 am

Michael,

Whether you think it' is inappropriate or not people are blowing it out of proportion and comparing this guy to Hitler. And the context was that reporters are telling him what the world thinks of him--the people there KNOW he is being sarcastic and outrageous and not being serious. It is only when you rip his comments out of context and jam them in a small meme that he starts to look like a Hitler and not a grumpy old man who is sick of the ignorance and unfair criticism he gets from the rest of the world.

"but my opinion is that his "outrageous and sarcastic" words are sending a clear message to kill people and giving an acceptable scope for the amount of the killing."

No he's not.
junglist
Anjing

Postby Steve James on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:06 pm

I think the most appropriate response would be to show him saying what he "really" means.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:26 pm

This is what he means, he is a psychopath. Not sure why people are getting confused about this. If you care about your people you try to help them not murder them.
Last edited by Mr_Wood on Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:18 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby junglist on Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:44 am

It's almost embarrassing how low the level of discussion here is. At least Michael, who expresses a skeptical opinion, can engage. People actually thinking Duterte wants to be Hitler. *shakes head*
junglist
Anjing

Postby junglist on Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:11 am

Michael,

Check this out. It's a vice report of Shabu and the Philippines by Vice News: https://youtu.be/eJ0I7HyZNiI
junglist
Anjing

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:35 pm

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte apologized "profoundly and deeply" to the Jewish community on Sunday, and said his references to the Holocaust while discussing his war on drugs were to hit back at critics who had likened him to Adolf Hitler.
Duterte said he recognized the comments made in the early hours of Friday had caused outrage among Jewish communities around the world, but he insisted his mention of the Nazi leader was to show how opponents had sought to portray him.

"I would like to make it now, here and now, that there was never an intention on my part to derogate the memory of the six million Jews murdered," he said in a speech at a festival carried live on television.

"The reference to me was, I was supposedly Hitler, who killed many people."

He added: "I apologize profoundly and deeply to the Jewish community ... it was never my intention, but the problem was I was criticized, using Hitler comparing to me."

More than 3,100 people have been killed since Duterte took office three months ago and launched a promised drugs war that was the bedrock of his campaign for elections, which he won by a large margin.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:51 am

It's almost embarrassing how low the level of discussion here is.

You have my apologies Junglist, my (quite possibly incorrect) opinions come from the concerns for my family there. I had no idea the drug problem there was quite so bad but with the levels of poverty and lack of work opportunities its hardly surprising many people have been drawn into this drug scene and do not deserve to be gunned down on the street, little has been offered in terms of rehabilitation, just hand yourself in and off you go to jail and as we know the jails are already holding multiples of what they were designed for which seems to be a human rights disaster in itself.

Society there has always been very violent and is now becoming even more violent, such disregard for human life cannot be healthy. I would prefer to see initiatives of getting people off the street / drugs and into work, encouraging investment / foreign investment into I.T, healthcare, education, telecommunications, call centres, manufacturing which are all areas the Philippines have a track record of, not berating world leaders and using their wrongdoings to condone your own.

I agree the drug problem needs to be stamped out but I do not believe this is the right way to go about it. It reminds me of a bill burr sketch where he is being told the benefits of owning a gun, theory being if you have a problem you point the gun and shoot, then you no longer have a problem. This to me seems to be Dutertes approach at fixing a problem. They say you lead by example, so what example is this ?

-the people there KNOW he is being sarcastic and outrageous and not being serious.

Many believe, as the saying goes, “There is a grain of truth in every joke”, or that “a joke is truth wrapped in a smile.” Sigmund Freud suggested that jokes were true, serving two purposes: aggression (such as sarcasm) or to expose unconscious desires (the sexual joke)

Didnt he once joke about being disappointed he wasn't the first in line to rape an australian student there ? or how about the time he offered himself as a gift to the bride at her wedding, all in jest of course.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby junglist on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:21 pm

1. If your family is not dealing drugs, you have no concerns. I have no concerns for my family to be shot and killed by vigilantes there.

2. Whether they deserve to be shot or not is not my point. Is this being done by Duterte? If so, prove it. I've been saying this over and over in the thread that it makes me sick to ask again. Either show that he's directly ordering these killings or that his policies allow these killings to occur. Show me some facts that I can share with my friends and family in the Philippines so they can re-evaluate their opinions on Duterte. Don't make simple one-off answers and expect me to agree with you. It doesn't work like that. And just because we don't agree with you, doesn't mean I'm confused.

3. "Society there has always been very violent and is now becoming even more violent, such disregard for human life cannot be healthy. I would prefer to see initiatives of getting people off the street / drugs and into work, encouraging investment / foreign investment into I.T, healthcare, education, telecommunications, call centres, manufacturing which are all areas the Philippines have a track record of, not berating world leaders and using their wrongdoings to condone your own."

This is why I know you're ignorant like the media you rely on for information. Please research what Duterte is actually doing for the country and not focus on him "berating world leaders and using their wrongdoings to condone their own."

4. Watch the video from Vice and you will see that it's not simply a "drug problem". It's a corruption in problem that allows the Chinese triads and the Mexican cartels to flourish there. The drug problem is a symptom of something deeper in the Philippines. And the reason why Filipinos love him is because he is actually trying to root out the problem.

5. Your Bill Burr example suggests that Duterte is the one shooting the problems away. To that I say, file your frigging case. For the millionth time.

6. Are we seriously psychoanalyzing Duterte now? Lol. The dude made a frigging joke just to troll the media that's making ridiculous comparisons of him to Hitler. Cmon man!
Last edited by junglist on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
junglist
Anjing

Postby Michael on Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:49 am

junglist wrote:Michael,

Check this out. It's a vice report of Shabu and the Philippines by Vice News: https://youtu.be/eJ0I7HyZNiI

Thanks. That's the first look I've had at the seriousness of the corruption.

So the picture it paints is local Chinese criminal gangs are importing finished meth and pre-curser chemicals to make meth, and because of the geography and corruption it's almost impossible to stop the importation. Once it's in, the meth is cheap enough to sell to a fairly poor population and the bribery and corruption of the police and judiciary might be even easier because of the poverty.
Michael

Postby junglist on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:22 am

Pretty much. But include also the Sinaloa Cartel.

This is why D30 is going after both politicians and drug dealers.

D30 complaining about being taken out of context:

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/820960/dig ... of-context
Last edited by junglist on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
junglist
Anjing

Postby Mr_Wood on Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:58 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to stay a bit more open minded about it all. Regards.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:49 pm

Well at least we're passed that Duterte has done nothing nonsense.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:10 pm

By the way Duterte got the number wrong, the estimate is 6 million Jews were killed by the nazis.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby junglist on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:27 pm

Yeah. I'm not replying to you anymore unless you post something interesting.
Last edited by junglist on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
junglist
Anjing

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic