Executed for Drug Trafficking

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Executed for Drug Trafficking

Postby grzegorz on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:41 pm

junglist wrote:This is why D30 is going after both politicians and drug dealers.

You said it yourself.

Besides why else would Dude get butte hurt when the US asks him what he's doing. I hope he does "break-up" with the US as he says. I don't any of my hard earned tax dollars going to any of this.

If Filipinos want Chinese and Russian visas then that is fine by me. If they love Dude so much that they don't want anything to do with the US I say good.for everybody involved.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:10 am

Duterte tells Obama to 'go to hell,' explains frustration with U.S.

By CNN Philippines Staff

Updated 11:34 AM PHT Wed, October 5, 2016

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) — President Rodrigo Duterte delivers his strongest tirades yet against the United States, saying he has lost respect for Washington and might eventually break up with America.

"Mr. Obama, you can go to hell. EU [European Union], better choose purgatory. Puno na sa impyerno. Bakit ako matakot sa inyo? President Rodrigo Duterte said Tuesday afternoon.

[Translation: Hell is already full. Why should I be afraid of you?]

Before a group of local governance leaders in Makati — and later, a Jewish community — Duterte explained why he was not happy with the Americans, along with the European Union and the United Nations.

He particularly lashed out at the US, saying he was "very emotional because America has certainly failed us."

Instead of helping the Philippines address its widespread problem on illegal drugs, Duterte said the U.S. chose instead to criticize him. And instead of calling him out in public, he said Washington should have coursed its concerns over human rights through the proper channels in the United Nations.

"I have lost respect with the U.S." he said.

Duterte reiterated his promise to "stop corruption, drugs, and criminality."

"That's what I promised to the people and that is a sacred promise. I will do it and will not stop despite hypocrisy of the EU, America, and Obama," he said.

The President also said the Philippines has gained nothing from joint war games with the superpower.

"Mga Amerikano lang natututo diyan (Only Americans learn there) using our soldiers. U.S. will not fight or die for us."

That's why he said he'd rather seek assistance from other countries.

"Mas mabuti pa magluhod ako sa mga king of Brunei o Thailand 'wag mo akong paluhurin sa America. Never. Ayoko talaga. You can do your worst, actually," the President said.

[Translation: "It's better to make me kneel before the kings of Brunei or Thailand but not to America. Never. I won't do it. You can do your worst, actually."]

Duterte said he would be "reconfiguring" his foreign policy and "would rather go to China and Russia."

"Eventually, in my time, I will break up with America."

The President's verbal attacks against the U.S. came days after he delivered a controversial Hitler remark that earned international headlines and criticism from human rights groups. Earlier, he also had and another spat with the local and international media over a cursing issue involving U.S. President Barack Obama.

Stop being 'noisy' advice
The President also reacted to suggestions of some allies about his "being too noisy," specifically Sen. Dick Gordon, in his war on drugs.

"Sabi ni Gordon, stop making noise. No, I cannot stop because I will lose the momentum and I cannot afford it because i am the President," Duterte said, citing that crime rate had gone down by half because of the ongoing campaign against illegal drugs.

"The momentum has to be there and it will be there for six years until the last pusher is taken out on the streets. I cannot just play silent," Duterte said. "It will not stop despite the hypocrisy of EU, and America and Obama."

'Warm relationship' between PH, U.S.
Meanwhile, the White House is standing firm: its ties with the Philippines remain strong.

Press Sec. Josh Earnest said there seems to be some contradiction with Duterte's criticism.

"Those comments are at odds with the warm relationship that exists between the Philippine and American people. There's also an important record of cooperation between our two governments. Cooperation that has continued under the Duterte government in fact. Even as we protect the strong alliance, the administration and the United States of America will not hesitate to raise our concerns about extrajudicial killings."

CNN Philippines' Ina Andolong and Makoi Popioco contributed to this report.

http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2016/10/ ... -hell.html
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:20 am

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/820960/digongs-plaint-im-always-taken-out-of-context

A lot of the things he says about the policy sound wildly irresponsible to me, especially considering the reported numbers of 3000 killed since this anti-drugs campaign began. However, the Vice video shows one example, in Manila, of a nearly lawless situation for the meth dealers. I don't know if this video is giving anything like an accurate context for either all of Manila or Philippines in general, but if that is the situation then Duterte's comments could be interpreted with this in mind. If you have neighborhood gangs of meth dealers with machine guns, who are used to being protected by the police, whom they pay off, and they "resist arrest", it's a very different context than what I'm used to seeing in the USA, where use of force is supposed to be escalated by the authorities in gradients, even in a society with a lot of guns.

If meth dealers resisting arrest in PH usually means a shootout with well-armed people, then yeah, it is different than what I had imagined, but it's still basically that I don't know what's going on except numbers killed and Duterte's comments.

Jung, do you know one or two PH news web sites that normally report all of what Duterte says?
Last edited by Michael on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:27 am

Here is one of many.

http://cnnphilippines.com/
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby junglist on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:37 am

Michael, spot on.

Also, just watch YouTube videos that shows his full speeches. Most of the stuff he says are on video. Sometimes he goes off in Tagalog or Cebuano, so yeah. There might be things you won't understand.
junglist
Anjing

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:39 am

I hear you Michael. I watched it too and as they say in the beginning the reason it is the go to drug is because of the long hours one needs to work there to try to overcome poverty, probably not unlike meth anywhere in the world. Smoking meth is quite common in the poverty striken South East.

Yes, the Philippines has a lot of problems. But I don't believe Dude knows what he's doing. He just stated that Thailand and Brunei would defend the Philippines because that has happened never before in history of the world.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:55 am

Here is a news report from Al Jazeera on the meth and drug problems in other SE Asian countries.

https://youtu.be/weHbdNFSYYg
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:01 am

At least in Thailand users get a trial and go through a rehabilitation program.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:09 am

well,
this is one of this threads, which fails in the category:
"If we jail everybody, rest will be free..." in my book.

Duterte adding some spice,
and his modern version sounds like:
If we kill everybody, rest will be livin` in the pace...

Killin` on the spot in the action, sure thing, in the place were everybody has a .45 or AK 47 for supporting their rights.
This is the word worth to fight for,
but
I have bazooka :-*

simply word of my dreams -dighole-
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:24 am

Thanks, Greg and Jung, I'll check it out.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:25 am

wiesiek wrote:well,
this is one of this threads, which fails in the category:
"If we jail everybody, rest will be free..." in my book.

Duterte adding some spice,
and his modern version sounds like:
If we kill everybody, rest will be livin` in the pace...

Killin` on the spot in the action, sure thing, in the place were everybody has a .45 or AK 47 for supporting their rights.
This is the word worth to fight for,
but
I have bazooka :-*

simply word of my dreams -dighole-

Pretty much. In Thailand they discuss how hard it is to break the cycle and that people often return to rehab but if what is the alternative? What gives any government the right to execute it's own citizens because someone has addiction issues?
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby junglist on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:44 pm

For anyone who,is still reading this thread:

The government of the Philippines DOES not execute drug addicts. People who say this are liars. You ask them to prove it, they can't.
junglist
Anjing

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:29 pm

And those who say otherwise are deniers!
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby junglist on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Dam this troll keeps rearing his ugly head. Can somebody tell this troll to provide some evidence?
junglist
Anjing

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:33 pm

From Vice News again, since they are a respected news source.

New President of the Philippines Says Citizens Who Kill Drug Dealers Will Get Medals
ASIA & PACIFIC

New President of the Philippines Says Citizens Who Kill Drug Dealers Will Get Medals
By Tess Owen

June 5, 2016 | 12:50 pm
The tough-talking president-elect of the Philippines has an aggressive new strategy to fight crime: Citizens who shoot and kill drug dealers will be given medals.

Rodrigo Duterte celebrated his recent presidential victory in the southern city of Davao on Saturday night, and, in a nationally televised speech, he warned about the dangers of the booming illegal drug trade and told regular Filipinos what they can do to help.

"Please feel free to call us, the police, or do it yourself if you have the gun, you have my support," Duterte said.

Crystal meth, known locally as "shabu," is the primary drug consumed and trafficked within the Philippines and is present in more than 90 percent of the capital's neighborhoods. A VICE News investigation last December found that the drug's grip on Manila has reached a crisis point, exacerbated by soaring unemployment, a crumbling political system, and rampant corruption.

Duterte, the former mayor of Davao City, campaigned on the single issue of crushing crime in the Philippines, and promised to bring Davao-style order to the rest of the country. According to a report by Human Rights Watch, Duterte relied on death squads in Davao that committed extrajudicial killings of at least 1,000 suspected criminals and drug dealers. Human rights groups have warned that 71-year-old politician could implement such systems on a larger scale as president. He has admitted to endorsing death squads, but denies ordering them.

Related: The Philippines' Death Squad-Loving New President Has Some Surprisingly Progressive Plans

In the same speech, according to the Associated Press, Duterte made pointed remarks about alleged corruption within law enforcement. He said that the country's police officers tend to get involved in crime because of "extreme need or extreme greed," and demanded that three police generals from Manila, the country's capital, resign for their involvement in unspecified crimes. Duterte threatened to publicly humiliate the officials if they refused to quit.

He also said he would order a review of dismissed criminal cases against active law enforcement officers because he suspects that some might have bribed their way back onto the force after getting busted for criminal involvement or drugs.

"If you're still into drugs, I will kill you," Duterte said. "Don't take this as a joke. I'm not trying to make you laugh, son of a bitch. I will really kill you."

In addition to his bellicose promises to fight crime, Duterte also warned mining companies to "shape up," and said his incoming government might rewrite laws to limit environmental degradation as a result of mining. "I have a big problem with mining companies," he said. "They are destroying the soil of our country."

Duterte was officially declared the winner of the May 9 presidential election in the Philippines during a joint session of Congress on Monday. He will officially begin his six-year presidential term on June 30, succeeding current President Benigno Aquino, who will step down next month after six years in office.

Follow Tess Owen on Twitter: @misstessowen

Watch the VICE News documentary Crystal Meth and Cartels in the Philippines: The Shabu Trap

grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic