Trump Will be President

The following typical threads that plague martial arts sites will get moved here if not just deleted: 1 - My style is better than Your style" - 2 - "Internal & External" - 3 - Personal attacks - 4 - Threads that start well, but degenerate into a spiral of nonsense.

Re: Trump Will be President

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:03 am

The mainstream press reports accurate information now?

Well Wind you were completely wrong about the Russian hackers which the media got right and Trump and his team now admit to. So perhaps a little more listening and a little less finger pointing?
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:25 am

Trump is also one of the originators of "fake news." How long did he maintain and spearhead the blatantly racist birther movement? There are still some idiots who believe that swill.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:18 am

Wow, it was predictable that if Trump doesn't trust the intel agencies, then why would the world's other intel agencies trust him.
Anyway, can't tell if this is "fake" news (and by that I mean "disinformation"), not mistaken reporting --which is the same as someone taking back and admitting that the report was false. For example,
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.764711

Oh, and I know that someone will say that she could find an article that says the opposite. But, that has absolutely nothing to do with whether something is true or not.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:37 am

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:06 pm

It must be a devastatingly frustrating feeling, for a narcissist like that who managed to get to such a highly-respectable position, to begin to realize that he's not going to be as all-powerful and important as he had hoped after all, that he can't just cancel satirical TV shows or silence news organizations as he pleases, that he might possibly (hopefully) get some of his appointees rejected, and just generally not being unquestionably and immediately obeyed by everyone around him.

He would have made a very fitting pharaoh though, were this spectacle taking place several thousand years ago.
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:28 pm

There is a difference between bad reporting and the phenomenon of "fake news." You aren't directly addressing my point, you are evading.

What do you say to Trump Admitting that he thinks Russia did the hacking after finally sitting down with top intelligence officials?

PS I appreciate the Netflix scam warning. I shared it with my fiance.

Best wishes for you and your fiance.
Peace and luck in the new year. ;)

I think like any leader receiving and updating information he will and should adjust as needed.
He’s not holding or supporting any ideological viewpoint.
He said, “he thinks” not knows it, it has yet to be proven to be the Russians.
It was thought that Iraq had WMD too, seems like the US has yet to learn from its past lessons.

From what I’ve looked at is still very questionable.

He did note that many actors are trying to, and have hacked the US...with the following question as to how could or why did this happen...
His take which I support and agree with, is to make the US defenses to cyber security more secure.
Russia, China, and others have already taken steps in this area.

We can not make the actors stop it, or even control it.
We can make our defenses better. To talk of retaliation "cyber war" is kind stupid IMO if your defenses are not better then any one else's.
It's not like the US tech is so much better then anyone else's tech in this area either....Past hacking's have exposed this.

Fake news, is just another word for disinformation which like any good disinformation does contain some true information but is mostly not
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:33 pm

I don't have any quibble about the above. I agree that we don't know anything about this yet. I would say that this coming out earlier would have had an impact on who won the election, though.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:42 pm

Can you explain how she won the popular vote,
and lost by the electoral vote?

What effect if any did it have on the election.

My point is that no matter who hacked what, and for who or for why.
They should not have been able to do it....The US is supposed have the best tech,
best practices ect, ect....

I attribute a lot of this to being very sloppy. It should not have happened.
It did and does over and over again.... no one has yet to be held accountable.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:50 pm

Actually we do know. What would guys like to see the ip adresses and urls that prove that the hackers were indeed Russian? What gives?

Interesting about the WMDs, I know a Marine who went to location for the WMDs and everyone waa dead. He is convinced that they were there but that the government got a hold of it and kept it all secret.

Also Wind, you were completely wrong about Mexico paying for the wall too. Perhaps you should source out your info better. Besides, what do you care? You didn't vote Trump, right?
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:53 pm

I think like any leader receiving and updating information he will and should adjust as needed.

From what I’ve looked at is still very questionable.

Ya'll disagree; but, you're both right. Even so, he accepts it and is the only one around who's been to an intelligence briefing. He said he knew better, but he's changed his mind. Actually, that is a positive sign, though fickleness has been his trademark. Anyway, this last dossier --which he called "fake news"-- was confirmed with a name and a source. It should be made public. Why? Because I recall him asking about what was on Hillary's servers ;) People are still looking for emails that were deleted, so important that Mr. T said he'd have his attorney general investigate. Good for the goose; good for the gander.

Guaranteed, though, Mitch McConnell will say we need to let these things drop, so we can repeal Obamacare and let the president get on with the important job of running the country. Did someone post this already? Chuck Schumer sent McConnell back the same letter that was sent to his predecessor.

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Of course I can. But, I only teach basic civics when I am getting paid as I find it boring (not my field). Besides, it's easy enough to look up on the internet.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:

Of course I can. But, I only teach basic civics when I am getting paid as I find it boring (not my field). Besides, it's easy enough to look up on the internet.

if you want to be a smart ass go for it..

luck in the new year.

later.
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Aw, it's simple. Just give him a polygraph test, and just put this phrase in his oath of office: "I promise to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:04 pm

I really wasn't being a smartass, at least not on purpose. I'm sure we are all busy, but maybe some more than others. It would be much easier to look up how the electoral college works and why it was instituted than for me to type out a civics lesson. I guess I could have posted some links, but those are easy to look up, too.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:I really wasn't being a smartass, at least not on purpose. I'm sure we are all busy, but maybe some more than others. It would be much easier to look up how the electoral college works and why it was instituted than for me to type out a civics lesson. I guess I could have posted some links, but those are easy to look up, too.

lets try again.

She won the popular vote, and lost the electoral one.
The one by which one becomes elected to the office.
How did, or would any type of alleged Russian interference supposedly in
favor of "Trump" affect the outcome of the election.

Its often said that this is one of the reasons by which she lost.

I don't quite follow the logic of this considering that most are now talking about trying to change the process so that it's based on the popular vote and not an electoral one. She won the popular vote, Trump's campaign strategy was not set up to address it,
considering its not the process by which one is elected to office why would they?

"Trump" like him, hate him what ever is IMO "3rd" party candidate
soon to be the US president. The guy is being attacked by all sides as an agent of change.
The US needs change...

No I didn't vote and haven't, joining the Army at 17,
it wasn't something I paid much attention to.
In grunt units at least back then we spent a lot of time in the field,
often having alerts loading up waiting for the word.
This would be in Germany at the time..right after nam....
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Been There Done That