25 hurt in apparent explosion in Chelsea neighborhood

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Postby windwalker on Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:57 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/possible-exp ... 26841.html
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Re: 25 hurt in apparent explosion in Chelsea neighborhood

Postby KEND on Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:22 am

Know the area well, used to live on 24th St/ 8th Ave and at the Chelsea hotel. Does not seem to be a major bomb although it had a cellphone detonator which shows some sophistication. We live in dangerous times.
KEND
Great Old One

Postby chud on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:51 am

ISIS Supporters Rush To Celebrate NYC Explosion

By Gilad Shiloach
Sep 18, 2016 at 6:05 AM ET

Supporters of the Islamic State rushed to celebrate Saturday night’s powerful explosion in New York’s Chelsea neighborhood that injured at least 29 people, even as no group or individual has been arrested or claimed responsibility.

“The lions of the Caliphate roar in New York, we cause you pain inside your house, the carrier of the Cross,” wrote one Twitter user who went by the name “I am ISIS, come and block me.” The account was soon suspended. Another, called “The Lone Wolves,” tweeted with the Arabic hashtag #ExplosionManhattanNewYork “Oh God burn America, take revenge in the name of your oppressed slaves and believers’ blood.”

Others tweeted about “good tidings that keep coming” from New York, and one user affiliated with al-Qaeda in Syria tweeted: “Oh God go against America, the head of infidels. Oh God, count them and kill them one by one, and do not spare anyone of them.”

The hashtag #ExplosionManhattanNewYork was popular among other Arab users, mostly from Saudi Arabia, who don’t seem to be affiliated with terror groups but still criticized America, Vocativ found. One user said “ISIS is an American product, their goods come back to them.” Another wrote: “This is all your doing Mister Obama, you are the reason for the spread of ISIS in the region. I wish you would listen to the words of King Abdallah and his warning for the Arabs from ISIS.”

Others raised concerns, tweeted that the explosion was “another pretext for America to intervene in another country” and that ‘the dog Trump will blame the Muslims in order to win the elections, an expected scenario”.

http://www.vocativ.com/360127/isis-supp ... explosion/
chud
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:00 am

chud wrote:
ISIS Supporters Rush To Celebrate NYC Explosion

By Gilad Shiloach
Sep 18, 2016 at 6:05 AM ET

Supporters of the Islamic State rushed to celebrate Saturday night’s powerful explosion in New York’s Chelsea neighborhood that injured at least 29 people, even as no group or individual has been arrested or claimed responsibility.

“The lions of the Caliphate roar in New York, we cause you pain inside your house, the carrier of the Cross,” wrote one Twitter user who went by the name “I am ISIS, come and block me.” The account was soon suspended. Another, called “The Lone Wolves,” tweeted with the Arabic hashtag #ExplosionManhattanNewYork “Oh God burn America, take revenge in the name of your oppressed slaves and believers’ blood.”

Others tweeted about “good tidings that keep coming” from New York, and one user affiliated with al-Qaeda in Syria tweeted: “Oh God go against America, the head of infidels. Oh God, count them and kill them one by one, and do not spare anyone of them.”

The hashtag #ExplosionManhattanNewYork was popular among other Arab users, mostly from Saudi Arabia, who don’t seem to be affiliated with terror groups but still criticized America, Vocativ found. One user said “ISIS is an American product, their goods come back to them.” Another wrote: “This is all your doing Mister Obama, you are the reason for the spread of ISIS in the region. I wish you would listen to the words of King Abdallah and his warning for the Arabs from ISIS.

Others raised concerns, tweeted that the explosion was “another pretext for America to intervene in another country” and that ‘the dog Trump will blame the Muslims in order to win the elections, an expected scenario”.

http://www.vocativ.com/360127/isis-supp ... explosion/

It appears that along with the nightlife that did not stop for a second, New Yorkers in general did not panic, even as authorities investigated who might be responsible. So far, even ISIS has not claimed credit for the incident.

http://www.vocativ.com/360147/new-yorke ... explosion/

Seems like it was no big thing, unless of course you happen to be one of the injured.
wonder what the warning was? :-\
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:53 pm

The authorities have pretty much been on DEFCON-1 for the last few days around here.

I expect they'll find those responsible sooner rather than later as this is the 3rd bombing attempt in as many days (2 in Chelsea and one in NJ) along with some crazy Palestinian guy taking a meat cleaver to the police in Manhattan.

Hopefully no else gets hurt in the meantime.
Last edited by Peacedog on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:12 pm

Peacedog wrote:The authorities have pretty much been on DEFCON-1 for the last few days around here.

I expect they'll find those responsible sooner rather than later as this is the 3 bomb attempt in as many days (2 in Chelsea and one in NJ) along with some crazy Palestinian guy taking a meat cleaver to the police in Manhattan.

Hopefully no else gets hurt in the meantime.

unfortunately it seems like this will be the new norm...for awhile
yep I would suspect they would be at DFCON-1 right now
the news cycle seems to have quieted down a bit...
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:50 pm

Terrorism inside the USA means more votes for Trump.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:07 pm

Terrorism inside the USA means more votes for Trump.

Just not from NYC ;).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:18 pm

Glad to hear it.
Michael

Postby windwalker on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:55 am

Authorities are urgently searching for a "person of interest" in the New York City explosion, identified as 28-year-old Ahmad Khan Rahami, according to a memo circulated by the NYPD.
.Image
The FBI also released a wanted poster for Rahami with his photo, saying he is "wanted for questioning" related to the bombing. Rahami is a U.S. citizen originally born in Afghanistan, the FBI said. He is considered armed and dangerous.

https://gma.yahoo.com/source-suspect-wa ... ories.html
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:10 am

Caught in Jersey ...

But, what amazes me is how many instructions on how to make ieds more destructive are given in news reports. smh
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:11 am

I learned a lot from the Bali bombing, pretty much explained it all.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:26 am

Yeah, when they are successful, just explaining why they were is mis-educational. But, damn, when they are not as successful, and the reporters say "if he had just put the device there ... at so and so a time ... with such and such materials, it would have been waaay worse." I want to slap that smiling fool in the face.

If it were up to me, I'd promote enormous amounts of disinformation. I'd find the sites with bomb-making info and change a few things around. I'd suggest that all such information is suspect, and I'd hope some fools (even idle teens) blow themselves up.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:41 am

Those TV hosts are all arm chair quarterbacks, even when it comes to bombing stuff.
Michael

Next

Return to Off the Topic