Shoes

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shoes

Postby .Q. on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am

I also have wide feet and Lems fit great. At least mine stretch noticeably after time, but it feels good right at the get go. That was one of the reasons I liked Keens too, the wide toebox.
.Q.
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:44 am

Thanks guys.
Yeah maybe my feet are weird, or maybe I'm just too used to/spoiled by the All-Stars' versatility (as far as fitting goes)...

Decided to exchange the Lems for half-a-size up, see if that solves the problem; hopefully they won't be too long...
Their return/exchange program seems like a pain BTW, although understandable since they're a small business.

I've been running in Keens CNX's since March (4-5 miles a day on average) and they're awesome, but can't wear sandals to work, or in winter, and they don't seem to make any other "minimalist" type of shoe unfortunately.

New Balance (my winter-time running shoes) are also great but not sure how they'd be with socks as everyday wear -- maybe will try a size larger, later.

If nothing else works out, I can always stay with All-Stars -- they've been really great; just wanted to try something different -- higher quality, more durable, and zero-drop
Last edited by Dmitri on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:49 am

I've been running in Keens CNX's since March (4-5 miles a day on average) and they're awesome, but can't wear sandals to work, or in winter, and they don't seem to make any other "minimalist" type of shoe unfortunately.

always liked the Keens. the only shoe I wear or buy now.

you mentioned that the LEMS seem to be more narrow in the toe area?
Haven't seen nor tried them yet from the descriptions they sound interesting.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:26 am

Took this pic last night, thought I'd share the differences, in case anyone else wanted a comparison against All-Stars (I'm assuming a lot of people are familiar with those or could easily try them on as a store):

The left one looks longer but that's just the design difference -- these are both 11.5 US size, and the heels (the actual heels, not the back of the shoe) are exactly on the same line in this shot.

The blue ovals are roughly where the pinky toes are. The green line goes across the foot's widest part, between the bumps at the "roots" of the big and pinky toes.

So as you can see the All-Stars have their widest part pretty much exactly where the foot's widest part is, whereas Lems' shape is not quite following that pattern.
Also the laces go much further forward on All-Stars, allowing to loosen (or tighten) up that front area as needed. The Lems are "fixed" there (which is where I'm feeling the pressure after I walk for a bit.)

FWIW
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby .Q. on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:08 am

That's too bad the Lems is not working out for you. I don't think Keen's make minimalist shoes as they typically have strong arch support and thick and rigid soles. However, their A86 would be the closest thing, even closer than the CNX. The lace even goes all the way down like the All Star. That shoe was super close to being perfect except for 1 fatal flaw (besides the ugliness which I can tolerate). The sole was made of some thin flimsy material that just gets destroyed w/ Bagua on concrete. It works extra well because it lets you feel the ground, is very light and mesh top is breatheable, but just dies too quickly for an expensive shoe.
.Q.
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:02 pm

Yeah I really want them to work out, that's why I've requested an exchange instead of a return/refund... They're really good in just about every other way. We'll see hoe it goes... keeping fingers crossed. :)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic