Gokhale Method

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Gokhale Method

Postby johnbecker on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:08 pm

A friend recommended this to me recently, having gotten very good results from it. I thought it might interest people here, on the basis that good posture and movement are fundamental to martial arts, but many people seem to end up worse, or no healthier from their practice.

Also, some of the points made might inherently be understood by Asian teachers, and so not emphasized when these teachers instruct Western students. That has been my experience.

http://gokhalemethod.com/gokhale-method

There are a few talks you can find on YouTube if you do a search (my Android VPN works fine, but the Windows one doesn't, and I'm writing this on my laptop) where Ester Gokhale explains and demonstrates the principles.

This isn't an exercise program, but rather instructions on how to get the posture correctly aligned, so that 'every movement becomes healthy exercise'.

A number of testimonials in her book are from Stanford faculty members, and people who've benefited range from teenagers to an 85 year old woman. One woman also wrote about how she'd reversed her 'dowagers hump'.

Have a look on YouTube at some of the talks and see what you think.
johnbecker
Santi

Return to Off the Topic