Steve Bannon and the election of Donald Trump

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Steve Bannon and the elction of Donald Trump

Postby windwalker on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:51 pm

Tom wrote:Donald Trump would not have been elected President without Steve Bannon, who is now Trump's " chief strategist" or de facto puppetmaster. These article provide good insights into how Bannon works.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/this-is-how-steve-bannon-sees-the-entire-world?utm_term=.pweonpkMPD#.xkQQV3rKgX

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2015-steve-bannon/

puppetmaster ::)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:52 pm

I don't want to come right out and say that this guy in the white house is pretty much a modern day Goebbels, but this guy in the white house is pretty much a modern day Goebbels.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:09 pm

oragami_itto wrote:I don't want to come right out and say that this guy in the white house is pretty much a modern day Goebbels, but this guy in the white house is pretty much a modern day Goebbels.

right ::)

you and the others will have 4yrs to deal with it...
and then you can make changes....kinda of the way the process works.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Re: Steve Bannon and the election of Donald Trump

Postby windwalker on Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Tom wrote:
windwalker wrote:
Tom wrote:Donald Trump would not have been elected President without Steve Bannon, who is now Trump's " chief strategist" or de facto puppetmaster. These article provide good insights into how Bannon works.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/this-is-how-steve-bannon-sees-the-entire-world?utm_term=.pweonpkMPD#.xkQQV3rKgX

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2015-steve-bannon/

puppetmaster ::)

If you map out Trump's significant positions and changes of position over time during the campaign, you can directly trace them to Bannon and to a lesser extent Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Trump simply isn't a long-term thinker. Bannon is a lot smarter, more disciplined and has a far more strategic mind. Whether you agree or not is beside the point.

If you feel he's a puppetmaster master be my guest, is the fact that a business man adapts and changes strategies a bad thing or would you prefer some kind of ideologue ?

The "Trump" from my readings has had many of his view points for a long time. His transition from the business world to the political one will take time
and be guided by those whom he trust and are aligned with his core themes.

The term puppetmaster seems like a poor choice of words for one who seems to rely on his gut instincts, unless its intended to mean he is being manipulated and does not have his own mind.

Whether you agree or not is also besides the point.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:11 pm

Tom wrote:
windwalker wrote:
The term puppetmaster seems like a poor choice of words for one who seems to rely on his gut instincts, unless its intended to mean he is being manipulated and does not have his own mind.

". . . . unless its intended to mean he is being manipulated and does not have his own mind" is the definition of a puppet.

I am not suggesting that Trump is the puppetmaster here.

Understood, I don't feel he's being manipulated but only seeks the best advice or counsel he can find that will produce the results he wants.
It's kind of odd, for some to complain he's not heeding the advice of others then complain when the advice he heeds is not to their liking.

The US is in for hopefully a big course correction.
Only 4 yrs, time enough to see if it is or was the right one.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:29 pm

I notice petitions online to ask Trump to remove Bannon but unfortunately I believe this is exactly why he chose Bannon, to send a message to everyone what this administration his all about.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:46 pm

grzegorz wrote:I notice petitions online to ask Trump to remove Bannon but unfortunately I believe this is exactly why he chose Bannon, to send a message to everyone what this administration his all about.

and that would be?

Lets try this, if he did remove him because of the petitions. what message would that send?
What would be next? How would other governments perceive him as a leader?

The only way he will be removed is due to poor performance or some thing that has yet to be brought to light
showing why he cannot legally be in that position.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:22 pm

What would that be? Is that a trick question? ;)

My point simply was that dude is not going to step down and Chump has no desire to unite the country. More than likely he, his family and friends are going to make billions off of every decision he makes.

He just spent $25,000,000.00 to settle the Trump university lawsuit. Corruption? Trump? Nah! Couldn't be.

If you want to defend Bannon, Wind, then by my guest but I am not looking for any low hanging fruit today.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:02 pm

Enter in Jeff Sessions...
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:21 pm

Add Steve Bannon, the proliferation of Fake New (appearing as real i.e. sleight of hand) and Trump is a Winner based on the legally accepted process in place. At least the puppetmasters remain "hidden" while carrying out their secret and nefarious deed to secure their place, as it remains safe.
Nothing more transparent than David Duke and others congratulating Trump while Trump's son-in-law is his Saviour. Divine Intervention is here to stay and be evident though the blind will NEVER see it.

L'Chayim
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:52 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:52 pm

Listen, Greg. Times are tight and America is in a tough spot. In order to make her great again, we really need to fulfill those contractual occupancy requirements of the private prisons so they can provide low cost, essentially slave labor in order to compete in a challenging global market. Trump is our man, he's gonna fix everything, just give him a chance. I mean, unless you don't lurv America. Do you not lurv America, Greg? I see.

In China they are implementing a social credit system that evaluates you by what you write online and whom your friends are and what they write. It's called the Sesame Credit system. Maybe Trump will bring that to make America Great Again and it will help people who post mean jpegs about fine men like Mr. Sessions to find their place into low wage jobs, or possibly Cell Block 22. Time will tell.

They'll call it The Star Patriot Index, Greg, and it will make us great again.

:o ;D -woot-
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:10 am

Michael wrote:In China they are implementing a social credit system that evaluates you by what you write online and whom your friends are and what they write.

Wow! We would all be screwed!
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:43 am

They implemented a 3 tier rating system for foreigners this month for their work visas: A, B and C. It's amazing.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:10 am

So how does it all work? Is it used when applying for a job? Is it different for foreigners and Chinese.
grzegorz
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic