Steve Bannon and the election of Donald Trump

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Steve Bannon and the election of Donald Trump

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:30 pm

This just sounds like made-up or exaggerated complaints and has little value.

My guess is people new to the office needed help learning where everything was on the first day or something like that.

Well, I put a smiley in front of the link to show I thought it was funny.

From your quote, it seems you feel that the Times made it up or, if true, it was just a first day rookie mistake. There's no reason to believe tht the Times made it up and then speculate about why if it was just a technical glitch. Otoh, one could ask how difficult it is to find a light switch in the first place.

At any rate, I ddin't think it was "serious." I thought it was funny, and I didn't spend much time thinking about it because I was laughing.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:33 am

Yup, saw your smiley. It's funny except there's a lot of ridiculous and exaggerated stuff being reported.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:43 am

:) Do you mean like nuclear reactors used to destroy NY buildings or .... C'mon, this is light stuff; and I mean light. We should all be happy. Anyway, I think many will enjoy this too.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Giles on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:46 am

Yes, that was to funny. I just had too laugh...

-> "orthographically challenged" it would seem ;)
Last edited by Giles on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:56 am

I'm glad Oliver is back. Who needs exaggeration?

文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 am

Michael wrote:Yup, saw your smiley. It's funny except there's a lot of ridiculous and exaggerated stuff being reported.

Well considering all the brouhaha over Hillary's private server and the ACA website being overwhelmed I see no reason to let up.

I hear what you are saying. I think like Putin being semi-literate for the Russian resistance you have to know that us living in the midst of all this crap we get a lot of guilty pleasure out of our free and (sometimes) independent media.

I am sure the Chinese would engage in the same if they could because I know I was in China every sign of stupidity was called out amongst one another.

Call it comic relief. Besides all these fools in power work for us and it is good to remind them of this.

Solidarnosc in Poland, it is death by a thousand cuts. And considering all the lies coming out of the hired talking heads I appreciate getting the whole picture of what the heck is actually going on or not going as in the lights as is the case here.

The way I see it is what is the point of free speech if no one uses it?
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:33 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:29 am

Thanks Steve and Greg for the laughs. It's cool, but I think some of those wildly exaggerated articles, on either side, adds to the polarization, and then you end up with a wildly exaggerated populist respone of a POTUS, eh.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:37 am

Michael wrote:Thanks Steve and Greg for the laughs. It's cool, but I think some of those wildly exaggerated articles, on either side, adds to the polarization, and then you end up with a wildly exaggerated populist respone of a POTUS, eh.

Right I hear Mike.

For the deep stuff I just posted the dossier on the other thread. As you may have heard there are finding that some of the information in there has recently been confirmed to be true. Probably more up your alley.

You are right though, chances are a fuse went out and there was some confusion and a journalist ran with it and we (the haters) ate it up. All in good fun though...
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:44 am

Greg, I did not take the piss Trump story seriously, but I did read a few articles on it looking for anything solid and I didn't find it, based on my own definition of what's reliable info. in a case like this. I also don't see anything solid in the Russia hacking story other than CIA assertions. Just my opinion on those.

Here's a couple of articles with lists of terror attacks by people from the 6+1 countries in the 90 day travel ban, so what I see is that the Trump admin. did not roll out this policy with proper foresight, but for the sake of argument if they were truly gung-ho about security in such a policy, the argument that giving 3-7 days notice has some validity, even though I disagree with that argument, meaning it is not an outrageous or racist policy, and it's not a Muslim ban, thank goodness, since Trump's big mouth was talking Muslim ban during the election.

This is what I mean: when Trump says something outrageously stupid and illegal like a Muslim ban, then I have to be on the side of rose-colored glasses wearing people who can't accept reality. But when that side overreacts to a very poorly done immigration policy, then I am put on the side apparently defending Trump. I would rather be more in the middle, if you know what I mean.

Here’s A Short List Of Foreign-Born Terrorists Reporters Can’t Believe Exist
https://thefederalist.com/2017/01/30/heres-short-list-foreign-born-terrorists-reporters-cant-believe-exist/

Did The Judges Lie: New Report Finds 72 Terrorists Came From Countries Covered By Trump Ban
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-11/did-judges-lie-new-report-finds-72-terrorists-came-countries-covered-trump-ban
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:47 am

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that Paul Joseph Watson of Infowars somehow managed to be immune to the mental issues of his boss and actually makes some valid points in this short video. Calling Silverman's social media posts a meltdown is a bit exaggerated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGbdu9bFhzQ
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:10 am

Eight minute clip from Bill Maher where Piers Morgan argues that hysteria about Trump helps Trump. Look how dense Maher is at the end regarding the crime statistics. Sessions and Piers Morgan are correct, 2015 was an upward spike, and Maher refuses to admit it, most likely because he doesn't want to ever agree with anything positive about Trump. That's dogma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYm-gW8yfA8
Michael

Postby Steve James on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:14 am

About the "72" and the judges being incorrect. Well, the one judge I saw on video saying that there were no terrorists coming from the seven countries was asking the lawyers to support the order with evidence. How would the judge know? Ok, maybe it would be because the MSM doesn't report terrorism. So, is the argument that, if the judge knew about the 72 terrorists from the seven countries, he would have approved the order? That's speculation, since we don't know that it was the only reason the order was not supported --by judges at the state, federal and appeals levels. If this were a police shooting trial or presidential election, the argument would be "it went to court; get over it."

But, back to the 72, I read the article you posted from "the federalist." At the top of the page, there's a picture of Tsarnaev, the Boston bomber-murderer, an immigrant, who was a naturalized American citizen. His family did come to the US in 2002 from Kyrgystan --but, for some reason it's not Trump's list. He murdered 4 people and injured more than a hundred. He's the poster boy for "the federalist" argument, but nothing in the defense of Trump's order would have done anything about him. No need to repeat about Saudi Arabian and Pakistani terrorists either. This is an argument about "truth," not about who's telling it. Anyway...

The federalist article goes on to mention that the claim that "right wing terrorists" have committed more terrorist acts (than Muslims) is false. Has to be true, right? I mean, there were 72 attacks by terrorists from Trump's seven, right? Well, no, and the fact that the federalist and Breitbart don't include that is glaring. There may be been 72 people accused or convicted of being associated with a terrorist activity, however.

And since 9/11, no one in the United States has been killed in a terrorist attack by someone from the seven countries, though there have been at least three non-deadly cases in which the perpetrator was connected to Iran or Somalia.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/sta ... ravel-ban/

Now, one can say that fact-checking sites are all phony. OR, that Breitbart is just another fact-checker with alternative facts. However, it is easy to check what the majority of the 72 people from those countries were convicted or accused of for yourself. Some were convicted of giving "material support" to terrorist organizations. Otoh, one American terrorist (belonging to America's oldest terrorist organization) walked into a church and murdered 9 Christians in cold blood.

So, to your point about exaggerated stories, isn't it an exaggeration to say that immediately halting immigration from those seven countries would be more effective than immediately halting immigration from countries that we know even from the MSM have sent terrorists here?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:02 am

Yeah, I noticed the Tsarnaev thing as well.

I don't think immediately halting immigration or green card holders in such a large sweep makes sense because even a 7 day grace period could provide security for immediate threats by holding those people in the airports like we did that dangerous Cat Stevens, diverted his entire plane to Maine where he couldn't hurt anyone (maple syrup is kryptonite to moonshadows), and there were no immediate threats during the recent ban, so the way this admin. rolled out this 90 day ban was a bit exaggerated, but not totally without basis. It had slightly more validity than changing terror alert status color codes for political purposes.

I think the second part of your question gets to our diplomatic relations with Saudi Arabia and Pakistan and is apparently too high above our pay grade to have ever been explained since 9/11. Fifteen of the alleged hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and OBL was allegedly being protected and was living in Islamabad for years before we allegedly assassinated him, not to mention much of the Taliban leadership was airlifted to Pakistan when we invaded Afghanistan without any evidence or lasting positive results. I could go on, but this just gets too depressing.
Michael

Postby windwalker on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:57 am

Michael wrote:Yeah, I noticed the Tsarnaev thing as well.

I don't think immediately halting immigration or green card holders in such a large sweep makes sense because even a 7 day grace period could provide security for immediate threats by holding those people in the airports like we did that dangerous Cat Stevens, diverted his entire plane to Maine where he couldn't hurt anyone (maple syrup is kryptonite to moonshadows), and there were no immediate threats during the recent ban, so the way this admin. rolled out this 90 day ban was a bit exaggerated, but not totally without basis. It had slightly more validity than changing terror alert status color codes for political purposes.

I think the second part of your question gets to our diplomatic relations with Saudi Arabia and Pakistan and is apparently too high above our pay grade to have ever been explained since 9/11. Fifteen of the alleged hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and OBL was allegedly being protected and was living in Islamabad for years before we allegedly assassinated him, not to mention much of the Taliban leadership was airlifted to Pakistan when we invaded Afghanistan without any evidence or lasting positive results. I could go on, but this just gets too depressing.

From what I have read the 7 countries where chosen because they were on a list from the previous administration and listed as failed states.
The other countries are not, as such they have agencies that work with the US agencies in the vetting process.
Its been pointed out by both administrations security agencies that there is no real way to vett people from the areas listed as failed states.
The "pause" was supposed to allow them to come up with a way to review or improve the process.

Rather then try to account for all contingencies, ie green card, people working with the US ect. it seems like they just used a blanket "stoppage" allowing them to address things as they came up which they did after a review. The pause was to allow them time to review and put into effect their vetting processes which will still be put in place regardless. It would have been been better to review with the pause. Doing it in real time is less then optimal, but will not stop the processes they want to improve or implace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAMoo-5n3vQ

the montage is interesting, they all say the same things.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic